PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Owners Rendezvous 2005 "Live The Mystique"

Pages : [1] 2

MikeMiller
03-01-2005, 04:48 PM
I am so far ahead of the game this year that it makes me sick! Just a sign of how great this year's event will be!

Write it in stone, Ladies and Gents!

WHAT: Donzi Owners Rendezvous 2005
WHO: Die-Hard, Fanatical Donzi Owners From All Over The World
WHEN: Friday, Saturday and Sunday, OCTOBER 14, 15 & 16.
WHERE: Hyatt Resort - Sarasota, Florida.
WHY: Because their is a GEOO!
THEME: Live The Mystique

Details on event schedule, costs, activities, and so on will be coming by end of April!

Plan on going north through Tampa Bay and even south to Venice area. The world's water is our playground - let's play!

NO HOLDS BARRED!
MISS IT THIS YEAR AND YOU MUST BE CRAZY... OR DEAD!

SPECIAL PROMOTION:
A painting will be commissioned to commemorate the event. Five prints will be made to be auctioned at the event.

Donzi Owner who submits the best idea for the Commemorative Painting will win the following:

1. The Painting (framed and matted) - painting will be 24x36 or larger.
2. Free room for 2 nights at the Hyatt - waterview room.
3. Prime slip space.
4. Special Name Tag for all to see your genius (hmmmmm)
5. Constant, over the top recognition at all times during the event.

Submit all ideas to: mikemillerx@verizon.net

CAN"T WAIT TO SEE MY FIENDS!!!!
:rlol:

Last Tango
03-01-2005, 05:24 PM
The SEADOGs will be there in full force this year! We CHALLENGE all other Donzi groups to out-do our registration total! Winning group gets a FREE Wild Hog Burger at Porkey's Landing!
(In case I didn't make myself clear, count me in)

ChromeGorilla
03-01-2005, 07:18 PM
1 strawbery daiquiri comin up! :bonk: Dan I cant wait to buy ya one. Mike we can't wait for OCT. You're on the ball for sure! I have sent a couple of ideas for the painting, hope you like them. When will you choose a weiner? :D

Oh, and dibs on the slip I had last year!.... :D

florida gator
03-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Away @ LSU. May finally be able to make one this year :cool:

catch 22
03-01-2005, 09:20 PM
Is it October yet? Where is everybody I got the whole place to myself. We are definitely in. :beer: :hyper:

GEOO
03-02-2005, 12:33 PM
WHY???
I'm in. Can't wait.
Every time I look at the photo's from last years event, I remember the great times we all had, and a smile grows on me. :cartman:
Thanks Mike...

BERTRAM BOY
03-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Well, this is Diana (logged in as Cliff).

We will definitely be there. We just have to figure out is it going to be with or without boat.

Mike - if you need anything - let me know.

Diana

MikeMiller
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Well, this is Diana (logged in as Cliff).

We will definitely be there. We just have to figure out is it going to be with or without boat.

Mike - if you need anything - let me know.

Diana

Thanks Di!! Can't wait to see you all!

As of right now - I only need ideas for the Commemorative painting! When we get closer I will need copious amounts of rum, and when the event starts I will need someone to make sure I don't kill myself!

Oh .... and I need for everyone to come!

MrsDigger
03-02-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks Di!! Can't wait to see you all!

As of right now - I only need ideas for the Commemorative painting! When we get closer I will need copious amounts of rum, and when the event starts I will need someone to make sure I don't kill myself!

Oh .... and I need for everyone to come!

The "Diggers" are IN.

Fish boy
03-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I am definitely in with the HMW!!!! After last year, THERE IS NOOOO WAY I will ever miss a hometown rally again!!

Thnaks again Mikey for such an ilcredible event last year. Nothing that big can come off that smooth without a lot of hard work. Lemme know if I can help.

fish

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM
The TUVELL UPDATE (Thanks for the calls guys, I did not see the thread)
I just spoke with the Hotel directly, the block of rooms is sold out.

But I got in, water view, ground floor.
The rate was fantastic! :) We will be there providing we don't blow up this summer.
Booked the 13th, for 4 nights. I need to talk to Mrs DIGGER because we would like 5 nights vice 4 for this tow, but will only tow as a pair.

MY FIRST OWNERS RALLY, and thanks to the DIGGER's persistance on getting us to go Nancy gave the green light. Everyone says it is the event of the year... I can't wait.

I will be bringing my teenage daughter (Queen B, 16yo) and 11 year old son.

Bryan & Nancy Tuvell
DONZI 33ZX
Z-RATED

ChromeGorilla
03-02-2005, 06:32 PM
I just spoke with the Hotel directly, the block of rooms is sold out.

Already?!?! How many rooms we're blocked off? Whats the story on that?

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Already?!?! How many rooms we're blocked off? Whats the story on that?

There are still rooms, just not at the convention rate.
I booked Govt rate.

Bryan

ChromeGorilla
03-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Convention rate? Do you mean the rate Mike negotiated for our group? I find that hard to believe that this rate is unavailable to us anymore. Some of you might remember last year the hotel had their head up their arse for a little bit concerning rooms available and the rates we were supposed to get. Mike straightened it out though. I guess I'll just wait for Mike to chime in.

MikeMiller
03-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Oh the excitement... and panic.

Never fear Donzi fans!

I have yet to block rooms out for this event. Reservation department won't even know of us yet. There are many, many details that have yet to be smoothed out before I post the rates and schedule. Those of you who have booked a room already are smart, young grasshoppers!

Bryan Tuvell is simply eager and excited - kind of like the 4 year old at the candy factory. Just love him for it. We were all excited our first time, right?

Okay... don't worry, don't fret, don't panic. Have I led you astray yet?

WHAT I NEED ARE IDEAS FOR THE PAINTING!!!! BRING 'EM ON.

Now get back to work and making love!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
03-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Yes there is excitement in the air Mike, especially around this house.
Our entire year is booked up, and hopefully these motors will make yet another year. We are sick of winter!

We are talking painting ideas.
Thanks for setting this all up, we are stoked.
Bryan

Fish boy
03-03-2005, 04:32 AM
WHAT I NEED ARE IDEAS FOR THE PAINTING!!!! BRING 'EM ON.
!

007 coming off a wave.

zr coming off a wave

I cant find the pic of 007, but I know I have it here somewhere. I will put it up as soon as I find it.

smokediver
03-04-2005, 12:54 PM
I am there ... Bringing Cheyenne along ...

Air 22
03-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Crissy and I in ..booked last week. Looks like another convoy is gearing up :biggrin: Air22, Doc, Bverd, Cliff, Brian T, Geo, Digger, and any other northern folk who want to meet 1/2 way here in Raleigh for the DONZI TOWDOWN CONVOY....eveyone make sure you have a CB...makes communicating for stops etc much easier... :smash: :cool:

Mike idea...for painting... the pic of April on front of 22 Classic beached in Sarasota a few years back...oh now that would be sweet!!! :biggrin:

Fish boy
03-07-2005, 08:42 AM
Crissy and I in ..booked last week. Looks like another convoy is gearing up :biggrin: Air22, Doc, Bverd, Cliff, Brian T, Geo, Digger, and any other northern folk who want to meet 1/2 way here in Raleigh for the DONZI TOWDOWN CONVOY....eveyone make sure you have a CB...makes communicating for stops etc much easier... :smash: :cool:

I amy just tow my boat up to north carolina and jump in with you guys just to kick off the weekend early!!! :D

Air 22
03-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I amy just tow my boat up to north carolina and jump in with you guys just to kick off the weekend early!!! :D

CAMP DONZI is always looking for new recruits.... :biggrin: come on up!!! :beer:

Last Tango
03-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Mike,
My favorite picture is the Avatar on page 4 of the avatar section. It is the one with the bow-on shot of the beached Classic with the Donzi model sitting on the bow. She has a red bikini. Now THAT picture is worth painting over an over. And if it had the SEADOGS logo in the upper left-hand corner I'm certain a proper bidding war would ensue.
If you make a poster of it, at the bottom it could say something like "Donzi - nobody does it better." In difference to the "other" Donzi groups around the country, you could put their logo's around the edge of the picture.
It would also make an awesome T-shirt picture (back) with the SEADOG logo on the front pocket.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Air 22
03-07-2005, 10:04 AM
Mike,
My favorite picture is the Avatar on page 4 of the avatar section. It is the one with the bow-on shot of the beached Classic with the Donzi model sitting on the bow. She has a red bikini. Now THAT picture is worth painting over an over. And if it had the SEADOGS logo in the upper left-hand corner I'm certain a proper bidding war would ensue.
If you make a poster of it, at the bottom it could say something like "Donzi - nobody does it better." In difference to the "other" Donzi groups around the country, you could put their logo's around the edge of the picture.
It would also make an awesome T-shirt picture (back) with the SEADOG logo on the front pocket.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Last Tango...The avtar u mention is the one I mentioned a few posts earlier on this thread. Can u post a pic? Thanks.

Air 22
03-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Mike....this is one of the pic's I mentioned...Here we Go... :biggrin: :biggrin:

Donzi..as sweet as it gets!!! :smileybo:

Last Tango
03-07-2005, 11:01 AM
Okay, Mike,

Air22 and I agree on this one. I KNOW there won't be ANYBODY who thinks this one is NOT totally excellent. They ALL want a "hood ornament" like this for their boat. In the collector car world, these special ornaments are called "Mascots." Now who could think of a better mascot for their Donzi. ... Nope, I didn't think so.

MrsDigger
03-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Well, now, guys, it's a nice picture, but why spend so much time and effort for a picture that will be relegated to the "man room" in the house, or the garage? Perhaps something classy and elegant that would be welcome in other areas of the house?

Last Tango
03-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Okay, Mrs Digger. We are TOTALLY open to your suggestion and input, here. Show us that classy Donzi-related art idea that my wife will let me put up ANYWHERE in the house besides my Man Room or the Garage. I'm BEGGING you to help me! Open my wifes' eyes to something we can BOTH enjoy, in public, by displaying it in our home. MY wife is totally NOT into the Donzi and Porsche thing. We have agreed to disagree on several things. These are two of them. A great work of art would be instantly "spoiled" in her mind, by the presence of a Donzi (or Porsche). She may love the picture at first, and even WANT the picture, until I pointed out that the boat tied to the stone quay in front of the ancient European port city buildings, was in-fact a new Donzi (she already can recognize any vintage Porsche).
How about a new 22 Classic tied to the dock at the Portofino Hotel in Orlando, with Porsche 356 behind it, but in front of the faux euro-look buildings?
On another note, I'm hanging on the edge of my seat with Mr. Digger in Iraq. You are doing a great job of keeping us informed and I'm thankful.

gcarter
03-07-2005, 06:29 PM
This is a print of a 1937 Bugatti 57SC that Elaine and I both enjoy, although it is in my office.
But you get the idea.

MrsDigger
03-07-2005, 07:02 PM
I realize I'm a little partial to Freedom, but someone took a beautiful picture of her underneath a waterfall, and I thought that was classy and aesthetically appealing. Or what about something like the "Ghost ship" picture, with an original classic Donzi - help me out here, guys, because I don't know what the first one is--in the background, translucent, or shadowy or ghostlike, with the newer style boat in the forefront. Something that accentuates the history, the sleek lines, and the power. What about something like this, with the new Donzi upright and the reflection the original Donzi? Or something like the Hunt print, only with a bunch of different kinds of Donzis?

Just throwing some ideas around...

gcarter
03-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Darcy, I forgot how seriously Digger takes his Patrick O'Brian!!!!!
I LIKE your ideas.

Scott Heidt
03-17-2005, 03:50 PM
I'll actually have a boat to bring this year! :)

BabyDonzi
03-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Hey Mikey! I like it! You know we're in!

Ideas for the painting, I dont have the pics, but Steve does. He was riding with Chrome Gorilla and took tons of great pics (I'm sure). All of us at Mt. Dora at idle speed through the Dora canal, the 100 year old cypress trees, add a little fog like we saw in the AM, and there you go! Donzis on the prowl! Everyone sees us as go fasts, but to see us all idling along, taking in the beauty of nature, it shows a different side of us!

Team Jefe
04-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Team Jefe will be there....with Jefe's Revenge.......AND the HarborMaster.

So, Mikey - If I book the rooms now, any chance they'll convert them to the "Mike Miller Super Saver" Rate later? ;)

Painting Idea????????
Fish (as usual) is on teh right track, but I think it has to be a Collage.

38ZR launching off a wave, Freedom II cruisin' Winni, Air22 on Dwight's new Big Pimpin' trailer....and maybe a fish boat thrown into the mix?

MrsDigger
04-07-2005, 05:31 PM
Team Jefe will be there....with Jefe's Revenge.......AND the HarborMaster.

So, Mikey - If I book the rooms now, any chance they'll convert them to the "Mike Miller Super Saver" Rate later? ;)

Painting Idea????????
Fish (as usual) is on teh right track, but I think it has to be a Collage.

38ZR launching off a wave, Freedom II cruisin' Winni, Air22 on Dwight's new Big Pimpin' trailer....and maybe a fish boat thrown into the mix?

Awww, Freedom II cruising Winni....*sigh*

A fish boat picture would be really cool, especially if you had one of those big ass fish with the pointy snouts on the end of a hook.....

MikeMiller
05-05-2005, 10:58 PM
Aaaaaahhhh.... here it is May already! Can you smell the sea breeze and feel the warm sun on your face? I know I can, but its been that way for months now!

Anyway, here we go!

Attached are 2 documents: A Registration Form and a Details page in Word. Please email me a filled-out Registration Form and mail with a check as well. Keep the Details page for your records - PLEASE READ THOROUGHLY!!

NOTE: those of you who have already made reservations at the Hyatt should call and transfer your rooms to the Donzi Owners Rendezvous rates!!!!

Good luck! Angie and I can't wait to see all of you!!!

Air 22
05-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Mikey....Crissy and I are in for sure. Sent ya the registration via e-mail and already have a marina view room.. :D Can't wait for the convoy again this year....DOC/LIZ, Bverd/Amy(no cruise this time! :bonk: :banghead: ) Geo, Digger, Cliffy Boy&Di, and more.... :wink:

Fish boy
05-06-2005, 06:26 AM
i'm in, just definitely not bringing that psycho stalker I brought last year... I'll find a shiny new one LOL :D

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2005, 06:56 AM
Sweet. This is awesome news Mike....will call today and get me a room. Any word on the painting idea yet...I'm sure we're all dyin to know ;) :biggrin.:

MikeMiller
05-06-2005, 07:57 AM
Gorilla,

The painting is still receiving ideas (most recently from Donzi Jenn) and boy is it an awesome idea!!

Making my decision on June 1st. By the way... I spoke to the artisit and he said with all of these great ideas he may want to do the picture in a different medium - maybe not oil but it could be acrylic, colored pencils, so on.

Depending on the detail and difficulty I guess?!

Anyway, everyone register and please don't forget to ATTACH THE REGISTRATION WORD DOC. TO YOUR EMAIL TO ME!!!!!!

Last Tango
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
No second line for me either.
Need the registration form put back up.

MikeMiller
05-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Doctor, Try downloading them again - I just made an edit!!!!

Last Tango
05-06-2005, 08:53 AM
On hold with the Reservation Hotline 1-800 and it is not in their computer yet Under Donzi Owners Rendezvous. She is checking with the hotel right now. I'm on hold...

Not in system for another 24 hours. She says nobody will be able to book using Donzi Owners Rendezvous until tomorrow and still get the convention rate. THose who have already booked will have to call back as well since they were not booked at the convention rate.

Last Tango
05-06-2005, 05:13 PM
Well, THAT was interesting. I called the reservation hot line just now (5:50 PM EDT) and they said all the rooms for this event were already booked. Amazing...
But not to despair, I was able to book a room with a military discount for $111.00, but upgraded to a deluxe Marina view for $126.00 for two double beds for the two nights (gotta have room for all the women we are gonna pick up along the way).
So I'm in for sure, but I wonder what sort of experience others will have since the hotel claims to be booked for this event and only a few other rooms left, already.
Procrastinators will obviously be staying "down the street."

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, THAT was interesting. I called the reservation hot line just now (5:50 PM EDT) and they said all the rooms for this event were already booked. Amazing...
But not to despair, I was able to book a room with a military discount for $111.00, but upgraded to a deluxe Marina view for $126.00 for two double beds for the two nights (gotta have room for all the women we are gonna pick up along the way).
So I'm in for sure, but I wonder what sort of experience others will have since the hotel claims to be booked for this event and only a few other rooms left, already.
Procrastinators will obviously be staying "down the street."

OK TastLango......... I just made our reservations at 7PM and got our rooms booked :p . The fella said there were plenty of rooms left for the Donzi group.

But still get your reservations in now, you don't want to be left out with this one!!!!!! You can always cancel your room if ya cant make it.

pmreed
05-06-2005, 07:20 PM
I just called 8:00 PM. The young lady said all the rooms were booked.

Phil

gcarter
05-06-2005, 08:55 PM
So I wonder....are there rooms available or not?
How many were available to begin with? :confused:

pmreed
05-06-2005, 08:57 PM
They said there were 190 bookings since 10:00 AM. Must be that AA group that was there last year. :splat:

Phil

gcarter
05-06-2005, 09:03 PM
They said there were 190 bookings since 10:00 AM. Must be that AA group that was there last year. :splat:

Phil
You mean that large group with multiple addictions? :) :)

pmreed
05-06-2005, 09:05 PM
:) :)

Phil

Bad-Tat
05-06-2005, 09:41 PM
Just called and booked a room. She said it looked like there were still rooms for a single king but not a whole bunch of them.

MikeMiller
05-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey gang,

Always something huh! Ther are plenty of rooms! The Hyatt goes through this every year - I don't know why.

I gues it depends on who you get and how good they are. Anyway, I spoke to them today and they said Monday it shouldn't be a problem but until then some people may get conflicting stories.

FYI: thursday there are 10 rooms blocked, friday and saturday there are 50 rooms blocked each night and Sunday there are 10 rooms blocked. NO WAY THEY ARE BOOKED YET!!!!!

Nevber fear.

By the way, Last Tango got a great price!!!!!!

Be patient - it's worth it!!

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2005, 10:33 PM
I called the reservation line, not the hotel directly. When I said I was booking under the Donzi Group she said please hold cuz the Convention booking desk handles those. I said ok. A guy took my reservation and was very helpfull. All info was correct concernign dates and rates. Anyhooooo...got my confirmation email already and I am Marina view good to go! GL everyone. As soon as Mike lets me know he's using my idea for the painting, the room should be free..... :biggrin: :crossfing :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Must be that AA group that was there last year. :splat:

Phil

Mike have you added any elevator parties to the itinerary? Mayby RoadTrip can coordinate that one........ :biggrin:

gcarter
05-07-2005, 01:21 PM
Well, I'm booked!
Non-smoking king, marina view!!!!!!
The 14th is my birthday!!! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: This will be a nice getaway. And this year I'll have my own boat there, won't be bumming no rides. Get me one of them there "helicopter pictures" !!! :rlol: :yippie:

:wavey:

BabyDonzi
05-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Guys, Guys, Guys! No worries! Mike Miller has been putting this event together for years and he is in the "know". I showed up my first year with no reservations, no slip, hell I even brought my Donzi! I ended up with the best room in the place! Mike can and will hammer out all details, even at the last minute! FYI, it dosen't matter if you end up at the Hyatt, up the street or around the corner, this is a "MUST ATTEND EVENT"!!!!!!!!!!!!
You will not be dissapointed! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 02:47 PM
OK,....

My reservations are made,....

NEXT!!

Wayne

BUIZILLA
05-09-2005, 03:29 PM
We're in... :yes: :beer:

JH

smokediver
05-15-2005, 07:31 PM
reservation made .... rooms still available :)

MikeMiller
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Hey Gang!

We're jammin! Things are rolling and we're planning for a great party... with 6 people!!

I have only received 3 registrations and checks so far. We 6 people are going to have a helluva time that's for sure!

Get your checks and registrations in as soon as possible.

PAINTING decision is coming June 1!!!!!!! Good luck, everyone!

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2005, 05:04 PM
PAINTING decision is coming June 1!!!!!!! Good luck, everyone!

Mike, it's OK. You don't have to wait until the first to tell'em that I won..... ;) ;) ;) ;) :biggrin.:

MrsDigger
05-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Somebody tell me what kind of motors are on our boat...the questions on the registration are too hard :banghead:

boxy
05-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Big shiny ones..... :D
If Mikey needs any more info than that, tell him they look like they are built with the same metal as Digger's sidearm.

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2005, 06:50 PM
If Mikey needs any more info than that, tell him they look like they are built with the same metal as Digger's sidearm.

Digger only has one arm? What side? :D

boxy
05-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Digger only has one arm? What side? :D
If I was going to choose somebody to pick on, it wouldn't be the heavily armed Marine. I'd go after the carpet salesman..... :D

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2005, 07:40 PM
LOl, wasn't pokin fun at the Marine.......but the second part is a good idea none the less..... I wonder if they make a nice small berber carpet with a good adhesive on the back so as to stay in place over 70 MPH...... :wavey: :eek: :wavey:

gcarter
05-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Mikey, mine's comming! :moped: Probably mid June. Put me down for four.

boxy
05-16-2005, 08:37 PM
LOl, wasn't pokin fun at the Marine.......but the second part is a good idea none the less..... I wonder if they make a nice small berber carpet with a good adhesive on the back so as to stay in place over 70 MPH...... :wavey: :eek: :wavey:
Have you ever seen Doc without a shirt, he already has his own small berber on his back ....... :eek: :eek:

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2005, 09:20 PM
ROTFLMAO :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Very "Yeti" :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
05-16-2005, 09:21 PM
Man, 2 or 3 shots across the bow and no return fire yet....... :D

I'm sure its coming..... :uzi:

MikeMiller
05-16-2005, 10:28 PM
No worries on the payments guys! I know you're all good for it. Don't send partial payments ... just send it when you get it!!!

Make sure there's enough for rum!

MrsDigger
05-17-2005, 12:45 AM

The funniest thing is that when I emailed the form to Mike Miller, I put "Big shiny ones" in the "motor" field! Have you been peeking at my registration form??? :confused:

Ummmm, regards his sidearm, he took a 9 mil to the sandbox and I got to keep the Glock .45. In the words of the inimitable Mr. T...."I pity the fool...":fire:

ChromeGorilla
05-17-2005, 06:48 AM
I love the compact Glock .45 Sweet friggin gun.

Johntrip
05-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Hey Guys, I definitely want to go but was thinking I would just plug in and stay on my boat.... I called the dockmaster at the Hyatt.... He took my name and told me he would hold a slip for me... Is their anything else I need to do...????
Oh, by the way, This will be my first time attending!!!! Sounds like a real good time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Last Tango
05-19-2005, 09:45 AM
JT,
I wanted to do that last time, but the 18 got just a bit too crowded for the 8 of us, even with the top up... :hyper: :rlol:

undertaker
05-20-2005, 01:27 PM
Have you ever seen Doc without a shirt, he already has his own small berber on his back ....... :eek: :eek:

OH MY GOD!!!! :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: That is funny!!!

undertaker
05-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Hey Guys, I definitely want to go but was thinking I would just plug in and stay on my boat.... I called the dockmaster at the Hyatt.... He took my name and told me he would hold a slip for me... Is their anything else I need to do...????
Oh, by the way, This will be my first time attending!!!! Sounds like a real good time. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

John print off the registration form and send it along with payment to Mike Miller and you should be good to go. Hope this helps. See you there. Maybe I can get a ride in your sweet boat LOL. :wink:

Underboy

Team Jefe
05-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Reservations converted.

Forms Printed

Checks Written

In the mail today

....all I have to do is find a Glock somewhere :uzi:

Fish boy
05-29-2005, 08:44 AM
Reservations converted.

Forms Printed

Checks Written

In the mail today

....all I have to do is find a Glock somewhere :uzi:

HEy Jefe, glad to see you see in. Lemme know if you need a the fishboy taxi. LOL

Budmann
06-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Just saw the thread.... Duh :stan: :stan: Booked!!!! Mikie... you will have your check in the next couple of weeks.

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

MrsDigger
06-08-2005, 06:41 PM
Mike, I'm still waiting on a reply from Digger--I think he wanted to invite a friend of his from VMI, but so far, I haven't heard back. I'll send check once I get a confirmation on the number of people.

Budmann
06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Hey Mikey... Have you deceided yet on the picture. I know we are chiming in late but Donzi Jodi's wheels are turning. :outtahere :moped:
You know what she does for a living and I think I have the perfect shot of a seventies vintage Donzi.

sweet 16 1966
06-14-2005, 09:55 PM
What are the waterways around Sarasota like? Sounds like one great time come October! Just wondered if the 16 is too small? Wish I had the Donzi Blackhawk thats for sale! Why no sale yet? Rare?

Team Jefe
06-20-2005, 10:49 AM
HEy Jefe, glad to see you see in. Lemme know if you need a the fishboy taxi. LOL

Actually, Jody. we are flying into Sarasota directly, But thanks for the offer. We will see you there.

Harbormaster is CONFIRMED.

.....um, I also found the check and registration form in a box this weekend from the move :banghead: .....Sorry Mikey, I'll get it over to you this week.

sweet 16 1966
06-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Confirmed reservation! Not sure if I will bring the 16 or see if anyone has room. Good times are ahead!

Budmann
06-21-2005, 06:30 PM
Check mailed! Mikie you have a p.m. :moped: :sombrero: :sombrero: :wink:

Cuda
06-21-2005, 07:08 PM
I can't download the info. I keep getting "Malicious script" error. :(

Budmann
06-21-2005, 07:22 PM
Cuda... hit the "ANY" key!!! :stan: :cartman: That should work... :idea: :idea: :idea: LOL :)

Cuda
06-21-2005, 07:28 PM
Cuda... hit the "ANY" key!!! :stan: :cartman: That should work... :idea: :idea: :idea: LOL :)
Still didn't work. It closes explorer.

gcarter
06-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Joe, you may have too old of a Word version. Like the Minx list, done on 2003, if you have an older version, it probably won't recognise it.

Cuda
06-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks Scott, that worked.

MikeMiller
06-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey gang, so sorry I have not been on lately. We moved and I have been offline for a few weeks.

All is coming along nicely.

PLEASE NOTE: I have a new email account
mikemillerx@tampabay.rr.com

If any of you have emailed your registrations to me within the last 4 weeks - please do so again to this new email. Verizon cancelled all my emails when I checked back on so I lost them all.

Or you can just mail them with the checks.

Thanks.

sweet 16 1966
06-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Ok,
Please Advise What Is Required In A "working Coast Guard Kit".
Thanks!!

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
06-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Mike, I have had my reservations and slip for months, do you need the data, I will try to send it to you tomorrow. I booked on my own at the Govt rate ground floor with a slip ....
Just let me know what you need from me. Allot going on here in VA, been too busy to surf much since it is boating season, anyway but I still plan on attending.

Bryan Tuvell donzi33zx@cox.net

Dalelama
07-01-2005, 06:50 PM
Count two more........
I'll be dragging along Ken Jones w/ his Big Block MINX.
New Built Rite interior, 435 hp, Stainless Marine, closed cooling, Bravo,
waiting for new throttle, dash & gages... should be finished by then!

Reservation confirmed.
Entry form submitted.
Waiting to scam Miller out of paying!

ChromeGorilla
07-01-2005, 07:40 PM
Mike, reservations made a while back. Haven't registered yet because I'm a miser...... Dib's on my slip from last year, but ya gotta move Dwight's slip. His boat makes mine look like a Cuban raft...... :wink: :biggrin.: :rlol: :wavey:

This one right here....C-14.... :crossfing :beer: :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
07-01-2005, 09:26 PM
LOL..... :cool:

Tidbart
07-29-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey people,

Get your butts in gear and get some money and paperwork to Mike.

This event's expenses comes out of his pocket until we send him some dough.

Many have said they are coming, but I am willing to bet 90% of those haven't sent in a dime.

OK, off the high horse. Seriously, send along some money. Make this thing a little easier on Mikey. He has put a lot of time and effort into it so far, it is the least we can do.

B :yippie:

gcarter
07-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Hey Mikey;
I sent you a check for four last week.
Did you get it yet?

sweet 16 1966
07-29-2005, 07:57 PM
Anyone seen Mike lately? Have not seen any posts? Anyway, My money will be in the mail Saturday! Reservations made some time ago. How many will come? Sheila and I are committed. Still have 2 questions,

1,--Coast guard kit? what's required?
2. -- Should I bring the 16 or leave it at home on smaller bodies of water?

First time event for us! Not sure what to expect. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Also, My new toy!

smokediver
07-30-2005, 06:05 AM
I am bringing my 16 ... The bay is a great place to run ... I agree with poodle , you will kick yourself for not bringing your boat !

sweet 16 1966
07-30-2005, 05:51 PM
OK , Done deal, its coming!
Thanks for the push!

need for speed
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I am in .. Laurie and I.. and the new Myco are on the way room booked /check in the mail...

fasttrucker
08-14-2005, 08:13 AM
Ive booked my room,maybe buying truck+trailer to bring my boat :yes: .Mike will send check soon,thanks bill+paula. :biggrin:

Richard McCoy
08-14-2005, 08:19 PM
Is this a salt water event?

need for speed
08-14-2005, 08:31 PM
yup. but they have a very nice fresh water pool... but come on you can flush it.. :smash:

MikeMiller
08-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Yo, yo.... ONLY 6 WEEKS!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am alive and well in a deranged sort of way, as Poodle said! Things are just busy - that's all.

Hey gang, please make a note of my new address to mail registrations and checks:

MIKE MILLER
3602 22ND AVENUE WEST
BRADENTON, FL 34205

Can't seem to find my original files to change the downloaded pages!?!?!?!?!

ALSO, I can't urge everyone enough to mail their checks in - please don't wait and pay at the Rally as all food and beverage stuff have to be paid up front and that really hurts my pocket book!! Two weeks before the event allows me to make sure there is enough food ordered!!

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone soon.

