PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Steering wheel ? Telescoping ?

YELLOW7
03-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Still working on getting my first Donzi and what I noticed that was different about the Donzi's is the the way the steering wheel is located compaired to other brands. It seems that the Donzi's are made more towards drivers who want to sit down and not stand up. When you stand up you cant lean back on the seat like you can in other brands.....you kinda have to stand straight up and about 6 inches or more away from the seat....is this just the boats I was looking at or is this normal ? (it was a 2000 28zx & 2005 38ZX).

The reason for this question is because it seems like if it had a tilt steering wheel that would probably solve the problem....or a possible telescoping steering wheel. Anyways do you guys have this same setup or feel the same way ?

undertaker
03-03-2005, 10:26 PM
When I had my 2000 28ZX I did not stand up in the bolsters I am to tall and its felt awkward :smash: ran the boat in the seated position and did not have a tilt wheel and it really was not a issue. :biggrin: In my 2002 33ZX I stand up always its a bigger boat and I feel better when I stand up. They do offer a tilt wheel in the newer 28ZX's I think 2003 and newer so you could put a tilt wheel on a 2000 28ZX without any issues. Good luck.

Undertaker (who still has a 2002 33ZX for sale at a GREAT price) :uzi: