PDA

View Full Version : GLM Manifolds on OMC

onesubdrvr
03-01-2005, 04:36 PM
OK,....

I am going to be installing cast iron GLM's on the engine SOON (i hope), and am confused as to plumbing.

My current manifold have the water inlet at the manifold, and then goes up to riser and out.

The GLM's have 2 plugs on the manifold on either side of the riser.

I am using Mercruiser SS risers that have a hose barb on them (my OMC's do not)

So, how do I hook these up? just 1 hose from the thermostat housing to the risers? or do I need a jumper hose from the riser to the manifold?

Thanks in advance,
Wayne

MOP
03-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Wayne what I did when I set up my kids motor was to use thr rubber caps on the riser out lets and hooked the water to the bottom manifold fitting, the water flows through the manifold and up through the riser and out. You have no need for the extra hose connection, that was for the relief balls in the Merc Tstat housing.

Phil

onesubdrvr
03-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Phil,

Thanks, it makes sense now,......

Any idea where to get rubber caps? HomeDepot? WestMarine?

Thanks
Wayne

MOP
03-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Phil,

Thanks, it makes sense now,......

Any idea where to get rubber caps? HomeDepot? WestMarine?

Thanks
Wayne

Wayne find an OMC dealer he should have some, I am not sure who else had them. There are two sizes bring a hunk os hose that fits with you.

knots2u
03-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Are the plugs threaded or pressed in expansion plugs? If threaded take out the forward plug on each manifold and run a short section of hose up to the riser.

onesubdrvr
03-02-2005, 04:31 PM
Are the plugs threaded or pressed in expansion plugs? If threaded take out the forward plug on each manifold and run a short section of hose up to the riser.
They actually look more sweated in, or part of the casting, and they are not threaded, just barbed. I had thought about tapping 3/8 NPT and installing brass plug, but I like the rubber cap idea better.
Another thought though, if I were to run a hose from 1 side to the other, how would that work? would I risk starving one side for water?

Wayne