PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Engine Latch Spring...?

Dr. Dan
02-27-2005, 08:15 AM
:smash: Well not that it's been a huge deal ...but a couple years ago the original Spring Bit the Big Weenie! So I need another...anyone have any ideas....any one good friends with a Director of Engineering of AMH Govt. or anything...or maybe a Yard Boy who can actually steel me one of these when no one is looking?(Kidding)

Seriously, it would be nice to have it stay snug....I tend to run a bit harder anyway after the Quadruple Engine ByPass Surgery Last Spring!...

How do I get one....please don't suggest calling Donzi, I have done that, I have emailed, and it's still as responsive as Cliff in a Snickers Factory! :rlol:

Doc :smash:

gcarter
02-27-2005, 08:23 AM
How about your fellow Pennsylvanian Jamie?

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2005, 08:54 AM
and it's still as responsive as Cliff in a Snickers Factory

thats way wrong ...... :biggrin:

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Damn Cliffy, you aint gettin no love today....... us husky dudes need to stick together.. ;)

Dan I heard first place for the Angel Aid PR is a new latch spring
...... :wavey:

Richard McCoy
03-01-2005, 06:57 PM
On the latch there must be a number or letters. If they are on the latch, post them and I will look for who made the latch or if out of business look for who is now making the part. Donzi could not supply you with a part no.? They should have a list of every item used in the fab. of every boat that was shipped from their factory.

MOP
03-01-2005, 08:34 PM
Doc if one don`t turn up soon, what you can try is what I did on a similar twist lock. I took apart a Radiator pressure cap and took the S/S spring out and used it. I did have to stretch it just a tad but it worked great.

Phil

BERTRAM BOY
03-02-2005, 08:05 AM
I've got no comeback...... I haven't had my 12th cup of coffee yet.......

boxy
03-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Fred Sanford would be proud .... :D

Ranman
03-02-2005, 09:53 AM
Doc,

Figure out what you need and order from McMaster Carr, MSC, Grainger or the like. They all carry tons of springs in both music wire and stainless steel. You will need a good idea regarding the length, ID/OD, wire diameter and number of coils. With a little measuring you could prolly guess and get close. Better yet, find another 22 that has the actual spring and measure it. If you get specs, but cannot find the spring, let me know, I work with spring manufacturers all the time and could probably scare one up as a sample. Hope this helps.

Air 22
03-02-2005, 10:49 AM
Hey Spring Boy.... :biggrin.: call me I have the phone number to the AMH-DONZI Director of Engineering GOD...he'll set ya straight ...or he'll build ya one ;)