PDA

View Full Version : Need a boat cover for a new 22 classic

VinV
02-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Anybody suggest a manufacturer that has an excellent boat cover for a new 22 Classic? Most regular manufacturers fall short so far.

Dr. Dan
02-25-2005, 10:50 PM
:spongebob Vin....Ya can do a search on this "performance Section" and get alot of answers... I keep repeating myself....but I have a Sunbrella Fabric..Full Mooring Cover for my 22 Classic...I bought it from www.coverquest.com it is a very strong and well made product. I would and will order another one. Just navigate yourself through there menu...and you'll get the cover you want.

I Tow alot, to Donzi Events...and I have had no issues. Over 15,000 Miles per Season... ask anyone who has seen it or my Boat.... it works for me...and most importantly the Donzi!

If ya wanna talk about it...Private Mail Me and we can talk...my Cell is 717-512-3656.

Good Luck...Lets See Some Pics of your Boat!

Doc :beer:

LKSD
02-26-2005, 01:33 PM
I too may be able to help you & I also agree with Dan the sunbrella is by far the best material to have for a cover. It allows the boat to breather better than other covers & outlasts most other fabrics as well plus it doesnt shrink & peel like the other junk on the market... If I can be of help as well let me know. I have a few suppliers that I can get custom covers from that are made out of sunbrella, I would have to check to see if there is a pattern your year. We also can fabricate them from scratch in house, but our upholstery side is booked until the fall for anything other than repairs.. Jamie :boat:
570-639-2628

www.lakesiderestorations.com (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com)

VinV
02-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I too may be able to help you & I also agree with Dan the sunbrella is by far the best material to have for a cover. It allows the boat to breather better than other covers & outlasts most other fabrics as well plus it doesnt shrink & peel like the other junk on the market... If I can be of help as well let me know. I have a few suppliers that I can get custom covers from that are made out of sunbrella, I would have to check to see if there is a pattern your year. We also can fabricate them from scratch in house, but our upholstery side is booked until the fall for anything other than repairs.. Jamie :boat:
570-639-2628

www.lakesiderestorations.com (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/)

Nice to be busy....

I have to get the cover thing worked out soon. Sunbrella is the stuff. I have a custom cover on my 16 but only 1 year old so it is good. Can't see spending big bucks if there is a standard that is cut right in the proper material. All the people here must know the story. I will check out the lead....

Thanks

Trueser
02-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Can you post some pictures with this cover on the boat?

Thanks

LKSD
02-28-2005, 07:55 PM
Can you post some pictures with this cover on the boat?

Thanks

Unfortunatley, I dont have any pics of the covers that can be ordered for the boats. They only give us part#'s & years. I could try to get a picture of one of the covers we just ordered for a Sea ray & post it incase you want an idea of how well they usually fit.(let me know) I can also try to get a picture of a cover that we have custom made, but again our custom made covers (in house) all slots are filled except for an occasional small repair or 2 until probably mid summer or fall.. Jamie...

www.lakesiderestorations.com (http://www.lakesiderestorations.com )

570-639-2628

VinV
03-02-2005, 02:32 PM
:spongebob Vin....Ya can do a search on this "performance Section" and get alot of answers... I keep repeating myself....but I have a Sunbrella Fabric..Full Mooring Cover for my 22 Classic...I bought it from www.coverquest.com (http://www.coverquest.com/) it is a very strong and well made product. I would and will order another one. Just navigate yourself through there menu...and you'll get the cover you want.

I Tow alot, to Donzi Events...and I have had no issues. Over 15,000 Miles per Season... ask anyone who has seen it or my Boat.... it works for me...and most importantly the Donzi!

If ya wanna talk about it...Private Mail Me and we can talk...my Cell is 717-512-3656.

Good Luck...Lets See Some Pics of your Boat!
Doc :beer:

I checked with Coverquest. They list the cover for a 1995 22 CLASSIC. They don't know if the boat had any changes for 2005. Is it exactly the same boat? Assuming there was a windshield.

VinV
03-10-2005, 10:03 PM
I checked with Coverquest. They list the cover for a 1995 22 CLASSIC. They don't know if the boat had any changes for 2005. Is it exactly the same boat? Assuming there was a windshield.

Still need the cover. Any help out there?

knots2u
03-31-2005, 05:16 PM
Only real difference between the 95 & 05 is the spoilers on the windshield. Just how "custom" is the fit? Maybe Dr. Dan can post a picture of his boat with the cover on.

ChromeGorilla
03-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Vin, past month or so I've been looking too. (05' 22) I would like and exact fit, not something close.

MOP
03-31-2005, 06:27 PM
One of the best things to save the cover from the windshield poking through is the foam tubing that is used to insulate water pipes, is is slit down its length and slip on easily 1/2 pipe size works great. It stay put and it will not discolor the canvas in anyway.

Phil

undertaker
03-31-2005, 06:32 PM
To see a pic of Dr. Dans cover go to www.atlanticcoastdonzi,com go to members click on Dr. Dan he has like 6 pages of pics. Not sure what page has the pic of his boat with cover on but I am pretty sure there is a pic or two there. Hope this helps. Good Luck. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker :tongue:

VinV
04-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Vin, past month or so I've been looking too. (05' 22) I would like and exact fit, not something close.

I ordered a Covercraft/Sunbrella. After talking with the factory and Covercraft I went for it. If it needs trimming I have a guy to do it locally. He just couldn't do a whole cover in May. I will get the boat then. no time to mess around.

