PDA

View Full Version : New to Board

LanceAction
03-03-2005, 07:38 AM
Hello.

This is my first post and I wanted to take a moment to ask for some education on this group of owners and this site and also to see where the best places are to get together.

I appreciate any and all help. Looking forward to a lasting relationship.

onesubdrvr
03-03-2005, 08:18 AM
Hello.

This is my first post and I wanted to take a moment to ask for some education on this group of owners and this site and also to see where the best places are to get together.

I appreciate any and all help. Looking forward to a lasting relationship.

Mr Action,

I see you stated that you are in Florida,....
Where would be helpful (lol), Florida is a big flat state

There are a bunch of get-to-gethers coming up (see SeaDogs Calender of events) under the Events and Gathering section. 1 in a couple of weeks (15 days), in Mt. Dora (near Leesburg).

Also, what kind of education are you looking for?

Wayne

Donzigo
03-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Mr. Action, where are you?

Education -------------- Oh yeah, you'll get an education hanging around this group, all right. I've been here for years and my IQ hasn't budged, mostly because I have read everything Madpoodle has posted...........twice. .

Yes, you have arrived at the "Donzi Ward" of the asylum.

Do you have any bad habits?

Might as well tell us now,and save us the time.

Welcome!

mattyboy
03-03-2005, 11:15 AM
well in order to learn about us we need to learn about you

what are your feelings on

foam
synthetic oil
windshields
fords
volvos
miatas
:tongue:

I pretty much think if you search the boards you'll find out all you need to know about us

so let's hear about you

Donzigo
03-03-2005, 11:46 AM
LOL..............Mattyboy, you are so right. Might as well open up pandora's box for the new guys to get in the hunt with the rest of the howling dogs.

Foam
Synthetic oil
Windsheilds

There's got to be more..............like pictures of naked women on the board...........there's got to be other stuff.

Lenny
03-03-2005, 12:02 PM
...and you wouldn't want to leave out...

gas tanks
trailers
chopper guns
paint or gel
hood scoops
cam profiles
salt or fresh
blackhawk drive placement
drive showers

etc :D

LanceAction
03-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Nice to see so many replies. I appreciate that!

I am in Orlando, FL presently although I do a tremendous amount of traveling.

As far as my feelings on the above mentioned items, I have to say that I don't know too much on the technical/engineering side about the toys I buy - I simply buy them and enjoy them. If anything goes wrong I simply send it to my people and they fix it. So it went with my Audi Quattro, my 911, my 16 Classic, and my Cessna.

I will have to keep my feelings regarding Miatas to myself since that kind of language may be a little too much too early.

I will get on and check out the Events section. Look forward to meeting you.

Thanks again.

Tidbart
03-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Lance
Welcome to the board.
There are several owners around the Orlando area and we have about a 1/2 dozen planned gatherings a year within reasonable driving distance. We also have several spurr of the moment gatherings all around.

What boat do you have? (Sorry, just saw the 16 Classic) Great that means it is easily trailerable.

Mt Dora in a couple of weeks would be a great start to meeting some of the Seadogs. See the Events and Gatherings section for more info.

If you are up for a beer sometime, email me. We can introduce ourselves in person.

Bob

Tony
03-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Don't forget:

Cobalts
Unlimited 17's & 19's
Bud vs. Labatts
shaken, stirred, or weedwacker blended!

ChromeGorilla
03-03-2005, 04:11 PM
Lance, come to mount Dora. I have an empty bench in the boat that you are more than welcome to plant your butt in. I was in your position last year round this time. I didnt have a boat and just found this site. Everyone here invited me to Dora to check out their boats and offered to let me tag along. Unfortunately I couldn't make it but I wish I had. If you decided to go let us know and we'll work out where to meet up. Scott Varsanyi

roadtrip se
03-03-2005, 04:18 PM
A couple of others to add to the favorite topics list...

-Hydromotves vs. Mirages vs. Turbo props
-Bimini or no stinkin' Biminis
-Marathon vs Carlisle tires
-Aluminum vs Painted Steel trailers
-Torsion vs sprung axles
-Anything about Criterions, Corsicans, x-18s, ElPescadors, or Blackhawks

Bring up any of these on a slow day and watch'em pile on.

Welcome to the board.

Todd

Last Tango
03-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Geez, with all these reply's to LA I can't BELIEVE nobody mentioned he needs to weigh in quickly on the subject of BIMINI's. (okay R/T, you beat me logging in while I was composing).
In my Semi-Official Billet-Doux as Supreme SEADOG (often just referred to as "The SOB in the red 18"), I welcome you to this wonderful and wacky board and invite you to meet us in Mt. Dora on the dock in front of the Lakeside Inn. We'll be there all weekend. Just so you know how to recognize us, MadPoodle REALLY DOES have hair (what's left) just like his avatar, and I am a dead ringer for Mr. Bibendum.

Formula Jr
03-03-2005, 06:20 PM
Ummm.
Post Chrisholm Donzis and.........

Popcorn. :biggrin: