PDA

View Full Version : trailer springs

gero1
03-11-2005, 10:17 AM
when pulling the emty trailer up the hill from the ramp and the road levels out at the top the back tires come off the ground and the spring hangers flip over. how can i stop this as it is a real pain to get them back up when the boat is on the trailer. any bodyelse have this problem

gero1
03-11-2005, 09:09 PM
i cant believe no one else has had this problem

Lenny
03-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Post a pic of your trailer suspension layout. It will help people understand what you are describing and how that can even happen :eek:

marcdups
03-11-2005, 09:20 PM
I have seen this problem before on dual axle set up and the floating hanger between the axles would flip one way or the other, figured they were too tight where they mounted on the springs, other than that can you post some pics to see xactly what you are talking about. :boggled:

gero1
03-11-2005, 09:30 PM
sorry i did'nt know those were called floating hangers but marcdups you are right, they are flipping down. its a duel axle eagle trailer. how can i stop this, is something wore out? its a real pain to jack the trailer up and flip them back upright

Air 22
03-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Give these guys a call. I had an Eagle Trailer for my 22 Classic and they were very helpful etc... :)
http://www.eagletrailer.com/contactus.asp

HoleShot
03-12-2005, 03:25 PM
when pulling the emty trailer up the hill from the ramp and the road levels out at the top the back tires come off the ground and the spring hangers flip over. how can i stop this as it is a real pain to get them back up when the boat is on the trailer. any bodyelse have this problemT
Try checking the height of the hitch ball, you may have to raise it, if the ball is too low especially if you have a load in the back of your vehicle it causes this problem by lifting the rear of the trailer, had a similar problem with a utility trailer, sounds simple but just had to change hitch tongue and it solved the problem

gero1
03-13-2005, 05:41 AM
at the top of the ramp where it meets the parking lot and levels off, the back tires are off the ground about 6-8 inches, its a very quick change. i need to limit the amount of travel of the back axle, hate to use a chain.thanks 2 all.....p.s.will somebody drive my truck to hawkins w.i today???

MOP
03-13-2005, 04:04 PM
I did a little oval track years back, we used a heavy 1-1/2 W 1/4 thick web straps bolted to the chassis to limit the drop of the inside (left) rear axle & A frame it did the trick. You should be able to do something similar using the heavy nylon web straps that trucks use for securing loads, I think that stuff is much more durable then the old stuff we used.

Phil

gero1
03-18-2005, 11:47 AM
talked to eagle trailer this week, this happens siometimes they said. mop you are right on the money, i will be making something to limet the travel of the rear axle