PDA

View Full Version : Fishboat lives!!!

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 01:22 PM
Its alive, alive I tell you!! The fish boat lives, with a few more ponies under the cowl I might add :) no more tow ropes, massive tool boxes, getting up early before an event slinging wrenches (thanks for the picture of that one cuda LOL). From now on the only things I will work on while on the fishboat will be my tan and my buzz ;)

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Decided to add some setback to try to get the motor into cleaner water and move the center of gravity back a bit to try to get the bow up. Built a transom plate to add extra strength to support to the transom. It is sitting 10" back form the hull now. Might be too much, but since I am not aware of any others who have done this on a fish boat (to ask), I guess I will be the guinea pig.

Fish boy
hanging the motor...

Fish boy
rigged the cables (fuel, oil, steering, throttle, and a bunch of other crap), and trying to convert it to a MUCH newer motor was a bit of a challenge, but most of the bugs are worked out now.

Ran it on a hose already and it sounds beefy (althought nothing like way-lo or mighty mouse).

THis crappy weather is killing me!!!!!

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2005, 01:26 PM
Way to go Fishboy! For as fun as it is bustin your nuts over breakdowns, we'd rather be seeing pics of your ride cruisin along side at events. Grats holmes! You coming up to Jax for the PR in April?

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Way to go Fishboy! For as fun as it is bustin your nuts over breakdowns, we'd rather be seing pics of your ride cruisin along side at events. Grats holmes! You coming up to Jax for the PR in April?

LOL, well I think I am a long way from being able to run along side most of you, but I will be happy if you gouys don't have to wait too long for me to catch up. Of course no one will be as happy as budmann, since I used to use his gas on the way back to the dock ;) LOL

Still up in the air about Jax in April, but trying to work it out.

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 01:55 PM
then again, if I really needed to get along side someone.... but then I would probably end up on the quiet end of a tow-rope. LOL :D

man, I never realized how big the fishboat is until now. :eek!:

Cuda
02-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Looking good Fish! Are you bringing that or the rocket to Dora?

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 02:43 PM
dunno yet. Most likely I will bring the fishboat- it holds more people, more beverages, and most importantly, it is a donzi!!! :D

Eugene Nahemow
02-27-2005, 03:02 PM
I love the look of your boat.
I need to find one of these so I can play around in San Francisco Bay.

RickyR
02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
Good going.. Nice new engine too. What prop are you going to try?? I have been seriously looking at the high five's. It looks like a 19" pitch is where I need to be. I ran a 21" Stiletto, and it was too much, so I'm going to experiment with a few soon.
You really need to come to Jax for the PR. I need another "clamp-on" there, so the Donzi guys won't make too much fun of me..
Enjoy the new toy..
Ricky....

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
thanks eugene, I love the boat, and if SF bay is choppy, this is boat will be right at home! they are few and far between, but what a great boat!!! If you ever get to the point where you are thinking about buying one, give me a holler and I will answer any questions if you have any.

Ricky, I have a 19p turbo that I am starting with. I have always liked the turbos in terms of bowlift and they don't blow out as much in my experience. Wont know if it is the right prop until I get the motor broken in, but i will definitely let you know how it runs and where I am heading next if it does not work out the way I think it will.

fish

gcarter
02-27-2005, 04:43 PM
Jody, you're the egg-beater king!!!!
Great looking work.
Good luck with it.

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2005, 04:47 PM
but then I would probably end up on the quiet end of a tow-rope. LOL

Speaking of the STV how is it. Any gremlins still lurking or is she ready to go?

p729lws
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Good looking motor Fish! :party: :party: :party:

Dan

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 06:09 PM
Speaking of the STV how is it. Any gremlins still lurking or is she ready to go?

Hey CG,
Not sure I will ever get rid of all of them, I must have broken a mirror or something. :smash: THe motor is in many pieces right now. Had it all back together and ready to run (hopin for more speed), and before I got a chance to get it wet, I took it all back apart again to put some bigger parts on. If a little speed is good, then more speed is better! :superman: It should be all back togehter hopefully by tomorrow night so I can get some testing done before the shootout this coming weekend.

I actually need to start taking it out instead of figuring out more ways to make it faster- at this rate it will constantly be apart and never get a chance to leave me stranded on the water ;) LOL

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 06:22 PM
thanks Dan, I apprceciate it the compliment.

George, I guess there are worse things to be the king of... just can't think of any right now ;)LOL :rlol:

gcarter
02-27-2005, 07:19 PM
[QUOTE=

George, I guess there are worse things to be the king of... just can't think of any right now ;)LOL :rlol:[/QUOTE]
King of the unpaid parking tickets
King of tax evaders
King of tow rope collecting

:)

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 07:28 PM
those definitely would be worse, I feel so much better now about being king of the eggbeaters. :beer:

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Beats being the king of the strap on.. oh wait, that's clamp on isn;t it???
and this from a guy with two of them on his boat?:rlol:
ha! :jestera:

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 08:53 PM
And a spare in the garage....

ooops, did I admit that out loud??? :umbrella:

guilty too :)

Team Jefe
03-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Way to go Fish....Gald the 23 is back in action. I'm having the go slow period on Jefe's Revenge done by Krakmeup While I'm In Europe. She should be ready for Full Speed when I get back.

The Guys at HoleShot Marine did a grat job.

olredalert
03-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Fish,

-------At least theres one center console in the water!!!! Is your comment about bad weather supposed to make us northerners feel better or worse? Sitting here looking out the window at about four inches of fresh snow (and still falling), my feelings are decidedly mixed. Keep us informed on your performance.......Bill S

-------P.S. Theres a 23 down on Lake St.Clair that sits in a well all summer and never seems to go out. Seems such a shame. Doesnt look quite as nice as yours though, Fish.

Fish boy
03-01-2005, 06:58 PM
thanks jefe,
going to get her wet tomorrow for the first time WoooHooo! Glad the revenge is on her way back too, its about fishing weather!!

Hey Bill,
did not mean to make anyone feel bad (beter is ok though :) ) I guess it is all relative when there is snow on the ground, so I have nothing to complain about. That is a shame about the 23 that just sits, Going to do everything in my power not to let that happen to me :D

I will let you all know how it goes... unless budmann puts up pict again of him towing me in LOL

florida gator
03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Great looking boat. I like the center consoles.

Fish boy
03-01-2005, 08:29 PM
thanks gator, I really appreciate the compliment. She's my baby :)