PDA

View Full Version : March Madness

ChromeGorilla
03-10-2005, 11:31 AM
OK folks it's time to get this puppy rollin. I have set up a private league for those of us here on the registry on ESPN.com. Here is a link to where you can create your account. ESPN.com (http://games.espn.go.com/tcmen/frontpage) It is free. The only thing you have to do is create an account to get an ID. You can sign up now but the brackets wont be available to fill out until 3/13.

The name of our group is Donzi. The password is Donzi.

Hope to have lots of us try it out. Even if your not into sports a whole lot, fill out a bracket and give it a whirl, it's lots of fun! Plus not only are we ranked within our league (for braging rights), if you have the best bracket in the entire espn pool of entries, the grand prize is $10k! So good luck with your picks!

RedDog
03-10-2005, 11:37 AM
Being basketball, and being a Vol Fan, I don't think I'm qualified to play :bawling:

boldts
03-10-2005, 06:45 PM
I'll be in. Don't know a lick about college b-ball or football. It gives ya a reason to watch all those games while the housewives are complaining about their soaps being taken off the air for the games.

Hey, Ohio State beat the number 1 team in the nation last Saturday. Due to self inflected no play-off attendance, we won't be in the dance, but it just goes to show, anyone is beatable on any given day. We still love to mention how OSU football won the National Championship over that Florida school named Miami U back in 03. How-ever, I never make mention of that day at AOTH. Especially when I'm offered a ride in a very nice Crit. by a very good friend from Miami!

ChromeGorilla
03-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Just watched my boys whoop Rutgers. Go Orange! UCONN is next on our list of destruction....... :fire:

ChromeGorilla
03-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Only 1 taker?!?!?!?! Shesh :rolleyes: C'mon peeps.

springs
03-11-2005, 12:58 PM
i'm in.

ChromeGorilla
03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Talk about a piss poor turn out :( No body has signed up. I guess I'll play with, er I mean by myself....

springs
03-14-2005, 10:05 AM
I enlisted the help of a friend who watches basketball. I want my part of the $10,000 is fives and ones.

ChromeGorilla
03-14-2005, 10:24 AM
To collect that loot you pretty much have to have a perfect bracket filled out and the exact score of the final game. In 03 when Syracuse won I had only 1 wrong pick in my bracket, a first round game. I had the final score exact too and I was ranked 98th overall out of over half a million entries. That was my best bracket ever. Last year I was hurtin. This year is very tricky, it's pretty wide open IMO. Good Luck.

onesubdrvr
03-14-2005, 11:30 AM
CG,

Thanks for setting it up,...

I know almost nothing about who's who in college hoops (for about the last 8 years), don't really follow anything but Football anymore - time is limited with 4 GIRLS running around,....sigh,....

Anyway, I threw the usual darts, picked some hopeful upsets / etc.

Thanks for setting it up, it'll be fun,
Wayne

florida gator
03-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Being basketball, and being a Vol Fan, I don't think I'm qualified to play :bawling:

I'll check it out. Not a big basketball fan but, I do love those Gators who just beat UK for there first SEC Championship.

ChromeGorilla
03-16-2005, 07:58 PM
Last chance to get in. Tourny starts tommorrow. Good luck to everyone who signed up!

ChromeGorilla
03-28-2005, 09:42 PM
OK going into the final four boldts and myself are tied for first. He has Louisville beating Illinois and I have it the other way around. This is the game that will decide who won our "league". :crossfing Good luck Scott. You're going down buddy! :uzi:

boldts
03-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Chrome, Thanks for setting this up for us. Mixed emotions about the Louisville vs Illinios game. Yes, I'd like Louisville to win for my pool, but since Ohio State is part of the Big 10, I'd also like to see an all Big 10 Illinios vs Michigan State final.

It's been amazing how many of the top ranked teams have gone down to lower seed teams this year. Syracuse out early, UConn out early, Duke & Kentucky out already.

Been fun and of course, Good Luck in that deciding game for our Donzi March Madness!

boldts
04-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Chrome. Just wanted to congradulate you on winning our March Madness pool. I was in a way like I said glad to see Illinios win even though it meant I lost the pool. Watching the final game, I thought Illinios was being trounced by Carolina. Turned the channel to watch something else. My bad because Illinios came back to tie the game up. Just not quite enough to get the job done. UNC's coach was at Ohio State before going to Carolina, so I'm OK with them winning the Championship. Thanks again, it was fun watching the games with added interest.