Catch 22 and Gina
Cuda and Debbie (iffy)
Boat Crazy
Jack, Brandon
ChromeGorilla + ????
Rustnrot
Last Tango + 3??
Sweet 66

So Far, that is potentially 33. The room that I reserved will accomodate 50 people +-. I have to shore up the figure about a week ahead of time, so get your name on the list.

Thanks everyone.

Bob

Cuda
03-01-2005, 07:01 AM
What time are you figuring for lunch. The reason I ask is that Deb has bike class, but should get out around 1 pm that day.

pmreed
03-01-2005, 08:09 AM
I'll be there, Bob. My daughter may also be in town, but she hasn't firmed up her travel plans yet.

Phil

Tidbart
03-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Cuda,
We planned on around 12:00 for lunch, but we should be there a while.

B

ChromeGorilla
03-01-2005, 02:43 PM
Tidbart, CG with Michelle in tow.... :)

Tidbart
03-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Phil and daughter
CG and Michelle

That makes 36, so far. Keep them coming. :smile:

Bob

Tomahawk
03-03-2005, 06:51 AM
We'll be there. (Tom and June.) Look for a woody inscribed "Slow Dancing." Joe and Deb Prussiano will also be on hand for lunch Saturday with their Grand Craft "Then & Now." It's a whole new (old?) world! See you guys there.

Fish boy
03-03-2005, 07:04 AM
Look for a woody inscribed "Slow Dancing." .

Hold on, just what kind of event is this going to be?? Mark me as tenative until we get this cleared up. LOL :rlol:

gcarter
03-03-2005, 07:50 AM
:wavey: :jestera: You're right Fish!!!
Before you know it, this will turn into a caravan of 'toon boats! :rlol: :boggled:

BUIZILLA
03-03-2005, 08:06 AM
Welp, it appears I may be able to make it after all. I backed out of my planned Tahoe ski trip for that weekend cause I twisted a knee recently... I'll advise my plans shortly, but it looks like a GO for me.

JH :garfield:

Tidbart
03-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Tom and June
Joe and Deb
Buizilla

Stepped Bottom
03-06-2005, 08:32 PM
Abel family 2 adults and 3 kids.

catch 22
03-07-2005, 04:37 AM
Bob, My parents will be going with us.(2). I will find out today if Mike+Lori (Baby donzi)are going. Jim :wavey:

Tidbart
03-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Ok,
The Abel Family 5
Catch 22's parents, 2 more

That's potentially 48 so far.

Gator's has 55 limit in the back room. Looks like there will be some overflow.

Bob :yes: :beer:

Stepped Bottom
03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Poodle,

Who said that I was taking Donnie? :tongue:

Darla

catch 22
03-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Bob, Mike + Lori (Baby Donzi) are in. 2 more. Jim :wavey:

pmreed
03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Bob, my daughter's out. Her plane doesn't get in 'til late afternoon :frown:

Phil

Tidbart
03-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Sorry to hear that, Phil

That brings us to 49. :biggrin.:

Bob

Last Tango
03-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Reconfirming I will definitely be a party of 5, plus one very cute cocker spaniel named Katy. She was there last year as well. She loves the boat! She's not my dog, but she could be, if she if she wanted to be.

Tidbart
03-10-2005, 12:52 PM
OK Mark
That's 50!
B

BUIZILLA
03-10-2005, 01:10 PM
Bob, add Janice with me

SWEET 66
03-10-2005, 04:02 PM
WOW!!

How many Donzi's is that?

Tidbart
03-11-2005, 06:46 AM
Great Jim, I didn't think you would be alone.
That's 51 so far.

I spoke with the restaraunt, yesterday. They remembered me from when I made the reservation in December. That's a good start. LOL

Everyone will be responsible for their own bills. Sorry I can't get the tab for this one. :biggrin:

For those who haven't attended before or those who don't know where the Crazy Gator is, I have attached a map with the proposed route in a Word Document format.

ONE WEEK AWAY! Hope I get my boat done. :biggrin:

Bob

Cuda
03-11-2005, 06:55 AM
Bob, what are you doing to your boat? Mine had BETTER be done. I took it to him before Gasparilla. :banghead:

Tidbart
03-11-2005, 07:31 AM
Cuda,
I have been doing my spring clean-up. Nothing mechanical.

The time has come to wet sand it and that is very time consuming. I guess there is no easy way around it. 600, 800, 1000, 1500, rubbing compound, prepolish, polish, 2 coats of wax. Not having done this before, mainly due to fact that I could never get past the fear of putting sand paper to a finish, I didn't really have a grasp of the time it takes.

Boat will be there, finished or not. I just want it to look good.

Bob

Stepped Bottom
03-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Bob,

Thanks so much for setting this up, we missed last year and had engine troubles the year before so we had to miss lunch so we are so looking forward to this.
Is there a set time and place to meet Saturday for lunch?

Stepped Bottom
03-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Never mind, I just read the map all the info is there.

gcarter
03-15-2005, 07:45 AM
One more helpful piece of info, a good landmark for the restaurant is the band shell on the shore of Lakie Eustis. This can be seen all the way across the lake. Crazy Gators is located just North of it.
Nice map Bob!

Cuda
03-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Cuda,
I have been doing my spring clean-up. Nothing mechanical.

