PDA

View Full Version : Custom 22 Classic with 500EFI....

roadtrip se
03-15-2005, 10:59 PM
2001 Donzi 22 Classic

undertaker
03-16-2005, 09:08 AM
Roadtrip I have heard about your boat looks sweet you say you are looking to move up in size to a bigger boat I have a 2002 33ZX clean twin 496 MAG HO's for sale if interested. I am looking to move down to a 22 classic :eek!:

Nice Boat!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Dr. Dan
03-16-2005, 09:54 AM
:spongebob Well ... I debated cluttering up your post out of respect...for the Forum...and I suppose you...then I came to my senses? WTF...this is some perverse form of Donzi Rape...get your ignorant,aerodynamically hair styled buddy to dump a Sh*t Ton of cash in his ridiculous boat...only so you can be more comfortable boating in rough water in Michigan? :)

"Good God Magnum"...to quote Higgins....what are you thinking....I will shun you from every Event you never attend....you will be banished from my Beach House that I do not own! And I will Throw Dog Poopy On Your Shoes...next time I see you...nothing is gonna kill ya if ya have Two Boats in your Stable! Sell the Mustang you don't Drive...Sheeesh!

I have to vomit now..... :puke:

Doc of Disillusion and Mass Deception by Those He Loved! :beer:

Good Luck with the Sale...Trader! :biggrin:

Doc :p

mattyboy
03-16-2005, 10:04 AM
this is a sweet!!!!! boat that has all the go fast goodies in it, and it is an SE for Somerville Edition I say it stands for
"shiney everywhere"
can't wait to see the next SE :)

BUIZILLA
03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
:spongebob Good Luck with the Sale...Trader! :biggrin: Doc :p I hear he wants a beak boat, in that case, it's spelled TRAITOR...

anonymous

Rootsy
03-16-2005, 11:13 AM
i don't care what you get todd.. i'll still find a way to pass you... :biggrin:

Hotspare
03-16-2005, 11:20 AM
I've heard Vegas will be posting the odd's on this one .....

And will be released after Peter Jennings spills the beans on World New's Tonight ....

I'll reserve my opinion till the polls are released later tomorrow ..............

What are you doing Todd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thriller
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
What's he doing ya say?

My guess is he is taking it one step further to the ultimate 38 ZR..;)

There are a couple nice used ones around:moped: :checkered

I can feel it..Ya know yaaaa waaaaannnnnn it.

MM

boldts
03-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummmmm No mention of this last weekend when we spoke. I must have gotten out of bed on the wrong side today and am day dreaming?

Good Luck with the sale (Just unreal, still can't believe it) I thought not to long ago in the Wanted section there was someone looking for a 500 22 Classic. I don't think he wanted the Donzi SE boat. Maybe a Somerville SE is what he had in mind. :)

Me thinks a new Ford truck may be in the driveway also. :moped:

Jabes
03-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Here is another pic of the dash (MADCOW last year at Browns), coolest I have ever seen. This is one MINT boat!

RickSE
03-16-2005, 02:37 PM
For Sale??? You can't sell these boats, they're too expensive. You buy them for life. :bonk:

undertaker
03-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Damn!! :angryfire would somebody buy my 33ZX :frown:

This is my kind of boat!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker :smash:

MOP
03-16-2005, 10:36 PM
Todd can't understand you even thinking of letting that jewel go, that is no doubt one of the very best b22' out there I am am with Jill :yes: Your boat stands out in any crowd, many strive for perfection and never achieve it, why work so hard and let it go? Sell the Stang!

MOP

Dr. Dan
03-17-2005, 05:30 AM
:beer: Ya know a good friend recently advised me to sell my 1993 Ford Lightning...cause although it was a cool Truck...it pretty much just sat around, and was really never driven with any regularity.

2 Weeks ago I sold it...and although I miss it...its in the driveway of someone who will appreciate it, and actually use it...

My guess is right now that Stang would bring a good buck....especially while there is no current Cobra available....

Or you could sell that Gator Monster in your Toy Shed.....now that would really free up some cash...heck maybe even bring more Red Necks out of the Woods of Milford....Good God Batman....pull yourself together man.

Now go get some Scotch, get a good Cigar...light it and stick the lit Cigar in your eye...if ya sell the 22!!! If not then enjoy the Scotch & Cigar...we will forgive your momentary lapse of reason. :p

Tough Crowd!!!

undertaker
03-17-2005, 01:29 PM
Damnn it :bawling: I new this boat would not last long :yes: If ya change your mind let me know :biggrin: :biggrin:

Undertaker - still looking for the right 22 classic :cool!:

MOP
03-18-2005, 11:58 AM
Yeah!!!!

boldts
03-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Roadtrip,

If the SE needs some exersizing, I've got a few calm lakes down here in Columbus. I'd be happy to exersize your horses for ya! That way she won't be lonely and we have maybe a month more summer here?

Glad to read your keeping the SE. I knew Grizz was on my best buddy list for a reason! :yes: :beer:

Mr X
03-18-2005, 04:25 PM
Todd,
I know what you are going through.
I had mine up for sale off and on several times. (as you know :rolleyes: )
I just could not use it in big water.
Finally someone stepped up to the plate and made me an offer I could not refuse! :eek:

VinV
03-18-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments on the Classic. If this thread isn't definite proof that the Donzi community is a cult, I don't know what is!

I've received multiple phone calls the past couple of days, not inquiring to purchase, but wondering what the heck I am thinking! Great question and I really haven't had a straight answer for anyone, but thanks for the calls.

