PDA

View Full Version : fino 30

SEAVEE25
03-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Looking for an old Fino 30 that used to run around Annapolis, Maryland on the Severn River (chesapeake bay area). I last saw it on a trailer on Kent Island and then went back to check if it was still around and a guy told me it was sold to a guy in Delaware....now lost.

It was blue/white with twin vdrive setup and had great lines and power...and looks like this one in the pictures....

olredalert
03-09-2005, 10:38 AM
-------Do a search on "Fino" on this website as I think we may have talked about this boat or one like it. Beware of one for sale in Ft. Lauderdale as it has some very soft stringers............Bill S

tom rockstroh
03-09-2005, 01:35 PM
There were 3 Finos in the Annapolis area,70's/80's-Mine, which was white(Mercs) And still cruising the area,A powder blue one (Chryslers) and a Red one(mercs) .The one you saw was the blue one a parking lot next to Rt 50 on Kent island several years ago, I thought about buying it, but it was a serious basket case,I knew the guy that owned it,He bought it also with thoughts of a re-build,I also heard he gave up and sold it to someone in Del. The original owner was a lawyer in Glen Burnie,and he had a summer home on severn river.It was one of the first ones made in 1970 ,He converted it to 2-built up 454s, and for its time it was fast.The red one is still around,although it is now orange/white/black,Owned by the guy that owns a string of marinas.Get this,they just re-did it and re-powered it with two cummins diesels.Finding a good Fino these days is next to impossible,I sold mine 21 years ago and everytime I see on the bay it I still wish it was mine again.

Minx20
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM
-------Do a search on "Fino" on this website as I think we may have talked about this boat or one like it. Beware of one for sale in Ft. Lauderdale as it has some very soft stringers............Bill S

Over the years I have run across several in the South Florida area. My fater had one that was red and white with gold leaf. It had 7.4 and arnesons. Ran a good 60+. After it sold it went through several owners and I lost track of it. There is one by the Lauderdale airport that is dark blue that has been from one storage yard to another, but I have never seen it in the water. It has all original SS and trim. It has allways been tarped from the weather, so it might be structuarly sound.

E.S.

SEAVEE25
03-17-2005, 07:33 AM
near lauderdale airport - if you can track it down please let me know....thanks

olredalert
03-17-2005, 11:02 AM
------The one I mentioned to stay away from is maroon with v/drives and is also in south Lauderdale right near Pier 66 (is that what its called now?)..................Bill S

Minx20
03-17-2005, 10:03 PM
near lauderdale airport - if you can track it down please let me know....thanks

I will go by tommorow and get some pics for you. I think I know who has the owners info as well.

E.S.

SEAVEE25
03-18-2005, 07:28 AM
That would be most appreciated...

Minx20
03-28-2005, 03:29 PM
Here they are at last....

Minx20
03-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Another one.

SEAVEE25
03-28-2005, 04:23 PM
any info on the owner - or registration on the boat...street address of boat...looks to have dark blue or black hulls..? Is this in a storage lot or a boat yard forsale? thanks for the pics...

BUIZILLA
03-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I think i've seen that boat..... Ravenswood Rd.... north of Griffin rd... west of 95 perhaps???

Minx20
03-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Is blue with red boot stripe. I will pass by the marina office and get some more details. It has been there in the same location for several years. I pass there just about every other day and have never seen the boat opened or being worked on. It may have a storage lien, or just a future project for someone. I know they charge $15.oo a day regardless of size, so it may be in the owners best to sell if someone wanted it. Must have a story as it is right by the road and it must have been noticed by quite a few interested parties.

E.S.

Minx20
03-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I think i've seen that boat..... Ravenswood Rd.... north of Griffin rd... west of 95 perhaps???

That is the one. Been there a long time. Looks to have v-drives.

E.S.