PDA

View Full Version : The price I pay

ChromeGorilla
03-06-2005, 06:54 PM
Oh the things I put up with. Today while washing the car, truck and boat, then waxing boat I got a pretty good sunburn. My wife finds it amusing to tap my forehead. :kaioken: She dont stop we gonna have a domestic up in here! Ya hurd!?!?!? :uzi:

boxy
03-07-2005, 07:04 AM
Is there a smilie for dinks.... :D
Here's what my day looks like..

5:30 AM EST MONDAY 7 MARCH 2005

HEAVY SNOWFALL WARNING FOR
OTTAWA SOUTH - RICHMOND - METCALFE CONTINUED

STRONG ALBERTA CLIPPER BRINGING 15 TO 25 CENTIMETRES OF SNOW TODAY
AND THIS EVENING.

THIS IS A WARNING THAT HEAVY SNOW IS IMMINENT OR OCCURRING IN THESE
REGIONS. MONITOR WEATHER CONDITIONS..LISTEN FOR UPDATED STATEMENTS.

A STRONG ALBERTA CLIPPER NOW OVER LAKE MICHIGAN WILL TRACK SOUTHEAST OVER SOUTHERN ONTARIO TODAY. SNOW AHEAD OF THIS SYSTEM HAS ALREADY REACHED EAST OF GEORGIAN BAY AND WILL SPREAD EAST THIS MORNING. SNOW WILL BECOME HEAVY AT TIMES THIS MORNING AS THE CLIPPER CROSSES THE REGION. THE SNOW MAY MIX BRIEFLY WITH ICE PELLETS AND FREEZING RAIN OVER SOUTHERN PARTS OF THE WARNED REGIONS TODAY.

TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 15 TO 25 CENTIMETRES ARE LIKELY FROM THIS CLIPPER BY THE TIME THE SNOW ENDS THIS EVENING.

TRAVELLING CONDITIONS WILL RAPIDLY DETERIORATE AND BECOME HAZARDOUS TODAY. VISIBILITY MAY BECOME VERY LOW AT TIMES IN HEAVY SNOW.

pmreed
03-07-2005, 07:19 AM
As soon as my second battery is charged, I think I'll pop the boat in my lake to do a little prop testing. Thanks for the heads-up Scott, I'll remember sunscreen!! :cool:

Phil

Hotspare
03-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Yep ..... The Big Chill's Done in these part's

70 deg's today in Big D, no rain forcasted ...... So, I'm pullin her out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just gotta put on a few hoses, install some plugs, Gas her & Gooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :moped:

Last Tango
03-07-2005, 09:22 AM
Sir Chromey,
I can empathize with you today. Out yesterday on the river for several hours. Temp was an annoying 70+ and hardly a breath of air.. well, just enough to put a nice little ripple on the water for airing out the hull. No ragboats until later in the day. My forehead is sunburned as well.
Gotta tell you though, I'm getting bad mixed images of MadPoodles sunburn considering he was bent over the engine compartment. Sort of like an outdoor plumber? Hey, Tidbart! Put YOUR avatar in here!