The time has come to wet sand it and that is very time consuming. I guess there is no easy way around it. 600, 800, 1000, 1500, rubbing compound, prepolish, polish, 2 coats of wax. Not having done this before, mainly due to fact that I could never get past the fear of putting sand paper to a finish, I didn't really have a grasp of the time it takes.

Boat will be there, finished or not. I just want it to look good.

Bob

Did you try aquabuff on it? You'd be amazed on what it will do. I have a high speed buffer if you want to try it.

Tidbart
03-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Cuda
I have closet full of polishes and compounds, I wasn't about to go buy another. Besides, the transom really needed a good working and I don't think any chemical would have done the trick.
I have a Porter Cable polisher, works well. Thanks anyway.

B

Budmann
03-15-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm out!! :banghead: :banghead: Work has again gotten in the way.

sorry... Want to plan a Suwannee trip in June.

Will post something in amonth or two.

Fish boy
03-16-2005, 07:06 AM
Duuuuuuude, say it aint so!!!!! I promise I won't slow down and hit you with my rooster tail ;) LOL Seriously, that sux!!! 100% out or is there a chance it might change?

Budmann
03-16-2005, 12:09 PM
100%!!!! I have N.C. D.O.C. coming down for a all day visit and then I have to fly up to Maryland on Sunday for Mon. a.m. meeting.

BabyDonzi
03-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Lori and I are in! :wavey:

Fish boy
03-17-2005, 09:06 AM
100%!!!! I have N.C. D.O.C. coming down for a all day visit and then I have to fly up to Maryland on Sunday for Mon. a.m. meeting.

Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you can make the next one. Won't be the same without you.

fish

Fish boy
03-17-2005, 09:59 AM
All kidding aside, you will be missed. See you at the next one!!

Please send your towrope with Fish.. Kinda like Linus, he needs a security blanket :D :D

Good idea, never know when I might need to help "someone" out that is having motor problems LOL ;) :D

Budmann
03-17-2005, 10:34 AM
M.P.... N.C. is going to be here all day Friday. The only day I would have would be Sat. and that a haul for one day of boating.

I am thinking of spending my birthday (june 16th) on the suwannee. Maybe we can plan a Donzi get together on the weekend of the 18th??

Whata think?

onesubdrvr
03-17-2005, 07:27 PM
Well, due to the crappy weather today (:umbrella: ), I don't think I'm going to make
it to Dora, unfortunately there is just too much to do. I had considered coming up just for lunch on Saturday, but with church / etc sunday, I REALLY need the
Saturday to get the boat done - Tomorrow is just too short, and there is just too much to do!! All little stuff but it all takes time.

I'm really disappointed but I guess, as they say, we'll get 'um next time.

Tip one back for me and enjoy the run.

PS, if anyone has Good Friday off, and is interested in maybe getting together down this way (Sebastian) for a run, drop me a line. As of right now, I'm hoping to get the boat in the water after church this Sunday, and am looking at spending the days on the water all next weekend.

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
03-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Heck, next thing ya know Fishboy's boat will make it to an engagement and back without breaking!! ;) ;)

Hey MP look what I saw this morning! He finally drifted all the way back from Crazy Gators! :biggrin:

Last Tango
03-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Hey, if you look closely at the back of his seat you will see the huge TV screen he installed for DVD's and MP3's. In keeping with the law, only the back seaters can watch while the boat is underway. He installed two even bigger screens on the seat backs in his pick-up truck as well, although the effect is a little harder to enjoy since it is a club cab... :tv: :banghead:

Thursday :chillpill :stan: :umbrella:
Friday :cool: :umbrella:
Saturday :cool: :beer: :lobster:
Sunday :outtahere

Cuda
03-20-2005, 08:08 PM
When Fish left my place this morning, he didn't have to sling any wrenches before he left. He said it ran great all weekend. He was a bit worried about his truck making the pull home though. :(

abelchinewalker
03-21-2005, 07:56 AM
That makes the second year we missed lunch due to fuel problems. Two years ago we had a problem with the carb, this year we ended up with 3/4 of a tank of fuel in the bilge. Thankfully, for some unknown reason my auto bilge pump did not kick on, well actually I think God was holding the float switch down. Looks like it's time to pull the deck and finally restore the boat. Sorry we missed all the fun, but fortunatley everything turned out ok and our kids still have parents. Even though I hate it when Darla is right, I'll listen next time she says she smells fuel.

Donnie

Last Tango
03-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Donnie, sorry you had such trouble so early in the day. But look at the bright side...
1. you were towed back by a really cool boat
2. you will soon have a brand new fuel tank
3. nobody in the boat felt the need to light up

gcarter
03-21-2005, 10:08 AM
Well Donnie, having been there, and done that, replacing the tank is pretty easy. Also RDS makes a mighty fine tank.
P.S.
I still have some coal tar epoxy to seal it with.

abelchinewalker
03-21-2005, 10:11 AM
Mark,

Thanks. When you passed us in the Dora Canal, I was a little stressed, but you're right:
1. it was a cool boat to have two me back(in the 8 years I've been going to Mt Dora that was the first time I've ever seen that boat not doing at least 80mph)
2. I'm excited about doing a total restoration, I've been putting it off for so long, but it's time.
3. My wife quit smoking a year and a half ago.

Donnie