PDA

View Full Version : Some more progress

Eugene Nahemow
02-26-2005, 05:00 PM
My 18 project stalled for awhile, but I have been making some headway lately. :banghead:
Rebuilt the drive and completed install.
Most of wiring done.
Interior complete.
Some final engine rigging needed.
Finish hatch mechanics and then will be ready to water test.
Trailer will be a summer job!

ChromeGorilla
02-26-2005, 06:50 PM
Wow, your boat looks great! Keep up the good work. :wrench:

BUIZILLA
02-26-2005, 07:19 PM
WOW !!!!

gcarter
02-26-2005, 07:58 PM
Eugene, you do nice work....... but then we knew that, didn't we.
Keep it up! :biggrin:

Cuda
02-26-2005, 08:53 PM
Fantastic! It looks up to your standards!

p729lws
02-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Eugene,
I searched your old posts to get some more info on your restoration. If I have this correct, you had a 18C and the magnum, then sold the 18C, bought the ski boat, bought another 18C and then sold the ski boat? :outtahere

Your work on the 18 is very cool! :cool:

What kind of lower unit do you have on the outdrive? Is it a 2" shorty IMCO on a bravo 1?

I have a 79 18' 2+3 with a 260HP Merc and a Gen I Alpha I. Been thinking about a 400-425HP SBC and Bravo I for this winter.
Dan

Eugene Nahemow
02-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Dan,
Pretty good there but you missed one! :biggrin:
I bought the Magnum first. Then I started restoring it. Needed something to use while I was working on the Magnum and an 18 Classic fell into my lap.
Great boat, hardly needed any work,
and for some insanely stupid reason I sold it! :bonk:
Then I bought a rocket to play with. (see photos)
Played with the Sanger for a season and sold it in the Fall.
Next season I bought the Keaton Ski boat. Fun boat for a season, again sold it in the Fall.
I was always kicking myself in the *ss for selling the Donzi, so I started to search for another. Since I had so much fun restoring the Magnum :rolleyes: , I decided to find a Classic to restore.
That was two years ago and I am almost finished with the Donzi. This boat I am never going to let get away from me.
Although, I am going to seriously start marketing the Magnum soon as I am thinking about another boat.
Oh, and if boats weren't enough, I decided to start on a car project! (1964 Impala SS)
Sounds about right for members of this forum, huh?
Yes, the drive is a Bravo with an Imco shorty on it, and the engine is producing about the same horepower that you are thinking of. I will let you know how it runs within the next month or two.

yeller
02-27-2005, 04:48 PM
Boat looks fantastic! I love the red bezels on guages. I saw your previous pics of the engine, but post a couple installed.

BTW, what did you use for paint?

p729lws
02-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Dan,
Pretty good there but you missed one! :biggrin:
I bought the Magnum first. Then I started restoring it. Needed something to use while I was working on the Magnum and an 18 Classic fell into my lap.
Great boat, hardly needed any work,
and for some insanely stupid reason I sold it! :bonk:
Then I bought a rocket to play with. (see photos)
Played with the Sanger for a season and sold it in the Fall.
Next season I bought the Keaton Ski boat. Fun boat for a season, again sold it in the Fall.
I was always kicking myself in the *ss for selling the Donzi, so I started to search for another. Since I had so much fun restoring the Magnum :rolleyes: , I decided to find a Classic to restore.
That was two years ago and I am almost finished with the Donzi. This boat I am never going to let get away from me.
Although, I am going to seriously start marketing the Magnum soon as I am thinking about another boat.
Oh, and if boats weren't enough, I decided to start on a car project! (1964 Impala SS)
Sounds about right for members of this forum, huh?
Yes, the drive is a Bravo with an Imco shorty on it, and the engine is producing about the same horepower that you are thinking of. I will let you know how it runs within the next month or two.

It's good to be able to afford toys! :rlol: My weekend sportscar is getting a few miles on it so its about time for a new car toy.

What gear ratio are you running in the drive? We'll need to discuss X-dimension once you see how she runs.
Dan

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 05:46 PM
Eugene, that is an absolutely incredible looking boat!!!! Love the outdrive!! Dang you guys set the bar high around here. :)

fish

Eugene Nahemow
02-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Yeller,
Here are some photos of the engine in boat. We are finalizing the rigging over the next 4 weeks hopefully. It's a matter of how much time I can get over to the shop.
The hull is red gel-coat. The top and the interior are paint. The white is BMW white. The red stripe is Hot Hues -Volcanic Blast (matches hull) and the pin striping on either side of the stripe is Hot Hues - Silva.

Dan,
Gear ratio is 1:50 on the Bravo. I did not change factory transom x-dimension cutout.

smoothie
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Lookin REAL good UG :cool: man that thing is going to fly! :checkered

McGary911
03-01-2005, 10:04 AM
Wow, that thing is looking great! Looks like it's really going to fly too. I'd send a copy of pic #2 to the sherriff, because I'll bet that's the closest he ever comes to it... ;)

Cant wait to hear how she runs.....

Eugene Nahemow
03-01-2005, 04:04 PM
Scott,
Spacers were from CMI. They are being sent out to be powder coated this week.
McGary,
Unfortunately he knows where I live, and usually makes a few passes by my house daily. :mad:
I did think about various ways I could screw with his the boat though. :wink:

yeller
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Damn...your engine compartment looks better than the outside of my boat :banghead:

Very, very nice Eugene.:yes: