PDA

View Full Version : ICW Jaunt.........

ChromeGorilla
03-07-2005, 05:05 PM
So today me and the boys in the shop decided it was way to nice to be at work so we decided to run the boats today down the ICW to work on our sunburns. We left from St. Marys GA and went down to the "Landing" in downtown Jax. Had a nice lunch at Hooters and ran back. About 115 miles round trip.

1.Johns 288 at the St Marys ramp
2.Leaving St. Marys river
3.Johns boat load
4.Passin Amelia Island
5.Cruisin down the St. Johns river
6.The crew at Hooters. The neon "OPEN" sign in the background is the door to Vito's(AngelAid lunch stop)
7.Boats dockside at the Jacksonville Landing
8.Underway after lunch
9.Right half of the Landing. This is where the lunch stop will be during the AngelAid poker run.
10. Leaving downtown in front of the Adams Mark Hotel.
11. Bout to do some passin!

Dr. Dan
03-07-2005, 06:33 PM
:beer: Wow...what a great day....wish I could play hooky like that!

Looked like fun!

Doc :spongebob

ChromeGorilla
03-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Here is another picture of our waitress. I know its hard but try to mentaly block out Tom fugly head. :bonk:

DONZI
03-08-2005, 05:46 PM
What a great day off ! Those day's seem so far away for us, up in the frozen North. Thanx for sharing pics..It always great to see boating playgrounds.

Cuda
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
The heck with the waitress, where's that hot wife of yours??? :D

Cuda
03-08-2005, 06:09 PM
Oh, and who is defending our country while you're out playing??? :wink:

ChromeGorilla
03-08-2005, 06:31 PM
With my job it's feast or famine. I have a pretty specialized job right now. Talk to me tommorrow. going to work a 3PM and we work the job till done. Around 15 hrs. but it needs to be done. It's really a pain in the azz too. Replacing a hunk of steel that weighs about 6000 lbs that looks like a soup can the size of a refridge. In the confined spaces of a submarine. Worst part or the job is crawling in the bilge to break the bolts loose on the bottom of it. bolt heads are 2" and torqued to over 600 ft/lbs. The problem is no way to put any azz into it. All done by hand, laying down and wrapped around pipes. The we chainfall the bastage best we can onto a rickity ole POS. But we dont get worl like this too often.