ChromeGorilla
08-30-2005, 10:22 PM
All those fockers up north better make it down...with boats in tow as well.... I towed to LG, your turn to haul yer butt's to Seadog land...... :D hell, even my folks are coming down from NY.

ChromeGorilla
08-31-2005, 02:01 PM
Hey Miller, make sure you put that nut case with the whacka's on his tub away from the Donzi's....... :biggrin: Or are you briggin the x?

Air 22
08-31-2005, 11:54 PM
At $3, $4, $5+ a gallon for fuel.???? :kaioken: :eek: :angryfire ..Air 22 + my better half will most likely fly... that is if there is an airline still fly'n by then... :eek: at any rate were still planning to make the trip...hope eveyone else can as well.... :D :beer:

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2005, 12:09 AM
Filled truck and boat today...both were bone dry....

Boat took 49 gallons of 87 @ $2.69/gal :banghead:

Truck took 24 gallons of diesel @ $2.59/ gal :banghead:

Unfriggin real!

I have definately cut back on the boating this season. Last year it was all weekend and 2-3 days during the week. This year, no mid-week boating.... :bawling: :banghead: And sometimes on the weekend we don't run as much.

Air 22
09-01-2005, 12:16 AM
:confused:
Filled truck and boat today...both were bone dry....

Boat took 49 gallons of 87 @ $2.69/gal :banghead:

Truck took 24 gallons of diesel @ $2.59/ gal :banghead:

Unfriggin real!

I have definately cut back on the boating this season. Last year it was all weekend and 2-3 days during the week. This year, no mid-week boating.... :bawling: :banghead: And sometimes on the weekend we don't run as much.

Yes Sir...I filled up Monday.figuring this gas hike was comming. Suburban took 30 Gallons...Donzi 27 Gallons @ $2.45 a gallon. The same station today was $3.25.. : :banghead: :shocking: :kaioken: :eek: Both are parked for a loooooooooooong time!!!!

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Save that gas for Sota! LOL Can't wait to see you guys!

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2005, 09:44 AM
I havent decided which boat I'm bringing yet...

Be afraid.....

Be VERY afraid :D :D :D

Sounds good........

fasttrucker
09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
If we still go,it will be by air.No towing for us :lifeprese .Should know soon. :rolleyes:

sweet 16 1966
09-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Mike,
Hope you received my money, it may have been mailed to your old address.
I ran my boat today and after a point adjustment, it ran great! I needed that!

ChromeGorilla
09-01-2005, 09:59 PM
If we still go,it will be by air.No towing for us :lifeprese .Should know soon. :rolleyes:

Don't be scared of some little ol classics.....tow it down.... :)

MikeMiller
09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
Hell will freeze over if I let Air 22 come to this event by plane without a boat. So.... everyone tell Air 22 that he will be ousted and ignored all weekend long and not allowed on anyone's boat if he comes boatless.

Now Crissy... well she can come down with or without Dwight, with or without a boat!!

I'm looking into a gas certificate for the weekend. Maybe I can get a few cents discount to help with the cause!

RKILBY... I got your check.

EVERYONE... there are those of you who have a room booked but I have no idea who you are!!!! Names I've never heard of. I could figure it all out if I had registrations!! HINT, HINT.

Please email, mail, or fax them ASAP (941) 708-7038 - fax.

MikeMiller
09-02-2005, 03:27 PM
Registrations on hand as of 9/2/05 at 4:12pm:

Mike and Lori Russell
Mark Laszlo, Ken Perry
John, Amber and Hunter Abell
Bud Staples and Jodi Myers
Phil Reed (Oh yeah!)
Jeff Reid and Renee Prause
Jim and Gina Collins
George and Elaine Carter, Frank and Doris Jeske
Ray Runge, Patricia and Sandy Kunkel
Russ and Sheila Kilby
Charles Jackson and Laurie Rozeski
Ron, Pam and Joe Camillone
Randy and Jenn Oak
Bob Wilson and Ranya Badran

All paid save the Camillones and Oaks (so far). Rooms are accounted for all save the Abells.

Good news is that there are a ton of rooms booked under a bunch of people's names! So get me those registrations. AT LEAST FAX THEM SO I KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE AND SEND THE CHECK LATER (941) 708-7038.

Remember, September 21 is cut-off. So call ASAP and book the room!! I don't want anyone high and dry.

BUIZILLA
09-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I have my room confirmation since early May, but I need to mail you a check Mikey. There will be at least 2, of not 4 in my group. I need ONE boat slip.

jim haas

Dalelama
09-02-2005, 07:55 PM
Mikey,

Checks in the mail....
Rooms been reservd....
Need 1 slip for da' BB Minx

Fuel hovering near $3/gal....AVGas $3.20 self-serve
Guess what we run in 'dat Chivolay........?

Caravan?
Buz?..... bad Dog?

Scary! :eek:

Air 22
09-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Hell will freeze over if I let Air 22 come to this event by plane without a boat. So.... everyone tell Air 22 that he will be ousted and ignored all weekend long and not allowed on anyone's boat if he comes boatless.

Now Crissy... well she can come down with or without Dwight, with or without a boat!!

I'm looking into a gas certificate for the weekend. Maybe I can get a few cents discount to help with the cause!

RKILBY... I got your check.

EVERYONE... there are those of you who have a room booked but I have no idea who you are!!!! Names I've never heard of. I could figure it all out if I had registrations!! HINT, HINT.

Please email, mail, or fax them ASAP (941) 708-7038 - fax.

Hey Mikey,

Unless you can find me a few hundred dollars worth of gas cards, just isn't in the budget this year with fuel prices as the are. If the current pr :yes: ices fall, we will reconsider. 5 tanks of fuel at $3.36 (or more) per gallon is painful. SOMEBODY will give me a ride....Chrome, Poodle or Buizilla won't leave me hangin'! :yes: :beer:

ChromeGorilla
09-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey Mikey,

SOMEBODY will give me a ride....Chrome, Poodle or Buizilla won't leave me hangin'! :yes: :beer:

Always got a seat on Damn Yankee! I just hope it's clean enough for your standards..... :biggrin:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, I know I am way behind on posts, I planned on attending the RALLY until this past week. My mother is having surgery that week, so I am definately out. What a year this has been, I will call and cancel everything on Tuesday.

You guys have fun. MPoodle, post lots of pictures and a good long story.

Bryan Tuvell

MikeMiller
09-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Hmmmm... interesting!

ChromeGorilla
09-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Mikey ........ The wife and I are booked....sending you the check. My folks and bro may be coming down from NY to join us so possibly 3 more.... if they do make it they will pay at the event..... :wavey: 1 slip please.... :garfield:

MikeMiller
09-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Chrome, sounds great. The more the merrier.

Just let me know as early as possible so I can make sure I have enough food ordered through the hotels and restaurants for the run.

EVERYONE.... just a reminder that when people come to the event and pay on site, I often times have only ordered enough bags, shirts and food for those I was able to count through registrations. So please be understanding that if you come to the event without me knowing I may have run out of some items.

I can only order so much before I run out of money!

In realize most of you know this but some were a little upset last year. I am sorry for it when it happens. I AM TRYING!!

Love you all!!

smokediver
09-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Mikey , can you post who has paid and who still owes ... I think I paid for my self but I will send you a check for my daughter ... I WANT A FLOATING DOCK THIS YEAR ! :bawling: Thanks in advance :biggrin.:

fasttrucker
09-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Looks like we are not going to make it this year.

Last Tango
09-05-2005, 09:34 AM
Smokey,
I think if you refer one page back in this thread you will see what you are looking for.
See you THERE!!!!!

rumshaker2
09-06-2005, 11:45 AM
Can anyone give me ideas on where everyone is staying? Thanks!:confused:

This will be our first year attending. Give any pointers and docking ideas also, please.

ChromeGorilla
09-06-2005, 11:50 AM
This event is held at the Hyatt in Sarasota FL. Most people launch their boats and dock them right at the Hyatt for the entire weekend. Most people, less the locals, stay right at the Hyatt. there are other hotel around but the Hyatt is party central and just makes it really nice to dock your boat after a ride, jump in the pool, then go to your room to change and what not. So the answrs is............ HYATT ..... :cool:

rumshaker2
09-06-2005, 11:58 AM
Great! Thanks for info. If the Hyatt is booked, any other hotel options that you know of?

Also, I am looking some Donzi merchandise, ie: T-shirts and logos......any ideas?

MikeMiller
09-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Rumshaker,

The Hyatt is not booked out yet so there should be rooms available. We got a good rate this year - compared to the $259 a night that is normal.

Donzi Marine is supposed to be sponsoring the event and last year they had the clothing truck there for everyone to buy items. I am expecting them again this year to bring the truck.

Dock slip costs are included in your entry fee for the entire weekend.

EMAIL me if you have anymore questions. mikemillerx@tampabay.rr.com

ROCK AND ROLL - 5 WEEKS AWAY!!!!!!!!

rumshaker2
09-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Can anyone provide an itinerary for the Rally?

Thanks!

Budmann
09-06-2005, 04:53 PM
M.P.... :rlol: Couldn't have said it better myself!! :beer: :beer: :beer: :pretzel: :pretzel: :tongue:

sweet 16 1966
09-12-2005, 05:03 PM
I am in Orlando, down from Atl. this week working. Can't wait for the rally!
I thought the boat was ready until last weekend when the Mallory flat top dist
finally gave out after all those years! Top part came unbrazed from the gear shaft. I will be installing a new pointless -electronic unit next weekend when I get home!

Budmann
09-12-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey Mikey... could you please call me at your convience. I have a question to ask you and you p.m keeps kicking it back.

home 727.784.4242 cell 727.637.7718

Team Jefe
09-13-2005, 07:41 AM
:wavey: OK Team...This means figure it out and SEND THE MONEY!!!!

............Jefe...well Jefe is the Jefe' and he needs no excuse, because he is constantly surrounded by Hot Chicks! :D .............

Doc of Antagonistic Provacation :spongebob

Doc has a good point ladies Please don't forget your RED BIKINI's

And let's not forget about a few other notable participants

First there is the Family Doctor Himself. A finer gentleman and event cheerleader I have never met.

