PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft troblesome update!

MOP
03-15-2005, 08:54 AM
Kb891711 is causing wide spread problems, anything from refusing to boot to blue screens of death which is what I have been going through. Microsoft is aware of the problem but has not issured a fix, a tempory work around is to get it out of the start menu or if you system will boot OK do a Control Alt Delete high light Kb891711 and hit the End Task Button. Hope this helps a few others out. You can do a search using just the file name and get a ton of info. Another thing I am having trouble with is Fire Fox since adding the patch it will crash off and on while tabbing.

Phil

rustnrot
03-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Phil no problem with the latest FF here. But I do not have the latest XP patch either. It is 5:30 am and leaving for Mt. Dora shortly...................................!!!!!!!! !!!!1

MOP
03-16-2005, 09:43 PM
New twist, as usual I did the C.A.T. and killed it after booting up, an hour or so later things started acting funny. So I did a CAT again and the damn thing had reloaded its self, it makes Fire Fox logy and flashes the screen at times. Hope good old MS fixes it soon!

Phil