PDA

View Full Version : Very bad state of mind! PLEASE PRAY

MOP
03-07-2005, 01:44 AM
I have not been able to post the past few days, Bonnies son Michael is extremely ill. He may not make it, he has a systemic virus that is spreading extremely fast, to fast to be flown home. The next 8-12 hours will tell, they are talking about possibly cutting his leg off it is so bad.

Please say a prayer he is really a good kid just starting to make a good life with his new baby!

Damn it all life really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOP

Dr. Dan
03-07-2005, 04:23 AM
We will keep ya all in our thoughts and Prayers...

Best of Luck Hope it all works out...

Doc :smash:

gcarter
03-07-2005, 04:39 AM
Phil, Elaine and I will pray for Michael.

catch 22
03-07-2005, 04:56 AM
Michael is in our thoughts and prayers. :bighug:

BUIZILLA
03-07-2005, 06:18 AM
We're there for you Phil, hang tight.

Jim & Janice

boxy
03-07-2005, 07:07 AM
Our prayers are with you and your family Phil.
Take care
Steve and Lou

pmreed
03-07-2005, 07:15 AM
Done!!
We're all in your family's corner, Phil. :(

Another Phil

MOP
03-07-2005, 09:07 AM
Bonnie & Michaels wife stayed at the hospital last night, they were allowed to sleep in his room. It killed me but I could not stay I had a meeting I could not change this morning. Bonnie called me just a few minutes ago, his temp has come down to 102 and some of the yellow skin color has has lightened. The doctor still will not give a prognosis says to early. The people here have come to our/my rescue giving us their cells to keep close touch and making sure we have any thing we need, the Costa Rican people are great with big hearts. I am typing while crying as Michael is like my own son, I guess we are all struck with the fear of losing him. I will try to post later, have a very busy morning to clear away and then get back to the hospital.

Phil

Last Tango
03-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Phil,
Everyone here is pulling and praying that Michael makes a full recovery. You have the support and best wishes from all of us. Keep us up to date. We share your deep concern.

txtaz
03-07-2005, 02:00 PM
Phil, Jennifer and I are very sad to hear of Michaels condition. You and your family are in our prayers. We hope everything comes out well. Please keep all of us (Donzi family) posted on progress.
Wes

harbormaster
03-07-2005, 03:21 PM
You guys hang in there Phil.

I put in a few words for Mike with the BIG GUY.

Fish boy
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
We are with you Phil, prayers for Michael on the way. Hang in there, and if we can do anything, please let us know.

fish

rustnrot
03-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Phil, here is wishing all comes out well from me.

Doug G
03-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Doug & Jerry

MrsDigger
03-07-2005, 07:04 PM
We'll be praying for Michael's recovery, and for strength for you and Bonnie.

MOP
03-07-2005, 11:36 PM
Thanks so very much from all of us, things are a little brighter. Temp is getting closer to normal and color is pretty good except for his leg pretty ugly. The infection has slowed in upper body and kidneys are working better, he is having a hard time off and on with breathing scarded the hell out of us a few times today Doc gave him meds and that is improving. I told the people I had my meetings with of what was going on and tomorrow they are coming to meet us at the hospital so we can stay close by. Try that state side, the doctors nurses family and business people that we know are blowing us away with everything and anything. I have to hit the rack have been up since 6 and just plain beat. Thanks again, I will print the post and bring it to Bonnie in the AM.

Phil

Walt. H.
03-08-2005, 01:50 AM
Phil,

I haven't been around here for a while and by chance I dropped in to check whats been happening since i've been gone, i'm blown away by what i've read and feel terribly lost for words. My thoughts and prayers mirror what everyone else before me have said!!, and say hello to Bonnie for me.

Give me a call when you get back state side to Long Island.

Praying for the best and a speedy full recovery,

Walt

Donzi Jenn
03-08-2005, 08:59 AM
MOP,

Randy and I will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

DJ

McGary911
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Phil,

I just got back from a quick vaca, only to find this. I hope Michael continues his recovery, and wish you all continued strength as you deal with this messed up situation. Good luck!

