PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day at DONZI

Speed-Racer
02-28-2005, 09:29 PM
Not a good day to be at DONZI, today when some guy just walks through the plant with a shot-gun, with plans to kill people... :eek:

Last Tango
02-28-2005, 09:34 PM
Is this on the news or a website or something?

pmreed
02-28-2005, 09:39 PM
I Googled it and got nothing. Tell us more Brandon.

Phil

MrsDigger
02-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Wasn't as bad as it sounds...

Man enters business with rifleBRADENTON - A 45-year-old Davie man was arrested by Manatee County Sheriff's deputies Monday afternoon after he went to his estranged wife's place of business armed with a rifle.

According to a MCSO report, Anthony 'Tony' Clements walked into the Donzi Marine location at 7110 21st St. East at approximately noon. The suspect was carrying a loaded rifle and told witnesses he wanted to talk to his wife.

A Donzi employee confronted Clements and was able to take the gun away from him without shots being fired. Several other employees helped subdue the suspect. Clements was tied up and held until deputies arrived.

He is currently being questioned by investigators and charges against him are pending. In 1996 Clements was arrested by MCSO on a domestic battery charge, but the case was dropped.

Those nautical knot-tying classes really pay off...I'd have used duct tape on the guy--hurts more when you take it off, I hear.

Fish boy
03-01-2005, 07:22 AM
I think it was a very lucky day at donzi. No one was hurt badly, good people did the right thing, and from the looks of the booking photo, ole' boy got beat down ;)

Newspaper link (http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/11018171.htm)

I think many of you will be really surprised when you find out what they eventually charge the guy with (based on the facts in the paper).

Donzi Kat
03-01-2005, 10:05 AM
That is wild, and i agree it was a good day that no one was hurt....:eek:

McGary911
03-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Wow. Close one there. Glad no one was hurt (except for gun-weilding-crazy). Donzi in the news is cool, but not for this. Florida guys....keep us updated on how this one plays out.

Funny, there was a shooting at a radio station 1 block from my work. The shooter tried to car jack a snow plow as a getaway car :rolleyes:. Seems shots fly about every 8 months at this place. LINK TO STORY (http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_030105_hot97.html)

joseph m. hahnl
03-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Yup! Thank you fot another day of life! :party:

RickyR
03-03-2005, 06:19 PM
I wonder if they used some of that nice new lines they are giving away? Might make a good souvenir...:uzi:

Ricky...seeya...

Craig S
03-04-2005, 10:28 AM
Was it another warranty issue?:bonk:

Jamesbon
03-04-2005, 06:26 PM
Glad everyone's okay...

Mr X
03-04-2005, 10:20 PM
Much more! :yes:

Fish boy
03-07-2005, 07:51 AM
Was it another warranty issue?:bonk:

Nope.

and there is more to the story....

BUIZILLA
03-07-2005, 07:57 AM
I've had enough of this *there's more to the story*...

just what is THE story??

JH :confused:

ChromeGorilla
03-09-2005, 07:25 AM
I've had enough of this *there's more to the story*...

just what is THE story??

JH :confused:

Jim is right. Until we hear the "rest of the story" you're gonna get speculations, wise cracks and such. If someone would just lay it out it would probably be done with and we could get back to our resularly scheduled program :boggled:

BUIZILLA
03-09-2005, 08:05 AM
It involved an *unhappy* ex-employee, for whatever reason. Just let's let it go, and get on with life...

JH :wink:

Fish boy
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
they were estranged, he was living on the other coast, so there were most likely already problems in their relationship, maybe he figured that is where he could find her, who knows. Guess we will just have to wait to find out what facts surface, but until then Buizilla is right we should move on. the public info is public, and if there is anything else, there may be a reason it is not posted. The important thing is that no one was hurt, so lets get back to boating (or boating envy for you northerners LOL). :D