Yes, I have been involved in infecting many of you with the upgrade disease.
Just today, I was talking shortie drives with an 18 classic owner.
Yes, I have advised many of you to sell other toys, to get deeper into the Donzi depths. It is a disease and associating with this group only makes the addiction worse!

I am looking at another DONZI! One of our Donzi brothers is checking it out for me tomorrow. It is one sweet ride and I am sure that it will check out.
I want a wave crusher for the big water here, so we can get more time on the water this year. Ask any of the locals and a common theme is the dream of something bigger to go toss off the rough stuff the Great Lakes tend to dish out.

One of you should have jumped in my moment of weakness. The calculator is out and I'm trying to justify two boats in a place where we have a four and a half month boating season. Tough task. Sell the Mustang, the Gator, maybe cash in some options, hmmmm.

The SE is officially off the market. To quote Grizzley, "the special Donzis are a lifetime investment, they become part of your family, and a part of you."
Thanks everyone for reminding me of this.

Todd
"Off to measure the barn..."

I posted a request for your 500 a month ago. Now I have a new 22 on order with a 425 in it. Nothing like getting a new boat wishing that you had the one you really wanted. At least nobody else got it.......

blackhawk
03-18-2005, 05:18 PM
Ted and Todd, when you say "big water" what kind of water are we talking about? I know my blackhawk could get tough to drive in the slop but I figured a 22 with a Bravo would eat up any rough stuff. Especially the rollers on Lake Michigan! Or did you two want the "comfort factor" of a longer boat with more freeboard?

Just curious cause my next boat will probably be smaller, not bigger.

olredalert
03-19-2005, 12:16 PM
-------I think Todds comments primarily come from running the St.Clair river between Lake Huron and Lake St.Clair.
------- I live on the river and it can be a very strange place to run. The current is always going south at 6mph and the wind comes primarily from the west and south but can change at any time and confuse the heck out of things.
-------Add to that the seawalls that run almost its entire length and the freighters and, even worse, the 30/50ft Searays and such. The wakes up here just never disappear. You can be running down the river with absolutely no one in sight and a rogue wake can ruin your day.
-------I sold my 22 after a couple of years and luckily found my 24 El Pescador. It doesnt run anywhere near Todds velocity but the Harry Schoell (sp) designed hull can just about take anything the river can throw at it with a high degree of comfort. Then I caught myself missing a small squirtbox and luckily tracked down my Corsican. If I win the lottery there are other DONZIs I would like to have, but at the moment I feel pretty lucky. Bases covered.

-------Im glad you have decided to keep the 22, Todd, as you have so much of yourself in the boat. With another bigger vessel you should have all your bases covered. I think you would miss buzzing around Harsens with the rest of us nutcases in our small hulls. I know I would!!!!..........Bill S

Air 22
03-20-2005, 12:35 AM
Todd...Now, :banghead: I have to hear DOC complain that no one can run w/ him : :splat: ...As if I didn't already hear enough from him... :rolleyes:

Whats that?...my phone...guess who?...he's already" bla, bla, bla, "

I'm jumpin on w/ Poodle...AirPoodle Engineering votes sell the Stang.... :convertib ;) :yes:

fasttrucker
03-20-2005, 09:43 AM
I want to buy this classic! :hyper: But I would not sell my 28zx and cant afford two boats.Ill be calling as soon as my lottery ticket wins! :wavey:

Dr. Dan
03-20-2005, 09:44 AM
:bonk: In order to hear anything ya gotta remove your head from your.... :toiletpap long enough to hear someone other than yourself talk...about anything other than your "Unit"...Revlon Hyper Gloss Fly Boy! :rlol:

Doc of Instigation & Hi Jacked Threads :D

Mr X
03-20-2005, 10:06 AM
:bonk: In order to hear anything ya gotta remove your head from your.... :toiletpap long enough to hear someone other than yourself talk...about anything other than your "Unit"...Revlon Hyper Gloss Fly Boy! :rlol:

ROFLMAO! :p

blackhawk
03-20-2005, 12:36 PM
-------I think Todds comments primarily come from running the St.Clair river between Lake Huron and Lake St.Clair.
------- I live on the river and it can be a very strange place to run. The current is always going south at 6mph and the wind comes primarily from the west and south but can change at any time and confuse the heck out of things.
-------Add to that the seawalls that run almost its entire length and the freighters and, even worse, the 30/50ft Searays and such. The wakes up here just never disappear. You can be running down the river with absolutely no one in sight and a rogue wake can ruin your day.
-------I sold my 22 after a couple of years and luckily found my 24 El Pescador. It doesnt run anywhere near Todds velocity but the Harry Schoell (sp) designed hull can just about take anything the river can throw at it with a high degree of comfort. Then I caught myself missing a small squirtbox and luckily tracked down my Corsican. If I win the lottery there are other DONZIs I would like to have, but at the moment I feel pretty lucky. Bases covered.

-------Im glad you have decided to keep the 22, Todd, as you have so much of yourself in the boat. With another bigger vessel you should have all your bases covered. I think you would miss buzzing around Harsens with the rest of us nutcases in our small hulls. I know I would!!!!..........Bill S

I hear ya on the "confused" waters! My blackhawk could be a handful if there was no rythem. I thought they were talking about big rollers that you get on Lake Michigan. I would thing that a 22' Classic could easily handle 4-6' rollers.

undertaker
03-20-2005, 02:45 PM

OH MY GOD!!!! :hyper: :propeller :bonk: :propeller :bonk:

Doc you killing me!! :yes:

Undertaker :beer:

Budmann
03-22-2005, 02:37 PM
Todd... glad to hear your keeping that beautiful 22. I have had mine since 1986 and would not dream of selling.
it has given me to many great memories to ever part with it.

Hope to see you some time on the water...

Bud