John McGary

MOP
03-08-2005, 07:03 PM
A great change since last night, they finally figured out that the Costa Rican version of the Brown Recluse spider had bitten him. The toxoligist then added a small amount of steroids into his med cocktail, he felt it would push the meds harder and it did. It was almost like a mirical, his regular doctor was surprised at how well it worked. We are finally breathing easy smiles and are replacing our tears! Now he has to fight with his insurance company (MDNY), they are giving him a hard time saying they will not give him coverage in CR. That will be his next battle. Thanks from all of us your thoughts did a lot to help pump us up.

Phil

gcarter
03-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Phil, this is the kind of report we expected!

onesubdrvr
03-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Phil,

Soooooo glad to hear that all is looking up, I hope everyone rests a little easier tonight.

Wayne
ps, those Recluse spiders are VERY nasty, cause alot of problems down here as well.

Fish boy
03-09-2005, 05:54 AM
A great chane since last night, they finally figured out that the Costa Rican version of the Brown Recluse spider had bitten him. The toxoligist then added a small amount of steroids into his med cocktail, he felt it would push the meds harder and it did. It was almost like a mirical, his regular doctor was surprised at how well it worked. We are finally breathing easy smiles and are replacing our tears! Now he has to fight with his insurance company (MDNY), they are giving him a hard time saying they will not give him coverage in CR. That will be his next battle. Thanks from all of us your thoughts did a lot to help pump us up.

Phil

Hey Phil,
it is such a releif to read that he is doing better. I know how tough it must have been to watch, wait, and hope but I am truly happy that things have changed so much for the better. Good luck with the insurance company.

fish

Forrest
03-09-2005, 11:01 AM
. . . Now he has to fight with his insurance company (MDNY), they are giving him a hard time saying they will not give him coverage in CR. That will be his next battle. Thanks from all of us your thoughts did a lot to help pump us up.

Phil
Bummer Phil, but unfortunatly most all health insurance companys and HMO's will only cover a visit to the ER in a foreign country. Hopefully, medical treatment in CR cost much less than in the US. On a side note, it's always a good idea for anyone whos going outside of the US or Canada to pick up travel medical insurance. It fairly cheap.

. . . but the best thing is to hear is that Michael is on his way to recovery!

MOP
03-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Most all is looking much better, the thing with the insurance was a screw up at the hospital. They will pay all but the deductable caviate was he had to be admitted through the emergency room which he was. His condition though greatly improved will require attention for a very long time. There is no anti venom for the Recluse spider, the anti biotics have arrested it but it will be a long time before it really clears his system. The insurance company rep said that the venom eats the tissue and can go sour very fast and must be monitored for possibly as long as a year, any sign of discoloration of the original bite area he must get immediate treatment. These Recluse spiders kill more people than snakes down here, even in the states they are considered extremely bad. The trade mark of their bite is a freezing cold sensation quite the opposite of most any other insect bites, most of which cause anything from a bad itch to a hot burning sensation. The bite has two tiny fang holes and in Michaels case they were stuck in him. So if any of you or you children report a freezing sensation from a bite get them help as soon as possible. The doc fessed and said it was but a few hours and Michael would have died, this is super serious **** and not over yet!

Phil

harbormaster
03-10-2005, 06:13 AM
About 6 years ago I was in the hospital for 2 weeks from a brown recluse bite.
It was really bad!!

MOP
03-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Update, Michael was taken off intravenous and put on oral meds. He was released late Saturday, the hospital gave him all records and a firm talk about checking into an infectious decease center state side upon his return for fresh blood sampling and monitoring. He looks pretty decent, normal color is back but his liver is still very much enlarged and needs to be watched, the doctors say he needs monitoring for several months until his system shows he is clear of toxins. I will try to dive him around as much as possible to his job sites so his guys can keep making $$$. I hope I do not have to add to this post down the road! Thanks again to all for your kind words and support.

Phil / MOP

MrsDigger
03-13-2005, 03:25 PM
That's awesome! Glad to hear he is on the mend. I'll be sure to let Digger know--I know he will be relieved.

Darcy

Jerry Eisele
03-13-2005, 04:11 PM
That's great news!! Have a safe trip back to the states.