PDA

View Full Version : Bike Week Warmup

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Our posse gathered at my house this afternoon to go ride.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I wasn't sure if Debbie would be ready to ride herself today, or hop on the back of a bike, so we went to the restaurant down by the river. It's only maybe a mile away, so I could see how she was doing on the bike. She looked comfortable on it and said she felt in control.

At the Shady Oaks.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:31 PM
We rode from there on the backroads up past Deleon Springs to Hwy 40, and over to Astor. We were going to eat at Blair's Jungle Den, but when we got there, we found it had been damaged by the hurricanes, and was closed :bawling: .

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:33 PM
A lady was walking around with the biggest damn dog I ever saw. She said he weighed 205 pounds. :eek:

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:35 PM
We left there and went across the river to the Blackwater Inn instead. It was beautiful there.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:36 PM
From there, six of our group split off and headed back to Ormond Beach where they were staying.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:37 PM
We headed west out of Astor, then turned south. We stopped at the spring run for Alexander Springs.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:39 PM
When we walked back to the bikes, we saw Joyce had a flat front tire. We sent Brad back to Astor to pick up some Fix a Flat. At least if you had to be broke down, we were at a nice spot to sit. He was gone maybe 15 minutes, we pumped up the tire and headed back out.

Cuda
03-04-2005, 07:41 PM
We stopped in Paisley to get a soda. I had been leading, but I don't have a speedo, so I wanted someone with a speedo to lead. Debbie said she'd take the lead. She had been riding absolutely fantastic, considering she had maybe 10 miles seat time before today, so she took the lead. I couldn't keep up! I just can't say how impressed I was today with her riding. She's a natural. :biggrin:

Footloose
03-07-2005, 02:59 PM
way to go Cuda- you got me re-energized regarding the bike...buddy prchased a very long (10-feet) borgets chopper with a rear 300 tire...another recently invested in a bigdog. Neither of them rides much so I put new rubber on my old sportbike, changed the oil and plugs, dusted her off and we took a 150 mile ride up A1A this weekend - perfect weather. NICE!

Cuda
03-07-2005, 03:54 PM
way to go Cuda- you got me re-energized regarding the bike...buddy prchased a very long (10-feet) borgets chopper with a rear 300 tire...another recently invested in a bigdog. Neither of them rides much so I put new rubber on my old sportbike, changed the oil and plugs, dusted her off and we took a 150 mile ride up A1A this weekend - perfect weather. NICE!

I always wondered how rideable those wild bikes are. I had to change out the drag bars on my softail to make it more rideable.

Where in SoFlo are you located?

Cuda
03-07-2005, 03:59 PM
We rode into Daytona Saturday, stopped at the raceway, then headed out US 1 to the Iron Horse area. Tons of bikes there.

Cuda
03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
Nothing like a sweet little Catholic girl in a short skirt on her own hot bike. :wink:

Footloose
03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Wife and I are planning on going up for a day and a half this weekend - of course while changing the oil I noticed my pipe is severly cracked where the header goes from 4:2 and then goes to 1....makes for loudness I dont know if I can handle the racket for 250 miles up and again back. Guess we will put in ear plugs and bear with it (if weather works out).

thank for posting pics!

Cuda
03-08-2005, 06:11 PM
We're hoping to take tomorrow off and ride up to the Cabbage Patch for the world famous coleslaw wrestling chicks tomorrow. :biggrin.: