PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new website.

f_inscreenname
02-27-2005, 09:11 PM
Thought it was time to put some of what I know in print. Check it out and let me know what you think.
www.supernova19.com (http://www.supernova19.com)

Thanks
Mark

vrod02
02-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Blue! your my boy!!!!:D :D :D

vrod02
02-27-2005, 10:44 PM
Lots of neat info Mark! Looks like you spent alot of time on this. Maybe you will be "knighted" with more from the powers that be! ;)

Mercrewser
02-27-2005, 11:02 PM
Nice job. Told Ya it was a Brownie boat! Those Allmand guys.........:rolleyes:

vrod02
02-27-2005, 11:22 PM
Nice job. Told Ya it was a Brownie boat! Those Allmand guys.........:rolleyes:

WTF! :shocking: This icon says it all!

Mercrewser
02-28-2005, 01:58 PM
WTF! :shocking: This icon says it all! Little confused on that one. Any who, have you seen this site yet? http://www.ultimate.com/omc-boats/cole.html

Craig S
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
fwiw, I did a google search with "Nova Marine Brownie" I also tried "supernova boat"and couldn't trigger it. I don't know how that works, but it would be good if anyone was typing in some non-wellcraft nova keywords, that your site would show.
Craig

Mercrewser
02-28-2005, 04:55 PM
Man, I'd really like to own that Sprint. Still thinking about it. :smile: Someday someone is going to come across an old supernova in a boat yard, fall in love and drag it home. Then, when beginning the resto, they're gonna stumble onto Marks site and that wealth of info and be eternally gratefull.

f_inscreenname
02-28-2005, 05:07 PM
I listed with a bunch of different search engines. It just takes awhile for them to go thru. I know MSN has the default page up now but if you follow the link it will take you there. But then Yahoo said it could take up to several weeks. I plan on keeping it for awhile so it will get there.

By the way Craig, you are mentioned in a round about way on the Nova Marine page. If you don't mind I would like to mention you by name but it is up to you. Also I have a good picture of that NOVA 24 I will put it on the “Lost and Found” page. Again it is up to you.

Anyone with a 19 or 24 Nova Marine or ALLMAND Super Nova’s I need your pictures!!!

f_inscreenname
02-28-2005, 05:22 PM
Hey Merc

Just the reason it was done. When I was trying to redo mine I didn't know what was factory and what was add on’s and then there was the stuff missing. I just had nothing. I searched and searched and even got a hold of Todd Allmand a year into it and he basically had nothing for me. I figure he plain out didn't know. Any way he must agree with the ALLMAND page. I sent him the web site and he said he would link it to his web page. I don't know his reasoning being they only built Brownies boat for one year but he sure seems to like it. Thanks for your help.

Craig S
03-01-2005, 09:21 AM
No problem. I will copy what period stuff I have and send it to you this week. Be good.

f_inscreenname
03-01-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks Craig. You name is there so look for that flood of questions.:rlol: Also any info you have would help. Everyone is tight lipped around here about the subject. Hell Brownie thinks of us as and I quote him “ I also have a few kids around the world that I don't claim.” I am sorry to say that seems weird to me. I grew up on the water off the coast of Maine. There seemed like there was a boat builder (mostly wood) at every 5th dock and they were all more then happy spending hours telling me everything that I asked. They were also not very shy about putting me to work. I would do it for free because I thought it was cool and interesting. Then the same thing happened when I moved to Maryland at 10 years old. I got hooked up with to this day, best friend gear head (now runs his own performance shop) and we started building cars before we even had drivers licensees. When I dropped out of a Catholic high school between 11th and 12th grade (mom was proud but always new I was not the classroom type, she would later tell me “that's why I put in that school, 11th grade by there standards was like the first year in collage, I knew your school years were going to be limited”). I had to go to work and ended up in the building trades, again working with my hands. I have mainly done floor work over those years but when work got slow I would jump into a different trade. I am telling you all this because most people will talk your ear off about there craft (that's how I learned to do everything by myself) but not about the NOVA. Short of losing 30 years off of my life and if I would have been around that area at the time. You would have found me milling around one of the boat yards and probably for free just for the learning experience.

All this talk about work got me thinking. Is there still a patent on the Nova19. I would love to go into the boat building business (my dream job) and that would be a great place to start.:idea:

Oh..Craig did you buy your boat new or do you know how much it originally cost?

Craig S
03-03-2005, 08:13 AM
ok, i have the following ready to send to you:

early Rudder full page ad showing 3 vews of partially completed 24 and the Super Nova race boat. titled FROM ANY ANGLE NOVA'S WHAT'S NEW.

Rudder Dec 1968 Test of the Nova 24, 5 pages

May 1970 full page ad from Boating...SOUL DEEP. Illustrates 19 on the inside of 24. "When man conceives a boat, builds her by hand to be the world's finest, unique in performance and design: NOVA 19 NOVA 24

March 15, 1969 Standard Equipment list for Nova 24

March 15, 1969 Retail Price List for Nova 24

MotorBoating February 1970 MIAMI'S GLAMOUR BOATS (which you have) showing 5 photos of the 24. PLEASE NOTE THE FORMULA PIC IS MISIDENTIFIED...it is a (drum roll please) NOVA 24

I have not made a copy for you yet of the brochure - 4page fold out - of the 1969? 24.

Donzi Board: I ran across the Jim Martenoff Rudder test of the Donzi 28. You guys have that, don't you?

Craig

Mercrewser
03-04-2005, 08:41 AM
http://www.ablboats.com/result3.asp

f_inscreenname
03-04-2005, 02:43 PM
http://www.ablboats.com/result3.asp

I tried to email but it was sent back to me. I will try the phone # over the week end.

Thanks buddy.

f_inscreenname
03-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Lots of updates and changes to the site www.supernova19.com (http://www.supernova19.com) . If you have time check it out.

Merc; We got a hold of the seller. There will be more to follow about it but for now it is hush, hush.
Thanks Bud