PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Causes Baldness!!

Scubado
03-08-2005, 11:42 AM
I was going through some of Dad's old slides this weekend. I found some from the late 60's when his boat was new. I realized that he had hair then!

Could the Donzi be the cause of his baldness? We've alwaysed teased about our "Donzi Do's". That's the distinctive hairstyle that can only be obtained in a Donzi going 50+ mph.

I was wondering if anyone else had any stories or pictures of their "Donzi Do's" or evidence that their Donzi might be the cause of their baldness. :)

Scubado
03-08-2005, 11:49 AM
The first picture above is the "after" photo of course (you can tell by the glare on top of Dad's head). I've attached one more "before" photo. My brother was at the helm in 1967 he was 1 year old. Mom was in early pregnancy with me at the time :)

Ed Donnelly
03-08-2005, 12:38 PM
I think you may be on to something here.
Over the last 40 plus years, I have owned 2 boats.
Both Donzi's. My 8 yr. old daughter was going through old photo albums
and wanted to know who the person was with the LONG ponytail(circa1972)
When I explained it was me, she stated I should grow my hair back on my head, as it made me look younger. Did my Donzi's cause it??????..Ed

MOP
03-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Damn you are onto something, My widows peaks have gooten much more pronounced over the past few years! Could not have anything to do with anthing other then WIND! Wind did I say wind yup that has also increased :biggrin.:

Sam
03-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Your Dad ROCKS !!!!!!!!!! :rlol:

Sam

gcarter
03-08-2005, 08:08 PM
I don't know.........
I started losing mine DECADES before I bought a Donzi.
Maybe it was too many wives!

:wavey:

Ed Donnelly
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
GC Its not the number of wives.On number 4 now and none of them made me grow any hair back.. Has to be the Donzi's........Ed

mattyboy
03-08-2005, 08:51 PM
NICE BARRELLBACK!!!!

bald and donzi beautiful ;)

ChromeGorilla
03-08-2005, 09:09 PM
or evidence that their Donzi might be the cause of their baldness.

insert picture of Dr. Dan here------>

:biggrin:

gcarter
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
insert picture of Dr. Dan here------>

:biggrin:
Not the Donzi,...........I say it's keeping the Lizard happy!!!!!

:)

Lenny
03-09-2005, 01:56 AM
Scubys' Dads' boat always makes me drool...

One owner I believe and a fresh water Washington boat.

Drooling... http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/odie.gif

Scubado
03-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I wonder if having a windshield or not plays a role with this hair loss theory??? :)

Lenny, Dad should have his boat at Chelan in June. He's had the motor rebuilt and now only has to figure out what exhaust is going to work for the Ford motor. There isn't a center riser set up that will fit with only 12" of clearance and we think the log system is too restrictive. It's proving to be quite a challlenge.

thriller
03-10-2005, 01:01 AM
I can't wait to show my bald head at Chelan..LOL

Mike Miller

gero1
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
nothing but the drive in the water, now thats boating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RvR
03-14-2005, 06:17 AM
From the NHI (New Hair Institute)

“The major male sex hormone is called testosterone. Testosterone and other related hormones that have masculinizing effects are made primarily in the testicles, therefore, the hormonal levels that are seen in adults do not reached significant levels until the testicles develop and enlarge during puberty. In fact, these same hormones are the cause of many of the changes that occur in puberty; change in the voice, growth of the beard and mustache, development of an adult aroma in the sweat, change in the muscular development, change in the basic body shape and desire to own a Donzi.

These same hormones that cause acne and beard growth can also signal the beginning of baldness. The presence of androgens; testosterone, and its related hormone DHT, cause some follicles to regress and die.”

So this may be the classic chicken or egg problem. Men with big nads tend generate lots of Testosterone and therefore yearn for a Donzis but also tend to suffer baldness.

fasttrucker
03-14-2005, 01:25 PM
Ive heard the faster you drive the donzi,the bigger your...well you know...gets! :shades:

ChromeGorilla
03-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Ive heard the faster you drive the donzi,the bigger your...well you know...gets! :shades:

Fuel bill? :bonk:

fasttrucker
03-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Iam not sure,you will have to ask my wife! :embarasse