PDA

View Full Version : Need help on my Ragazza...Please!

Scott Pearson
03-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I have a 23 foot 1988 Ragazza and I have a few questions.

1. Where can I get the hull blueprinted? I have big plans for this thing and I'm looking to do some serious off shore racing with the big boys. You know... Reggie Fountain etc.

2. I need help on setting up twin surface drives. Like where to put the x-dimensions and transmissions. Should I run standoff boxes?

3. Where can I get all my rusty old hardware chromed? This is really important....The shiner and smoother it is I know I will pick up the MPH on my top end.

4. I need some imput on running twin Blown, supercharged and turboed Yugo 4cyl motors. ohhh....and I will be running a 1000 horsepower Nitrous fogger units on each one.

5. I need a good glass person. I want to make this thing have full canopy's.

6. Also I will need a great stereo installer. I want some serious bass and some loud ass woofers. This way when I'm out kicking Reggie's butt I can be jamming to some cool tunes....early Bee Gee's or something.

7. Who sells those cool Donzi Walnut Knobs...I have got to get me some of them....Not for the shifters....I want to hang them from the rear view mirrior that I will be installing. This way I can see where Reggie is at all times.

8. Ohhhh and I will be going to the Lake George Donzi Dust-off. Man, I cant wait!

Thanks everyone for your input! Keep up the great work on this wonderful site.

"Ragazza Man"

gcarter
03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
;) I think this is a wonderful idea!!!! :rlol:
I think it's a plan with great potential! Ha ha.
Maybe some folks here could come up with some more good ideas. :smile:

:boat:

Rootsy
03-08-2005, 07:19 PM
don't forget the silly string in a can and you'll need some nice polished stainless flashing for the cutouts in the hatch... you know... for those dragster pipes...

oh yeah.. don't forget the lifeline for the flamingo :wavey:

mphatc
03-08-2005, 08:12 PM
Let's all guess

will it be orange ????

You could use that green lexan sheet for the canopys!

Mario ;-)

mattyboy
03-08-2005, 08:14 PM
funny i been thinkin the same thing, i need more freeboard

Ed Donnelly
03-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Sounds kick ass except for the music.
I would reconsider, perhaps Queen. That way you would have to be faster, if you know what I mean................Ed

Red Rocket
03-10-2005, 03:56 PM
????

vgraham882
03-10-2005, 04:09 PM
I bought an '89 last year 300 original hours. It held up great over time. Lovin it.

as you can see.

Lenny
03-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Pearson, I have a "spare" X-18 hull and deck here, and DON'T EVER THINK that I have not considered doing the Santa Claus, Pink Flamingo, candy stripe thing and the scoops.

This is usually a late night thought, thank God, and has little energy or support in the am. :D

But, I have not forgotten that post from a few years back... http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/outtahere.gif

I would mount that thing on the deck. Right where the fuel filler goes(Crazy Glue should do it). Then I would get 6" PVC pipe with 90 degree elbows and run them from the under side of the scoop, Down under the deck, Then up through the floor, then back down under the floor behind the front seats, Into the motor compartment, then back up through the deck where the front (stock) vents would mount, Then I would shoot the PVC stright up 10 feet and put some COOL tractor trailer exhaust flappers on the ends (This will keep the water out). Then I would paint the stacks like Candy Cains and wear a ski mask and a Santa Clause outfit with boxer shorts and one of those cat in the hat hats. Then I would put one of those Crash Test Dummies next to me in the seat and dress him up like Bozo the Clown with a a Dolly Parton wig. In the back seat I would chain an Ostrich in and feed him Captin Crunch, But instead of Milk in the bowl I would put BEER and crushed up Tums. The Ostrich would be dyed pink (This way people would think he was a big drunk Flimingo) I would also put one of those fake pile of dog crap (You know...the rubber one that everyone had when they where a kid)and Screw it down where the Bow light would be. This way it would light up and looked like a Nucular pile of Crap when I turned the Lights on. I would also add a dish that I could fill with jelly beans next to the shifter. I would then make all the gauges out of silly puddy with news paper cartoons on them. Then I would rip the carpet out and redo it with the FUN FUR ( you know... that stuff that everyone glued to the dash board of the old vans). I would also bolt bird feeders on the transom(this way I would always have company following me). Then I would plant beans in the center storage compartment so I would be able to make bean soup when I get hungry. Then I would Pin stripe the living crap out of my boat with crazy string and drive around all day making funny fart faces.

My 2 Cents!

