PDA

View Full Version : Carb Question

onesubdrvr
03-14-2005, 10:57 PM
OK,....

I've got the Carb installed, but the engine (when I got it) had no linkage or carb. So I purchased the Edelbrock 600cfm marine carb with mechanical secondaries and electric choke. Now I've hooked my cable up, when I push the throttle, when the carb gets to the position that the primary's are open all the way, everything is hunky dory, BUT, going beyone that (mechanical secondaries), the added spring pressure forces me to keep my hand down on the throttle, otherwise it returns back to the primary full open only.

Is there an adjustment I need to make?

Any suggestions - or is this just how it is with a 4bbl? (only experience was with the 2bbl on the old 6 cyl)

Thanks

MOP
03-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Wayne normally I put the shifter in the full throttle position then adjust the cable until it goes into the carb link hole with just a tiny bit of pressure assuring full throttle, I do not run any assist spring on anything I setup only the one that is on the throttle body. Without seeing yours it is hard to say how it is setup, are you sure the carb linkage kit is for a marine app? Very rare do you see any extra springs unless trying to fix an improper setup.

Phil