AND the HARBORMASTER.....yes Boys and Girls the man who keeps this CyberFamily on the Straight and Narrow.

This party is going to be off teh hook :party: :bighug: :eek:

fasttrucker
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
My wife,myself and peter(age9) are going to fly in to sarasota on air tran airlines.Direct flight from baltimore.Mike, I sent you an e-mail two days ago about cost since we are only going to make friday+saturday events.Unhappy about not bringing my Donzi.Was going to tow it down,but with fuel,extra days off from work,ect.I just could not swing it this year.Mike please respond to my E-mail so I can send you my check asap.Thanks.

fasttrucker
09-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I thought I read a post saying that if you could only make part of the event mike would let you know about cost?Iam not trying to be cheap,but we are not staying on sunday and peter(my son) doesnt eat and wont be going to any dinners.Hes going to ride on a donzi on sat only.The rest of the time he will be with his grandfather!I will try to offset this at the open bar on friday and you know me :puke: :wink:

ChromeGorilla
09-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Stuff it Danno!............................ And get me a strawberry daiquiri dammit! :wink:

ChromeGorilla
09-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Jefe.......don't worry!!!!!!! I will have my RED BIKINI ! :eek:

onesubdrvr
09-17-2005, 12:04 AM
I hate to admit it, but I've been one of "Those" people for this event :confused: . I did make my hotel reservations, which I need to remember to cancel Monday. My original plan was for myself and my entire family (so 6 of us) to attend. Well, stories, stories, stories, it ain't gonna happen. I'm hoping I'm lucky enough to attend Saturday for some boat time - although not exactly cross country, or from out of country, it's still a pretty long drive. I have been fortunate to meet a few members of our family and had really hoped to meet even more at the Rally. I've sent Mike and E-mail, so that I can see how feasible it is for me to come Saturday, if it works out OK for me to trailer over, put in, run, pull out, drive home, I have NO problem sending the registration form in, or paying the full $ for the one day. I by NO means represent the upper 3% of the income bracket, and would have felt foolish if I had sent in $600.00, and only myself been able to show. I DO appreciate that Mike has layed his hard earned $$ out on the table, and would only hope that most people would have the common decency (as Mike listed in an earlier post) to get him the money NO LATER THAN 2 WEEKS BEFORE, or not come. I wouldn't be presumptious enough to show up Saturday, and expect to sponge lunch and dinner / etc.

It is also amazing how fast time goes by, it really seems like yesterday I made the hotel reservations, but now realize that it was near 4 months ago!!

My Appologies for Presumably Pissing People off by Procrastinating
Wayne

Cuda
09-17-2005, 12:17 AM
Dan, quite frankly, I think your post was way out of line.

Dr. Dan
09-17-2005, 06:02 AM
:spongebob Cuda ... I Agree, my post was out of line! I apologize to Bill and Sub and everyone else, no excuse...I was running on a short fuse last night.

Sorry.

Doc of Bad Commentary & Poor Taste!

fasttrucker
09-17-2005, 07:46 AM
Everything the doc said is alright with me,no need to apolagisetate to me! :p
Iam upset with him for not showing up for our smack-down run earlyer this season.BUT there is still time doc. :biggrin.: Jackson will close the high+dry on hallowween :cool!: Maybe we could run that day and scare the fish! :embarasse

gcarter
09-17-2005, 08:10 AM
Jefe.......don't worry!!!!!!! I will have my RED BIKINI ! :eek:
You in a red bikini!!!!!!!
Scott, that's a scary thought!! :jestera: :shocking: :biggrin:

Maybe blue would be a better for you.

Dr. Dan
09-17-2005, 08:32 AM
:beer: Bill ...Thanks... I may be out later today if I can get the "Honey Do" list done. Again...I do apologize for my insensitive commentary and broad generalizations, to the entire Donzi Family here.

Doc of Not Much These Days :spongebob

BUIZILLA
09-17-2005, 08:37 AM
Doc, your my hero...

now... where is that post again :rolleyes:

Bad-Tat
09-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Chrome in a red bikini???
Don't know if we are ready for that one!!!
Much better his wife in one!!

Cuda
09-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Chrome in a red bikini???
Don't know if we are ready for that one!!!
Much better his wife in one!!
Now there's a statement we can all agree on! :D

onesubdrvr
09-17-2005, 09:16 AM
:spongebob Cuda ... I Agree, my post was out of line! I apologize to Bill and Sub and everyone else, no excuse...I was running on a short fuse last night.

Sorry.

Doc of Bad Commentary & Poor Taste!
No worries mate,.....:)

I just wanted to emphasize that there is more than just 1 type of person who hasn't sent there registration in. I probably felt automatically associated with the wrong type because I'm frustrated that I won't be there for the full weekend, and a little frustrated with the Mrs's lack of enthusiasm.

Either way, I hope to be able to make it for the Saturday, meet everyone, take lots of pictures and expand my family. You're one on the top of my list Dr. Dan, between guys like you and Matty, you pretty much keep my monitor dirty with coffee, and my pants yellow!! :biggrin:

Now everybody get ready to party, and I hope I can make it.
Wayne

ChromeGorilla
09-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Oh come on you party poopers...... as Paris would say ....Thats Hot!

http://www2.hotboat.com/image_center/data/500/2445bikini5.jpg

Dr. Dan
09-17-2005, 09:56 AM
:smash: Chrome....you are venturing into a strange and dark place, hey is that a Bannana on your Hip or are you just Glad to see me.

Man and I was gonna try to eat breakfast...now I am sick again... :bighug:

Chrome I think I might have to get Matty to take my back on this one...and Pearson... they seam to be the Photoshop Pros here...

Pretty Funny...I guess it's deserving...WTF?

:rolleyes:

gcarter
09-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Chrome, I think I'd rather see you in a red bikini than the good DR. doing a Carman Miranda all over!!! :eek!: :eek!: :hyper: :bonk:

RickyR
09-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Hey Chrome, either :shocking: or :eek: either way, you must be a comfortable man.:checkered Please leave that "outfit" home that weekend..
We plan to be there Friday late afternoon, so bring on the blenders, and the red and white sandwiches :beer:

Ricky...seeya...

MikeMiller
09-19-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey gang, sorry I haven't been on in the past week - too busy to explain!! You know how it is.

Anyway....

Everyone relax!

This is the time of year and the event where we all leave our worries and stress (except for me) at home. The last thing I want is for people to be stressed about sending money or getting me registrations and all that crap when we all have families that are far more important than all that!!

Gas prices, work, time off.... blah, blah. I took a vow to myself that I would keep this event going for all those reasons! Just get here and let's make some memories.

A good Dr. friend of mine once said ... Family are those people with whom you have "shared experiences" with. Not just the blood relatives. Those people sometimes become even closer than blood! That means we have a HUGE family and will have even more each rally we make.

So stop stressing... if you can send me the money early great! If not, PLEASE pay when you get there.

Al I do ask is that you send me a registration so I can have a head count!! (Fax 941-708-7038)

I love all of you, really. Especially the ladies. And not the least... the ladies!

Be good. Dream of fun in the sun with Donzis and family and a pool and a drink and a Madpoodle!

PS: I have some really cool t-shirts and goodies this year that you can only get at this event!!!!!

undertaker
09-19-2005, 01:50 PM
Well said Mike, see ya in Sota... :wavey: :biggrin.:

Undertaker

PS My Reg. form and check is in the mail :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Cuda
09-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Can someone post the hotel info? I just looked back through the thread and couldn't find it.

MikeMiller
09-19-2005, 02:50 PM
The Hyatt Resort in Sarasota
(941) 953-1234 or Reservation Hotline (800) 233-1234
Let them know you are with the Donzi Owners Group.

Cuda
09-19-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks.

Reservations made, registration will go out in the am.

There will be two of us, I'll need a slip and trailer parking. I'm still up in the air which boat I'll bring. The Minx if it's running right, if not, I'll bring the 302 Formula.

onesubdrvr
09-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Thanks.

Reservations made, registration will go out in the am.

There will be two of us, I'll need a slip and trailer parking. I'm still up in the air which boat I'll bring. The Minx if it's running right, if not, I'll bring the 302 Formula.
Joe,....

Bring da Minx down here this weekend, we'll get it running right :wink: :D :eek:

Wayne

Team Jefe
09-19-2005, 04:11 PM
Well I go baoting for a few days...and here we have Doctors going Crazy :bonk:

Gorillas in bikinis

Cudas unusually candid

and a one-eyed Green guy calm through it all.

So, Jefe's Perspective.

Its all about fun and familiy. Mike got it right, and is as gracious as ever. Mikey we love you too and not just the ladies...we all love you, epecially Chrome when he's in a Bikini.

Speaking of, I'll take A damned Yankee in a bikini if it means we get to see all the Hot Donzi Girls sporting them too.....small price to pay....really small there big fella....poor Michelle.

Joe - as ussual you were right and Danny knows it too :banghead: .

As for the postulation of the Good Famliy Doctor. His heart was in the right place. Mikey puts his heart and soul into this event FOR US. and boy its a great event. Doc was just looking out for Mike, Since Mike it too kind a heart to say it for himself.

Just remember we're family, we may bicker a bit amoungst ourselves, but the love is still there, as Mikey says....especially the ladies.

So, Chrome, Cuda, Doc, Mikey, Sub, Fast, and everyone else....we're gonna tear the lid off 'sota and have e freakin' blast. :hyper:

Cuda
09-19-2005, 04:17 PM
Joe,....

Bring da Minx down here this weekend, we'll get it running right :wink: :D :eek:

Wayne
If I could shake this frigging cold, I'd have done it this weekend. :(

Budmann
09-19-2005, 05:16 PM
Woohoo!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: Joe Cuda and Deb are coming! You guys will love it. Great peoples.

We are doing the Suwannee again this weekend. Jodi spoke to Deb this morning and tells us you mihgt be able to join us.