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2246&highlight=candy+stripe

mattyboy
03-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Nice boat yeah , but it's place among the legendary boats of thunderboat row is a little iffy if ya know what I mean ;)

wonder what the sport deck crowd has to say on this one :rolleyes: :tongue:

boxy
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Lenny... that was hilarious 4 years ago, it's hilarious now ..... :D

Rootsy
03-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Lenny... that was hilarious 4 years ago, it's hilarious now ..... :D

still brings tears to my eyes... every time i read it... holy wha...

Dr. Dan
03-11-2005, 09:30 AM
:puke: By far the Best Awakening of the Horses...Ever. So many crazy memories from that weekend....Pearson, Lizard squaring off with Bryan Tuvell, Heather playin Quarters while Geo Baby sat Hailey. The above pic of Pearsons Truck....is representative of Serious Fluid Consumption.

Obviously, most of us were never invited back.....and some of us are still in Therapy to mend the scars. God Bless America...and those that dare to make the Long Haul.

Come On Spring!

Doc :cool:

boldts
03-11-2005, 12:43 PM
How do I put this so as to not affend anyone here. Maybe I'll just delete the post in a day or so. I'm failing to see how making fun of Ragazza owners is funny! The boat says DONZI on the decal doesn't it? It's not a Bayliner, Sea Ray or other run of the mill boat.

As for Legendary, you guys act like if it's not a 60's somthing Classic, it doesn't belong in the Registry? What if the ZR had never been introduced? Would we be able to brag about Donzi's racing heritage? What if the ZX had never been built, do you honestly think a family of 5 or 6 would enjoy a Classic? What about all the Donzi owning fishermen? Do they not belong here on the Registry because their not fishing out of a Classic?

I'm sorry guys. I just think this is in poor taste. Everyone who owns a Donzi is a very lucky person in my book. Take that from someone who had one and lost it. Not your fault. Just a part of life in some cases.

Instead of pushing good people away from the Registry, we should be welcoming them and helping them in any way we can. Donzi owners are family! You don't have to like every member of the family, but shouldn't that be discussed in your own confines?

I personally would love to have any Donzi again! One day I will for sure. Once you meet other Donzi owners and catch the Mystique, it's in ya for life. You may not like me now that I've said this. That's your choice. I hope that won't be the case. Take care all and be thankful for the Donzis you have!

Last Tango
03-11-2005, 01:30 PM
Scott,
I only see one small problem in your design. The wooden Donzi shift balls would be replaced by your own balls when your wife finds out you are investing her IRA in this project.

gcarter
03-11-2005, 02:53 PM
How about some metal flake and flames. :party:

Scott Pearson
03-12-2005, 07:13 AM
Scott Boldt and everyone on the Registry. For those of you who know me and the crazy posts I come up with it isnt ment to offend anyone. Just having a little fun. I did make fun of a "Classic" as seen in Lenny's post....Man, he never forgets anything :smile: Its just some weird humor. And for the record....I looked at a Ragazza last summer. I kinda like them.....And I'm a diehard old school Classic owner.Ok Lenny...better save this post I'm sure it will help in the future in getting my chops broke.

Nuff Said

Scott
LGDCC

Lenny
03-12-2005, 09:51 AM
And for the record....I looked at a Ragazza last summer. I kinda like them.....

...noted and catologued Scott :D

I will save that for a rainy day next winter. See you in Lake George :)

boldts
03-13-2005, 08:20 AM
Sorry Guys! I tend to wear my heart on the sleeve maybe more than I should. I've met you all and understand your humor. Only point I wanted to make was this is an open forum and most new members and maybe some of the older members here haven't had the chance to meet you. I remember the first AOTH. Because of a post here, 2 attendees didn't particularly like each other. After finally meeting one another, life was good, but the only thing they had as a first impression was a post from the Registry.

I'll be happy to remove my post if you like. Scott, show us some more of your fantastic craftsmanship. Your 18 Classic and other projects have been the inspiration for many of the projects other owners are doing. Your a master with paint and I hope should I need your help in any restoration project I might tackle in the future, I could count on your input to make it happen. Including how to replace a fuel tank. :)

mattyboy
03-13-2005, 08:48 AM
no need to Scott, i respect someone who not only wears his heart on his sleve but has the guts to stand up for his beliefs and for others,
yes we were poking alittle fun much like the florida northern thingy or the zx classic thingy the salt fresh water thingy yes we are a family, like brothers picking on each other that's ok but if someone outside the family starts they're in for a world of hurt.
I hope that onesub and the other regazza owners know it is just friendly chop busting, i think anyone who takes the time to improve their donzi is ok in my book evn if it is a Donzi more geared to family :):):)
I'll try and use more smileys so You know I kidding or joking cause I hardly ever take anything serious

Rootsy
03-13-2005, 09:44 AM
no need to Scott, i respect someone who not only wears his heart on his sleve but has the guts to stand up for his beliefs and for others,
yes we were poking alittle fun much like the florida northern thingy or the zx classic thingy the salt fresh water thingy yes we are a family, like brothers picking on each other that's ok but if someone outside the family starts they're in for a world of hurt.
I hope that onesub and the other regazza owners know it is just friendly chop busting, i think anyone who takes the time to improve their donzi is ok in my book evn if it is a Donzi more geared to family :):):)
I'll try and use more smileys so You know I kidding or joking cause I hardly ever take anything serious

That's it matty... off to Ragazza and Janitorial Supplies sensativity training with you... :D

Fish boy
03-13-2005, 09:59 AM

hey.... don't forget the Tampa Bay lightning/whatever team you liked thing;) :rlol: :jestera:

Mr X
03-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Just leave my Medallion.............and my Bayliner out of this!

onesubdrvr
03-13-2005, 11:42 AM

Honestly, at first, I was not offended at all, (I enjoy a good laugh with the rest of them, even at my expense), hey, don't dish out what you can't take kind of thing.

After reading the original post several times, I guess I did start to WONDER if it was a joke or a "hey step brother, get the hell out of my house" kind of post.

Besides, I myself have jokingly talked about a surface drive on the Rag, will never happen, but I did make the joke during my original 350 build post.

ANYWAY, no offense taken, but Scott, thank-you for bringing up a good point, we are all like family - The people in my family that I don't like, I just don't talk to (which includes my Grandparents believe it or not).

And hey, I'd think about putting my Ragazza up against a 16 classic,.....with the 4.3l option, and 4 people my size on board,.....and a tail wind.

ALLWAYS LAUGHING, EVEN AT MYSELF :D
Wayen

Big Pimpin
03-13-2005, 01:28 PM
just to be clear, I don't want anyone steppin to my coveted slowest Donzi title!!!! MINE!!! ALL MINE!!!!!:biggrin.:

mattyboy
03-14-2005, 08:25 AM
hey.... don't forget the Tampa Bay lightning/whatever team you liked thing;) :rlol: :jestera:

Fish who could forget the team that singlehandedly killed hockey :rlol:

Cigss I wouldn't doubt you have medalion in your closet some where I mean you have almost every other type of Donzi did they make an X-medalion?? ;) :)

Wayne now stop posting and get the boat running !!! Dora is close, :) :) I on the other hand can sit by the PC and BS and Dock race my season is a month and a half away I stopped by yesterday and there was a snowmobile in my slip!!!
seriously with a 350 your boat should move along pretty good and with it's size should ride nicely ,alot more comfortable than my 16 I bet
and I admire you guys that can build up an engine and tweak it I'm not a good wrench guy I can do little things here and there
and remember I'm a chop buster and wise guy so if I'm not breaking your chops that's when to worry :)
plus you have to realize I'm not a big fan of yellow or windshields now if you paint it red and pull the windshield off well that's a horse of a diferent color :) :)

onesubdrvr
07-28-2005, 07:35 PM
plus you have to realize I'm not a big fan of yellow or windshields now if you paint it red and pull the windshield off well that's a horse of a diferent color :) :)

Hmmmmmmm,..... let's see, where's that sawzall?? :biggrin:

Wayne :)

ChromeGorilla
07-28-2005, 08:20 PM
this thread reminds me of the Geico commercial with the cavemen.

"It's so easy, a caveman can do it"
"Not cool!"

"Thats so condensending"

LMAO

SilverBack
07-13-2006, 01:08 PM
:) Hey.....I am pissed!!!!!!

I have a 152 jet boat and a 23 Ragazza and you guys are telling me that I still don't have a REAL Donzi????

What gives??:bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

I told you guys that I should have bought the Z29!!!!

By the way is that a sub???:propeller :propeller

Anyway just tell me what a REAL Donzi is so I can get one. I love my fake Donzi's. I can't wait to get a real one. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Just kidding of course:) :) :)

I noticed most of you guys that got in trouble on this post are the ones that always are helping out!!! Thanks (Keepers of the REAL Donzi)

Donzigo
07-15-2006, 12:51 AM
During the Genth years of 1986 to 1990 or so, Dick wanted to get in the "Wellcraft/Chris Craft/Bayliner/whatever volume business" and so he made the Regazzas to enter that market. it was supposed to be more of a boat that the family could afford. Hence, it was a little bit of a departure from the previous Donsi performance heritage. End of story.

Like all boat builders who want to make sure they are invloved with various waves of consumer demand, Donzi made Regazzas, Jet boats, and Deckboats at one time. Heck, truth be known, there were probably many things on the drawing boards along the way, that they didn't make. What about the Donzi Bass Boat, Donzi Houseboat, and the Donzi Wave Runner.............wouldn't be surprised.

Yes, they are all Donzis.