PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Wax

FISHIN SUCKS
03-04-2005, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know or have a preference/opinion on this Aurora Bottom Wax? I keep getting emails from this Aurora Marine Club and don't know what to think. They say 2 coats does the trick for a season.

Lenny
03-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I get mail from the Aurora club as well evry other day. Don't know where that came from? :(

As for bottom wax, Al Eagles was the resident expert on that :D

gero1
03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
the feb issue of hot boat, page 127, for speed: do not wax, use a strong cleaner to remove all wax and then wet sand with 400-600 going from front to back not side to side(you were right mr.r.t.s.e) if your waxing for ease of cleaning, nothing i have used lasts all summer so i went for something that is easy to put on and take off and leaves a great shine, eagle1 wet look. after takeing it off i squirt it down with cold water and dry it off. heard this helped to seal the wax????? can i have a beer now, this took 15 min to type!!!

FISHIN SUCKS
03-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Barbi and I have your beer right here, Robert! So did you do the bottom treatment before you whipped the Baja or after? Did you sand by hand or did you use a palm sander? If you are coming to the AOTH this year on Lake Cumberland, We'll let you do ours!