P.S... Joe Cuda has a BIRTHDAY this month :stan: Happy Birthday Joe!! :yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :party: :party: :party:

Cuda
09-19-2005, 05:20 PM
Buddy, we can't go to Suwannee this weekend, because all my family is coming here for my 50th. :(

Budmann
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
No problem Joe. You have a great Birthday and we will go again hopefully before Sota.

fasttrucker
09-20-2005, 07:14 PM
We had some bad news,Paulas father..Peters grandfather, fell trying to get out of bed and broke his hip.Hes 82 was with IBM,worked on the first computers, met with presidents, would fly on airforce one,ect.Anyway we are still coming, but will have to visit him in the hospital instead of going over to his house.

Woodsy
09-22-2005, 12:54 PM
Mike...

Princess & I are in.... as well as my buddy Kevin! I faxed the registration over today. I'll drop the $$$ in the mail! Can't wait to see you!

Woodsy

Donzi Jenn
09-22-2005, 01:09 PM
Woodsy,

I am soooo excited to see you guys! You just made my day! :biggrin:

RickyR
09-22-2005, 09:33 PM
What do we need to bring for this event? Any special attire for the dinners? Blenders for the dock partys? Lemme know..

Thanks, Ricky...

MikeMiller
09-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Sun block, hats, flip flops, bathing suits, drool towels, goggles, and some casual clothes for Saturday night dinner.

Blender is always a good idea - gas powered is ideal. Make sure there's enough rum. Just ask GEOO.

The rest is taken care of.

WOODSY IS IN - YEAH!!!!

BabyDonzi
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
Sun block, hats, flip flops, bathing suits, drool towels, goggles, and some casual clothes for Saturday night dinner.

Blender is always a good idea - gas powered is ideal. Make sure there's enough rum. Just ask GEOO.

The rest is taken care of.

Just like Mikey said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, don't forget the Donzi!
If you wonder about the goggles? If you get on GEOO'S good side, you'll wonder why no one mentioned PARACHUTE??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

catch 22
09-24-2005, 07:43 PM
Hey Mikey, Are we going to get to chase helicopters again this year? :hyper: :hyper: :checkered

rumshaker2
09-28-2005, 09:57 AM
I keep reading about Red Bikinis....is guess this is the attire for the ladies? (first event):smileybo:

Budmann
09-28-2005, 10:09 AM
I would imagine that the "red bikini team" could always use another new member. :biggrin: :biggrin:

rumshaker2
09-28-2005, 11:10 AM
Red Bikini Team?

Last Tango
09-28-2005, 06:37 PM
Somewhere on this board, particularly in this section, there are multiple references to the infamous Team Jefe's Red Bikini girls. Pictures abound in the events section. I just don't remember which events right off hand. Do a search...
Red Bikini's are a running topic here. Not a requirement, not even a suggestion. Just so happens that they seem to be popular within the discussion threads.
Allow your significant other the freedom to select her own swim wear. If red is her thing, well, fine, If not, well, fine to that too.
My boat partner for the weekend has been warned NOT to wear a red bikini ANYTHING. It just isn't the right color for HIM! :p

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
09-28-2005, 07:11 PM
All I will say is THE TEAM ROCKS, GREAT EYE CANDY....

Those girls looked great.... (two girls, red bikini's, breasts are hot, in front of wicker furniture!) WHAT A TEAM! I miss the Donzi Girls section.....

33 FEET MORE SPACE AVAILABLE, I CANCELLED ROOM AND SLIP TODAY.

Bryan

Mr X
09-28-2005, 07:34 PM
All I will say is THE TEAM ROCKS, GREAT EYE CANDY....

Those girls looked great.... (two girls, red bikini's, breasts are hot, in front of wicker furniture!) WHAT A TEAM! I miss the Donzi Girls section.....

33 FEET MORE SPACE AVAILABLE, I CANCELLED ROOM AND SLIP TODAY.

Bryan

Dang Bryan, WHY??

rumshaker2
09-30-2005, 07:46 AM
Happy Friday! Time is drawing near! I emailed Mike this week to verify the mailing address for sending the registration fee to him. Can anyone verify his mailing address? Thanks!:propeller

Donzi Jenn
09-30-2005, 08:39 AM
Mike Miller
3602 22nd avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205

See you there!

smokediver
09-30-2005, 09:35 AM
Mike Miller
3602 22nd avenue West
Bradenton, FL 34205

See you there!
I hope he forwarded his mail ! I mailed mine to his old address !

rumshaker2
09-30-2005, 10:17 AM
THANKS!:beer:

I hope he forwarded his mail ! I mailed mine to his old address !

Team Jefe
09-30-2005, 10:38 AM
The Team Jefe Red Bikini Crew is alive and well. Really an entity that has grown on its own. It is just all the Hot Donzi Girls in Red Bikinis ready for a photo shoot. We do this at all events we attend. Obviously, all voluntary but it is a great time and has been well recieved at all events. So ladies pull out the red's for one day and come join the fun.

MikeMiller
09-30-2005, 10:25 PM
Hey gang. Here's a list of registrations received and paid or not (as of Sept. 30, 2005:

John Taylor - paid
Ed Schumacher - paid
Joe Griffith - paid
Ricky Rubin - paid
William Daubert - paid
Jeff Hagstotz - paid
Jim Bishop - paid
Randy Oak - paid
Dale Evans - paid
Jim Haas - paid
William Bateman - paid
Gaye Hanley - paid
Tim White - paid
Michael Russell - paid
Mark Laszlo - paid
Brad Verd & amy Amerson - paid
John Abell - paid
Bud Staples - paid
Phil Reed - paid
Jeff Reid - paid
Jim Collins - paid
George Carter - paid
Ray Runge - paid (except for one guest)
Russ Kilby - paid
Charles Jackson - paid
Bob Wilson - paid
Scott Heidt
Mike Holderness, Jr.
Mike Holderness, Sr.
Ron Camillone
Mike Blair
David Wood
Bob Sindelar
Dwight Jeckel
George Culotta & Bonnie Wadsworth

Some have checks in the mail, I know.

Everything is looking great and shaping up to be a terrific event. Lots of new people and many old friends!!

14 days and counting! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Call me with any problems or concerns.
(941) 815-0040 -cell or (941) 708-7034 -office

I will be releasing a headcount to the hotel for food and beverage next Thursday so I hope all can send registrations in by then. Once order is placed, I am hopeful that will be enough to feed the animals!!!

Air 22
09-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Mike...Crissy and I are planning on comming. I sent u a registration a looooong time ago. We should be there Thursday nite or early Friday. All depends on the job situation... :rolleyes: .If I sill have one were there...if not we'll have to pass.
Brad & Amy....George & Bonnie are also in. Please add us all to your list...Thanks :)

Hey gang. Here's a list of registrations received and paid or not (as of Sept. 30, 2005:

John Taylor - paid
Ed Schumacher - paid
Joe Griffith - paid
Ricky Rubin - paid
William Daubert - paid
Jeff Hagstotz - paid
Jim Bishop - paid
Randy Oak - paid
Dale Evans - paid
Jim Haas - paid
William Bateman - paid
Gaye Hanley - paid
Tim White - paid
Michael Russell - paid
Mark Laszlo - paid
John Abell - paid
Bud Staples - paid
Phil Reed - paid
Jeff Reid - paid
Jim Collins - paid
George Carter - paid
Russ Kilby - paid
Charles Jackson - paid
Bob Wilson - paid
Scott Heidt
Mike Holderness, Jr.
Mike Holderness, Sr.
Ron Camillone
Mike Blair
David Wood
Bob Sindelar

Everything is looking great and shaping up to be a terrific event. Lots of new people and many old friends!!

I will be releasing a headcount to the hotel for food and beverage next Thursday so I hope all can send registrations in by then. Once order is placed, I am hopeful that will be enough to feed the animals!!!

MikeMiller
10-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Made the changes... sorry I missed you.

ChromeGorilla
10-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Wow Mike.....looks like it's gonna be a rowdy good time this year. I wish I could add our names to your list. :( This was gonna be my last hurah in SEADOG land but it ended up being the weekend we HAVE to move to SC. I hope everyone has a kick ass time. We will be down next year with or with out boat. We'll definately be thinking of all you that weekend. Live the mystique people!!!! :yes:

Also I have a marina view room booked if anyone is not able to get a room. I won't cancel the room till next Mon. If anyone would like this room please PM me and we can get the reservation changed to your name. Scott.

MikeMiller
10-02-2005, 09:36 PM
I am really saddened that you and Michelle will not be here! I looked forward to seeing again! Best of luck to both of you in SC and remember us small people when you make it big!!

Team Jefe
10-04-2005, 12:22 PM
Holy Crap....My boat 'ho boats are droppiing like flies.

First Digger is in Wedded Bliss

Fish boy is nowhwere to be found

Flyboy is a Maybe

Now Chrome is out...though Michelle and the Damn Yankee are what I'm really gonna miss.

OK, who has a spot for a couple of wayward Texicans from the left side of the GOM....Oh Budmann, Buddy boy, you out there????

Tidbart
10-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Hey everyone,

I know gas prices are up some over last year and it does add to the cost of the event, not just for the boat or tow vehicle, but for airfare also.

I plan to contribute to the expenses of anyone who drags my ass around on the weekend to help offset these costs.

I know that most of us "riders" already have this in mind and it is one of those things that goes without saying, but I said it anyways.

My point being, if you are on the fence about your boat because of gas prices, we are willing to help out. So bring your boat!
I don't like to speak for others, but I know there are many generous members who will be attending.

Can't wait.

I also have a challenge for the attendees..... I will bet I am the first to the poolside bar on Friday. First drink is on me for those who get there before me. HEE, HEE. The gauntlet has been thrown. :bonk:

Bob

Team Jefe
10-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Tidbart is right about the costs....have money, will spend.

So, Bob Since I'm a t-totaler, what can I get for being the first one at the bar? I have something in mind...... :biggrin.:

Scott Heidt
10-04-2005, 01:39 PM
I work right down the road! hehehe! I like Bud Light. :) If I can get my engine in the boat in time I should have one or two spots open. I'm down to the wire as usual. :)

Hey everyone,

I know gas prices are up some over last year and it does add to the cost of the event, not just for the boat or tow vehicle, but for airfare also.

I plan to contribute to the expenses of anyone who drags my ass around on the weekend to help offset these costs.

I know that most of us "riders" already have this in mind and it is one of those things that goes without saying, but I said it anyways.

My point being, if you are on the fence about your boat because of gas prices, we are willing to help out. So bring your boat!
I don't like to speak for others, but I know there are many generous members who will be attending.

Can't wait.

I also have a challenge for the attendees..... I will bet I am the first to the poolside bar on Friday. First drink is on me for those who get there before me. HEE, HEE. The gauntlet has been thrown. :bonk:

Bob

smokediver
10-04-2005, 02:16 PM
hey bob , you are always welcome to ride along with me . I may have to bum a ride on sat. if it is too windy, having the little one along with me ... but you and ranya are welcome to my boat .

Cuda
10-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, it finally looks like I might actually have a Donzi to bring. :)

http://media.putfile.com/MVI_282846

Budmann
10-04-2005, 02:31 PM
That's sweet Joe Cuda!!! :garfield: :bonk:

Hey there Jefe' and Tidbart. I think I speak for everyone when I say there will be no one left behind!!!
If I have to start stacking people three high then that's what we'll do. :confused: :wink: :nuke: :wink: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Cuda
10-04-2005, 03:14 PM

Yeah, I would have felt real bad if I had to bring a Checkmate to a Donzi meet. I wouldn't have felt quite as bad if I had to bring the Formula. I may bring the Formula anyway, because we don't have many places over here to run it. What do you think?

Budmann
10-04-2005, 03:31 PM
Either one Joe. They will both work. If its windy then probably the Formula. I guess its up to you and Deb. You know we will welcome you two either way.

Judging by the last couple of threads we might need to bring people movers. :shades: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

ChromeGorilla
10-04-2005, 04:04 PM
Just buy my 22' and bring it...it will start guranteed... :) Plus I even have special SEADOG pricing..... :yes:

Cuda
10-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Judging by the last couple of threads we might need to bring people movers. :shades: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:
Well, the 302 IS Coast Guard rated for 11 people! :eek:

Budmann
10-04-2005, 04:22 PM
C.G. you know if I had the money and didn't already on a sweet 22 I would buy it in a second. :yes: :yes: :yes:

Your boat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :cards: :cards:

Tidbart
10-05-2005, 06:49 AM
I work right down the road! hehehe! I like Bud Light. :) If I can get my engine in the boat in time I should have one or two spots open. I'm down to the wire as usual. :)

Hey Scott,
Hope you get that boat going. It would nice to see it again.
Cocktails??? I can do that.

B

Tidbart
10-05-2005, 06:54 AM
hey bob , you are always welcome to ride along with me . I may have to bum a ride on sat. if it is too windy, having the little one along with me ... but you and ranya are welcome to my boat .

Thanks for the invite John. Don't worry, the weather is always nice at the Rendezvous. It never rains, its never windy, its always sunny, there's always a light chop for good running, the beer is alway cold, and the women are all 10's. What more could you ask for??? :beer: :yes:

See you there.

B

Tidbart
10-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Tidbart is right about the costs....have money, will spend.

So, Bob Since I'm a t-totaler, what can I get for being the first one at the bar? I have something in mind...... :biggrin.:

Jefe

Do I want to know what that is?? :eek:

B

Tidbart
10-05-2005, 07:04 AM

Hey there Jefe' and Tidbart. I think I speak for everyone when I say there will be no one left behind!!!
If I have to start stacking people three high then that's what we'll do. :confused: :wink: :nuke: :wink: :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Hey Bud,

Will be good to see you. By the way, where is Fishboy???

Team Jefe
10-05-2005, 07:36 AM
Jefe

Do I want to know what that is?? :eek:

B

Just be sure to have a Ravishing DG with you in Red of course and if her name starts with an R even better.....cause I will need a great big :bighug:

Team Jefe
10-05-2005, 07:39 AM
Hey Bud,

Will be good to see you. By the way, where is Fishboy???

Yeah, What Bob said.

If we do have to resort to stacking...I want to be sure to put down a good layer of DG's, then me, then More DG's :smileybo:

Team Jefe
10-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Just buy my 22' and bring it...it will start guranteed... :) Plus I even have special SEADOG pricing..... :yes:

Chrome, the best way to sell is to get the item in front of the buyers and let them realize they CAN NOT live another day without said item.

So, I will volunteer to help you out....Here's the plan.

1. Polish up the Yankee real good.
2. Polish up Michelle real good (wait, on second thought I'll take care of that later)
3. Hook up The Yankee to your truck and put Michelle in the driver's seat.
4. Send her and the boat to 'Sota.

...OK here is cincher

5. I'll run the boat for you at the rally, with Michelle and Renee.... and easily find a buyer in this Donzi Frenzi boat party.

Its the perfect plan. By the time you get all your stuff moved, I will have sold the boat, and sent you loving wife home (very happy I might add) with a nice tan and renewed demeaner....thus avoiding the usual fights couples have during such stressful moves.

Its a win-win for all involved.

So, I'll see Michelle, what, Friday Morning???.....I'll be the first one at the bar

txtaz
10-05-2005, 09:53 AM
Yo Jefe, Are you going to be at Soto??? I will be there Friday but have to fly back Saturday out of Orlando.
Wes

rumshaker2
10-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi Mike! Wanted to make sure you got our registration fee? Mike & Shelley Blair
Also, where to we need to go when we get there with the boat and such on Friday? We are leaving Jacksonville sometime Friday morning.
Thanks! Shelley:boat:

John Taylor - paid
Ed Schumacher - paid
Joe Griffith - paid
Ricky Rubin - paid
William Daubert - paid
Jeff Hagstotz - paid
Jim Bishop - paid
Randy Oak - paid
Dale Evans - paid
Jim Haas - paid
William Bateman - paid
Gaye Hanley - paid
Tim White - paid
Michael Russell - paid
Mark Laszlo - paid
Brad Verd & amy Amerson - paid
John Abell - paid
Bud Staples - paid
Phil Reed - paid
Jeff Reid - paid
Jim Collins - paid
George Carter - paid
Russ Kilby - paid
Charles Jackson - paid
Bob Wilson - paid
Scott Heidt
Mike Holderness, Jr.
Mike Holderness, Sr.
Ron Camillone
Mike Blair
David Wood
Bob Sindelar
Dwight Jeckel

ChromeGorilla
10-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Rumshaker...where do you usually boat?.... I boat in Jax every weekend...usualy launch at Black Creek. Any way when you roll into town go straight to the ramp and launch your boat. idle out of the ramp area turn left and turn left again and go into the little inlet amongst the hotels and condos. Miek will probaly be chillin out dockside as will others to grab a line for ya. Last year he had slips assigned and let us know where to dock.

here is what the docks at the Hyatt look like..... and a map of the general are.... from 10th street ramp follow yellow arrows to pink circle..... :biggrin: Have fun!

rumshaker2
10-05-2005, 11:54 AM
We boat in Jax also. Put in in Black Creek off of main street. Rumshaker is our Donzi name. We went to Silver Glen alot this year.

Will that be true for this year, the dock assignments? Also, is there an itinerary for the day? THANKS FOR THE INFO!:beer:

Rumshaker...where do you usually boat?.... I boat in Jax every weekend...usualy launch at Black Creek. Any way when you roll into town go straight to the ramp and launch your boat. idle out of the ramp area turn left and turn left again and go into the little inlet amongst the hotels and condos. Miek will probaly be chillin out dockside as will others to grab a line for ya. Last year he had slips assigned and let us know where to dock.

here is what the docks at the Hyatt look like..... and a map of the general are.... from ramp follow yellow arrows to pink circle..... :biggrin: Have fun!

ChromeGorilla
10-05-2005, 12:16 PM
Black 22ZX? If so we saw you guys a bunch there....

rumshaker2
10-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah thats us. We are excited about this rally. It is our first.
What kinda of daytime stuff goes on, besides the sounds of blenders!

Black 22ZX? If so we saw you guys a bunch there....

ChromeGorilla
10-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Friday arrive, launch boat, check in and hang out dockside/poolside until dinner is served poolside. Great time to meet new people and chat. hang out at the docks and lend a hand tying up.....great way to meet everyone. Last year we had a helo shoot on Sat morn and a lunch run. Then after that you could hit the pool or do what you like till dinner. this is a great time to get a ride in all sorts of Donzi's as well as take someone out on yours if you like. Last year we took a ride on Tom D's 33ZX out into the gulf and chilled out drinkin pina coladas and swimming. After dinner we hung out at the bar and pool al night... Sunday was brunch on a beach on Lido Key. This was what it was like last year. We anded up staying an extra day because the weather was hot and perfect. I'm sure Mikey has an awesome event planned for this year as well.

rumshaker2
10-05-2005, 12:56 PM
:rlol: Sounds great! Thanks for the info.

Friday arrive, launch boat, check in and hang out dockside/poolside until dinner is served poolside. Great time to meet new people and chat. hang out at the docks and lend a hand tying up.....great way to meet everyone. Last year we had a helo shoot on Sat morn and a lunch run. Then after that you could hit the pool or do what you like till dinner. this is a great time to get a ride in all sorts of Donzi's as well as take someone out on yours if you like. Last year we took a ride on Tom D's 33ZX out into the gulf and chilled out drinkin pina coladas and swimming. After dinner we hung out at the bar and pool al night... Sunday was brunch on a beach on Lido Key. This was what it was like last year. We anded up staying an extra day because the weather was hot and perfect. I'm sure Mikey has an awesome event planned for this year as well.

Budmann
10-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Rumshake... no worry, Donzi Jodi and I will be there by noon on Friday. We have a navy blue 22 2+3 (incase you couldn't tell by my avatar) :rlol: :wink: and we will welcome you with open arms.

No worries about Mikies plan!! It will be AWESOME as usual. :eek: :eek: :eek: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Bryan Tuvell 33ZX
10-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I am sure am sad I will miss this event, MadPoodle please take allot of memory cards and give us slackers a new thread with all the details and pictures.
Bryan

MikeMiller
10-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Well, well, well..... can you feel the excitement!!!???!!! WOW!

One week and a day away. I can't wait to see everyone!

Okay, here is an itinerary:

Friday:
Noon-5pm
Boat Splashing at 10th Street Docks

2-6pm
Registration - Hyatt Lower Lobby

7-9pm
Welcome Dinner - Hyatt Poolside

Saturday:
9:30am
Leave Docks for Helicopter Shoot

10-11am
Helicopter Shoot

11:30am-2:30pm
Lunch at Gator’s in Treasure Island

7-9pm
Dinner in Hyatt Ballroom

Sunday
11:30am-2:30pm
Catered Lunch on the Beach

2:30pm
Sad Goodbyes Until Next Time

I will post directions to the 10th Street docks - from there I will have a guide instruct you how to get to the secured trailer parking. ChromeGorilla was almost accurate with his map - his arrow needed to be a little more north where 10th street is - the docks are at the corner of 10th St. and Hwy 41.

Stay tuned.

MikeMiller
10-05-2005, 10:52 PM
Here is an updated list of those attending shown by received reigistration, and those whom I have received a registration yet no money. I have spoken to or emailed some of you (you know who you are)... the others I would like to hear from by end of day Thursday if they are indeed coming. I have to order (and pay) for food so I need an accurate headcount with knowledge that cashola is sure to come.

John Taylor - paid
Ed Schumacher - paid
Joe Griffith - paid
Ricky Rubin - paid
William Daubert - paid
Jeff Hagstotz - paid
Jim Bishop - paid
Randy Oak - paid
Dale Evans - paid
Jim Haas - paid
William Bateman - paid
Gaye Hanley - paid
Tim White - paid
Michael Russell - paid
Mark Laszlo - paid
Brad Verd & Amy Amerson - paid
John Abell - paid
Bud Staples - paid
Phil Reed - paid
Jeff Reid - paid
Jim Collins - paid
George Carter - paid
Russ Kilby - paid
Charles Jackson - paid
Bob Wilson - paid
Scott Heidt
Mike Holderness, Jr.
Mike Holderness, Sr. - paid
Ron Camillone
Mike Blair - paid
David Wood
Bob Sindelar
Dwight Jeckel
Bill Nagy
Jody Staples

What a party! Call me with anything (941) 815-0040. BY THE WAY - I have rooms booked at the Hyatt with names from some people who have never sent a registration. Does that sound right?? I am confused. If you are coming - CALL ME!!!!!

Tidbart... I'll be checking in Thursday evening - you'll owe me a drink!

ChromeGorilla
10-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey Miller...I don't know what the hell your talking about..... :biggrin.:

MikeMiller
10-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Watch your tone, young man! You talk to your mother with that mouth?!

I'm talking about the map you posted with the hand drawn arrow to the 10th street docks. No matter. It's all good.

MikeMiller
10-06-2005, 12:26 AM
All right - all you Donzi Freaks....

Here are the boats coming. I am putting names to the slips for the Hyatt's dockmaster, so.... if this list is incorrect TELL ME ASAP!!

Staples - z25
Rubin - F23
Russell - 22zx
Runge - 22zx
Camillone - 22zx
Blair - 22zx
Hanley - 18c
Laszlo - 18c
Donzi (2)
Holderness - 38zx
Holderness - 38zr
White - 38 zx
Abell - 33zx
Taylor - 16c
Nagy - 16c
Kilby - 16c
Heidt - Hornet
Carter - Minx
Evans - Minx
Griffith - Minx
Haas - Criterion
Staples 22c
Reed - 22c
Collins - 22c
Jackson - 22c
Bateman - 22bh
Sindelar - 22c

Pretty impressive, huh. So sorry ChromeGorilla can't make it. :biggrin.:

Let me know ASAP of any changes.

PAPA MIKE - OUT!

ChromeGorilla
10-06-2005, 12:37 AM
Hey...where the hell is Baxters name.... he ain't bringin the sardine barge is he? :biggrin.:

MikeMiller
10-06-2005, 12:41 AM
hmmmm..... good question. And what's this about someone maybe bringing a Formula instead of their Donzi??? What's the world coming to?

I picked a bad year to quit smoking crack!

I gave up cocaine year's ago... but I still like the smell of it!

Cuda
10-06-2005, 06:36 AM
I may bring the 302 Formula instead, especially if we are running to Gators. I've been across that bay enough times to know it's a whole lot smoother ride in a thirty footer. :)

gcarter
10-06-2005, 07:36 AM
So where is Gators?.............asked the guy from the center of the state!

rumshaker2
10-06-2005, 08:28 AM
Someone did mention a Formula.....This is a DONZI rally.....am I right? :cartman:

Cuda
10-06-2005, 08:41 AM
So where is Gators?.............asked the guy from the center of the state!
George, it's on John's Pass on the Treasure Island side, between TI and Maderia Beach. I've been there many times, nice docks, and usually someone there to help tie up. I've seen as many as 70 boats rafted off there at a poker run.

Cuda
10-06-2005, 08:43 AM
Someone did mention a Formula.....This is a DONZI rally.....am I right? :cartman:
Keep on me, and I'll bring both! :)

Budmann
10-06-2005, 09:36 AM
Cuda, Gators docks have shrunk quite a bit. You can now only tie up maybe 5 boats. I would suggest everyone bring lots of dock lines and fenders (not bumpers) :cistineb:
It is also usually ruff in the pass with a pretty strong current, so bring your "A" docking game! :confused: :confused: :confused:

Team Jefe
10-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Keep on me, and I'll bring both! :)

Ms. Rumshaker is right Joe...so bring both. I can help with the Minx or the t'irty footer...which ever one Deb is on :biggrin:

And I see "Staples -z25"...finally some semblance of normalcy Fishboy is in the house

Cuda
10-06-2005, 05:35 PM
I don't think the Staples Z25 will be there, but the Staples 22C will be there.

Cuda
10-06-2005, 05:35 PM
Ms. Rumshaker is right Joe...so bring both. I can help with the Minx or the t'irty footer...which ever one Deb is on :biggrin:

Does she need to purchase a red bikini? :rlol:

Cuda
10-06-2005, 05:37 PM
, so bring your "A" docking game! :confused: :confused: :confused:
On second thought, maybe I'll leave the surface drive boat at home. :(

Budmann
10-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Cuda, update... Fishboy w/z25 will be there Sat. Spoke to him today adn he is going to meet us after lunch out in the gulf. He will be coming out of Blind Pass and he hopes to get some good pics of all of us tearing down the Gulf of Mexico. :outtahere :outtahere :outtahere :outtahere

Cuda
10-06-2005, 05:47 PM
I asked Fish last night if he was coming, and he said he had an obligation Saturday morning he couldn't get out of. Cool that he's meeting us afterwards.

BUIZILLA
10-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Tell me more about this lunch trip... as in how long? and where? any maps to post ? if the weather kicks up, are the wives going to get their asses kicked on our toys? this is gonna be a busy weekend coming up, as neither Poodle's or my Critter is running as of today... oy vay :eek:

Budmann
10-06-2005, 06:03 PM
Big Jim... nice to hear you chime in. Blind Pass is the main pass in St. Pete just about 7 miles North of Pass-a-Grill Pass.

There are several boat ramps around there. The best one is probably the public ramp behind the Veteran's Hospital. (sorry I don't know the name). I will see if Fish knows it and post later.

If I had to guess lunch will probably last a couple of hours. Gator's is the largest waterside bar on the Westcoast so we will be there a while :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Donzi Jodi says if you show up you will get a big kiss!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

BUIZILLA
10-06-2005, 06:09 PM
thanx Bmann... can someone post an overview map from the Hyatt to this bar, when going by boat? Jodi owes me a pic :crossfing :smileybo: , bring your camera :cool:

Budmann
10-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Jim, she says ...Deal!! She also said something about "she doesn't think you could hit bottom, but she's sure you could bang hell out of the sides"! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

BUIZILLA
10-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Bud, I have LOTS of rope and *docking* fenders.... :umbrella: there isn't a slip I haven't filled yet :shades:

JH

thinking I really need to bring the Scarab now...

ChromeGorilla
10-06-2005, 06:40 PM
Man...you guys are starting to sound like pansies...... SEADOGS went out in in record conditions during angel aid...... even russ in the 16..... and LastTango in his 18........ Formula's...Scarabs...... any Donzi's going? :confused: ;)

MikeMiller
10-06-2005, 06:43 PM
Okay... here is a wide angle map of how we get to Gators. I will have detailed maps at the Rally.

We will go North out of Sarasota Bay and into Tampa Bay.

The red line shows where we enter the Bay. The Skyway Bridge will be to our East. The smaller boats can break off and go due north through some no wake zones and get to Gators in about 45 minutes from the Hyatt. Other boats can choose to go West and get there in about 20-35 minutes - maybe less.

We did this run the first year of the rally in Sarasota and the 16 classic owners found it a bit rough (but it was more the ladies - understandably -When you're not driving its always rougher). The other boats enjoyed it immensely.

Maybe someone can chime in from that year's run and give their opinion.

The yellow circle is where the roughest part is - of course this all depends on the weather. Sometimes its pretty smooth - other times its rough. Ya know what I mean? Sure ya do.

I hope this helps.

Budmann
10-06-2005, 06:48 PM
Chrome... my thoughts EXACTLY!!!! I can't remember the last time I put a wrench on my baby. Let's see... change oil... check! fill gas tank...check! fill cooler...check! escort beautiful redhead...CHECK!!!!! :eek: :eek: :smileybo: :smileybo: :smileybo:

MikeMiller
10-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Chrome... you must have a death wish! Luv your style!

RickyR
10-06-2005, 06:54 PM
I looked at a chart, and it seems to be about 35 miles??? Other than the Skyway Bridge, (I know it's big) any of them fixed with low clearances? :eek!: Don't wanna hurt my top.:wrench:

If it's nice, maybe we can blast up the beach.. I hate No Wake Zones...
I'm usually the slow poke in the group, :banghead: so going offshore may allow me to get there about the same time as the rest of you guys..
Ricky...seeya...

Budmann
10-06-2005, 07:01 PM
R.R... I doubt anyone is running inside. The run from Sota to Gator's is allot of fun! WOT says it best!!! :moped: :moped: :moped: :moped:

pmreed
10-06-2005, 07:33 PM
I broke the seat on my boat on that run. Going up was rough in spots, mostly where we hit confused seas near inlets. The run back,outside, was much smoother.

Phil