PDA

View Full Version : Did any of you Floridan's ever take this trip?

Lenny
03-02-2005, 04:56 PM
http://www.yucatanexpress.com/ship.html

I am looking for some "new", wierd getaway and this came to mind. Looks like it "was" fun. I am not sure if it is still in operation. Just looking for now.

gcarter
03-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Lenny, there are probably dozens of cruises that go to the Western Carribean from Ft Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, Miami, New Orleans, Galveston, etc. They usually represent a good value.

Fish boy
03-03-2005, 04:57 AM
hey lenny,
I have not been on that one but george is right there are a lot of cruises that leave from both coasts. Since the bahamas are only 45 miles from ft. lauderdale (bimini) there are some neat cruises (form many ports on the east coast) that arrive pretty quickly in the bahamas and let you enjoy the scenery more and spend less time on the boat.

If you are looking to head out of tampa, there is a brand new cruise ship that has casionos, shopping restaurants...etc it is huge. THis ship was launched less than a year ago, and I have heard some pretty goos things about it.

One thing to keep in mind is that a cruise is only as fun as the fun you can find onboard, until you get where you are going. Also, there are a few ships lately that have really been whacked by viruses. recently a couple hundred people got sick and the ship had to come back early. SOmething with the food. Anyway, people had gotten sick before and the cruise line did a crappy job of disenfecting it. If you are going to take a cruise, find out the name of the ship and do a search first to see if it has been in the news.

If there is anything I can do on this end, let me know, I live near some of this stuff.

fish

Donzigo
03-03-2005, 09:42 AM
............what Fishboy said. T

he last, and my last cruise, the seas were rough, they fried tons of chicken on the top deck for a luau and the entire boatload of people got sick and many lost their cookies............swore off cruises for life.........I do know that many people love crusies, too bad I'll never be one of them.

Recently we had a ship of 2,800 people come in early to Tampa, 50% were sick with a virus. Fishboy, Trey disinfected the ship. Said it was a mess.

gcarter
03-03-2005, 10:49 AM
What I find amusing about this is that Elaine and I would love to go on an Alaskan cruise from your neck of the woods, and you're want to cruise out of Florida!!! :rlol:

olredalert
03-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Lenny,

-------Cruises can be cool but do your research. 1st. go on the newest boat you can find. Things are cleaner on a newer boat.............Bill S