PDA

View Full Version : Need help 22 classic.....

Knot Slow
03-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Hello to all,just bought a 1986 classic 22 with 5.7 350 merc,I have a few questions maybe some one can help me out?The boat runs great but im experencing this problem,in the water at high speed the boat is very steady,but when i throttle down it tends to lean way up on one side,the passenger side,is this normal?next question ,does anyone make dash boards ?im about to refit a new dash from stainless and install new gauges and rewire the boat,but if someone knows of a company that makes dash boards let me know ,thanks....:wavey:

txtaz
03-09-2005, 03:23 PM
KnotSlow, Welcome to the registry. Good nick. There are tons of knowlegable people here.
As far as "leaning", does it want to turn left? If so, give it right steering to compensate. From what I understand this is normal. My 18c does the same thing. You might also want to play with the tabs to get used to them, I keep my nuetral and only adjust for weight shifts in the boat.
Some guys have redone their dash boards and I'm sure they will chime in.
Again welcome and have your checkbook ready. :beer: Come join us at events.
Wes

Knot Slow
03-09-2005, 03:39 PM
KnotSlow, Welcome to the registry. Good nick. There are tons of knowlegable people here.
As far as "leaning", does it want to turn left? If so, give it right steering to compensate. From what I understand this is normal. My 18c does the same thing. You might also want to play with the tabs to get used to them, I keep my nuetral and only adjust for weight shifts in the boat.
Some guys have redone their dash boards and I'm sure they will chime in.
Again welcome and have your checkbook ready. :beer: Come join us at events.
Wes Hey thanks ,

MOP
03-09-2005, 10:07 PM
Hi and welcome aboard, I also have a SB 86 22. There are several SB 22s out there, decent turn of speed, super economy and real hard to beat the ride and handling. Like the guys say just throttle down a little slower and the roll goes away.

Phil

goatee
03-09-2005, 10:54 PM
what about his prop?
is it a 3 or 4 blade?

Dr. Dan
03-09-2005, 10:59 PM
Call Woody at Nisongers...Tell him that Dr. Dan sent ya....

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/nisongerautomarine/7-d18cdc.html

I have a older thread under the performance section, do a search under Blue Pill...it will have pics of our new Dash that they made. :spongebob

Any other questions...private mail me

Good Luck

Danny Ocean :beer:
Doc Maybelliene

DONZI
03-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Welcome to the board !
I think in order to diagnois this i would have to experience the symptons. :wink:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38731