PDA

View Full Version : 351 Ford Manifolds

Guy B
03-15-2005, 12:47 PM
Can anyone point me to a source for exhaust manifolds and risers for my 18'. I have the 351 Ford OMC transom exit set up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Guy

LKSD
03-16-2005, 04:08 PM
I should be able to help you.. Please call me tomorrow. I have a few different omc / ford manifold & risers availble... :propeller
Jamie / Lakeside Restorations.. 570-639-2628

knots2u
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
I can get cast iron or aluminum center-riser, 3" or 4" ID exhaust hose. What do you need?

Guy B
03-17-2005, 07:42 AM
I can get cast iron or aluminum center-riser, 3" or 4" ID exhaust hose. What do you need?

Well right now I need the manifolds and risers. I was able to buy a new system about 7 years ago and can't find any of my paper work. The standard after market ones don't fit, so I'm trying to find the OEM units. Pretty interesting that you can get an aluminum riser. I will see how things work out with the manifold.

Thanks very much for your input and will get back to you as we move forward.

knots2u
03-17-2005, 09:05 AM
Do you have the cast iron round style now? They look kind of like bull horns. Block off plate with hose bib on front end, 90 degree exhaust adapter on back end.

Guy B
03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
Do you have the cast iron round style now? They look kind of like bull horns. Block off plate with hose bib on front end, 90 degree exhaust adapter on back end.

They are cast iron. The riser is mounted in the center of the manifold and has no hose bib or adapter. I don't have the boat at the house right now, so I'm not sure if it has 3 or 4 in output. I know that "OMC" is cast into the side of the riser. I wonder how many of the 18 ft boats had Fords put in vs the Chevy SB ? It does not seem to easy to find these parts.

Thanks for your help with this.

knots2u
03-18-2005, 03:10 PM
Tall risers with 5" long thru bolts and short exhaust outlet or short bolts thru mounting flange with 12" long exhaust outlet? You might find some NOS OMC parts, generally aftermarket for OMC now. Are you running open or closed cooling? Fresh or salt water environment?