I will let you know how it looks. It was 500+

I had a new custom one done for my 16 and it is the same only larger with a windshield. It is an easy one to modify.
:uzi:

VinV
04-01-2005, 07:26 PM
One of the best things to save the cover from the windshield poking through is the foam tubing that is used to insulate water pipes, is is slit down its length and slip on easily 1/2 pipe size works great. It stay put and it will not discolor the canvas in anyway.

Phil

Thanks. I probably will elect to have the cover modified if necessary. I can get that done in 1 day. My canvas guy has done work on my sailboat for the past 12 years and that was not cheap. He will work with me.

Hey, I will be pulling out the sweet 16 to wax it. I want to sell it. 1991 and nice all around. As I am in Glen Cove maybe you have a local person looking. I have too many boats and not enough time....

VinV
04-01-2005, 07:29 PM
To see a pic of Dr. Dans cover go to www.atlanticcoastdonzi,com (http://www.atlanticcoastdonzi,com/) go to members click on Dr. Dan he has like 6 pages of pics. Not sure what page has the pic of his boat with cover on but I am pretty sure there is a pic or two there. Hope this helps. Good Luck. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker :tongue:

I already have the cover. It took about 3 weeks. I don't have the boat yet though. I will let you know how it works out in May.

ChromeGorilla
04-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Vin, I was about to buy one for my '05 soon. Where did you get yours? And price was five something? Ooops, nevermind I re read your posts.

VinV
04-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Vin, I was about to buy one for my '05 soon. Where did you get yours? And price was five something?

Coverquest.com
Amount : 583.79 (USD)-with supports and vent.

I have not opened it yet. I will check the fit in May when I get the boat. It should be the right one based on the calls I made. It took 3 weeks. Delivery will probably be worse when the season gets going.

I will post a picture and critique.

ChromeGorilla
04-03-2005, 05:21 PM
Hey Vin, tell us about your new ride. Color, power, where you boat. I see your in NY..you should come to Lake George in June and show off that brand new beauty! :yes:

VinV
04-07-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Vin, tell us about your new ride. Color, power, where you boat. I see your in NY..you should come to Lake George in June and show off that brand new beauty! :yes:

Just a 22 classic/425 hp. Nothing spedcial-blue stripe/white hull.

No time for L George. I am lucky to get some days during the week to use it for an hour. I am 12 minutes from my boats and I stay on LI for the Summer to use them for 4 months. LI Sound is nice for boating. L George is too crowded for me.

ChromeGorilla
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
Sounds pretty dam special to me...'05 blue stripe 496HO...I reckon that would be my choice too....... ;)

John W
04-08-2005, 08:48 AM
Chrome,
I am having the canvas guy out today to measure and price up a no frills Sunbrella cover. He did a most excellent job on my 16 cover. I looked at the covers on the sites provided but I kind of like the covers that actually cover up the sides, My rig is red and it should be covered.
Once he makes the pattern, He could make another. I'll post the Price and Pics when it is done. Trying to use some kind of budget(HAHA)
JW :smileybo:

VinV
04-16-2005, 08:00 PM
Chrome,
I am having the canvas guy out today to measure and price up a no frills Sunbrella cover. He did a most excellent job on my 16 cover. I looked at the covers on the sites provided but I kind of like the covers that actually cover up the sides, My rig is red and it should be covered.
Once he makes the pattern, He could make another. I'll post the Price and Pics when it is done. Trying to use some kind of budget(HAHA)
JW :smileybo:

Good idea to cover the sides. I see more red ones that have faded than I would like to. White sides don't seem to mind.

VinV
04-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Sounds pretty dam special to me...'05 blue stripe 496HO...I reckon that would be my choice too....... ;)

I thought it was pretty average specs except for the 425. I did get the power steering. I don't see the need but I was convinced by checking with others.

ChromeGorilla
04-16-2005, 08:52 PM
Vin I was being a little sarcastic cus you have the same boat as me...05' with 496HO blue stripe.... like I said...good choice :biggrin:

mkibby
03-14-2006, 10:13 AM
I bought a 95 18' classic new and at the time Donzi offered a transport cover.
Real nice cover. I still have it on the boat. Works great. You might try Donzi.
Regards, Martin

need for speed
05-15-2006, 08:02 PM
well... did the cover fit a 05 boat? I am thinking about placing my order:smile:

Lenny
05-16-2006, 01:30 AM
Vin I was being a little sarcastic cus you have the same boat as me...05' with 496HO blue stripe.... like I said...good choice :biggrin:

At least, ... he was "DRIVEN"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Norris

need for speed
05-20-2006, 01:47 PM
i was told it fits very well on a 05 boat so i have one on the way... will post pics soon

slapshot11
05-22-2006, 07:51 PM
I ordered a "Custom Made" cover from Taylormade for my 1999 22' Classic and it didn't fit. :bonk: I even upgraded to the Ultima fabric which is supposed to be their best. There was just too much material on the deck. It had 2 large creases where the material was actually laying over on itself. For $500 I expected better. I sent pictures to the factory and they said that it was within tolerances. :kaioken:
I have since returned it and am having a Sunbrella fabric cover made at a local canvas shop for $670.

need for speed
05-22-2006, 08:42 PM
This one is Sunbrella fabric so we shall see -when i get it i will post pics.... 589$. To have one made here in this town of over priced canvas guys it would be a ton more , i asked a few guys i know here in town... :bonk: :toiletpap