PDA

View Full Version : Why Wont The Teal Bh 22 Sell?!

donzi182003
02-25-2005, 12:28 PM
I Have Been Wondering For Quite Some Time Why The Teal Blackhawk 22 That Is On Ebay Wont Sell. I Have Seen This Boat For Sale Everywhere And Surprisingly No One Will Buy It. I Looove The Bh Boats And Wish I Could Own One But I Am Wondering Why This Boat Seems Not To Sit Well With Potential Buyers? Is There Something Wrong With It? Does Anyone Know?

Ed

Lenny
02-25-2005, 02:47 PM
For starters it has a questionable past, as in, is it a BH boat, does it have rocker, was that drive added?

And where is it located, REALLY?

And that it has a reserve around 28-30K $

Big Pimpin
02-25-2005, 05:33 PM
wish it wuz purple, it'd be my pimpin tide slide fo sho!

105mph_38_2003
02-27-2005, 04:24 AM
With the price they are asking I would bet that they are not serious about selling...I am sure there are several buyers, but we have to be honest here that it is a 9 y/o boat with a questionable past. I am sure the price will come down soon if they are serious about selling and it will then move

Fish boy
02-27-2005, 07:05 AM
why not just look at it for what it most likely is, as 22 with a black hawk drive? Sounds like a nice setup, but if it does not have a rocker in the hull, then handeling/performance could suffer. Props are expensive and getting harder to come by. Nice boat though, abd if setup right, it would be a really trick good running boat. Just not sure if it is not an actual blackhawk ("if" and just making an assumption here)If it is not a BH, then it is not one of 40 (or 37 ;) ) so it may not command the same value as a rare collectible.

just my overvalued $.02.

fish

yeller
02-27-2005, 01:50 PM
I always see mention of a 'rocker' in the hull when talking of the BH. Is the hull of a BH different than other 22C's?

105mph_38_2003
02-27-2005, 03:24 PM
Last time on Ebay I think the final bid was close to $20k, according to NADA the boat has a retail value of $24k on trailer($21k base+$3k options)....It all falls back to the current owner not being very interested in selling if you ask me.

blackhawk
02-27-2005, 03:34 PM
I don't know if NADA has changed or not, but I know when I looked at it a few years ago there was no add for the 502, K planes, silent choice or the boat being a blackhawk.

Why are people questioning if it's a blackhawk anyway?

ChromeGorilla
02-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Is the hull of a BH different than other 22C's?

Yes the BH has some rocker added to the hull.

yeller
02-27-2005, 04:52 PM
Yes the BH has some rocker added to the hull.

So a whole new mold was made just for the BH?

105mph_38_2003
02-27-2005, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=blackhawk]I don't know if NADA has changed or not, but I know when I looked at it a few years ago there was no add for the 502, K planes, silent choice or the boat being a blackhawk.
QUOTE]

No option for BH but there is a pull down menu for HP, then under other option I clicked boxed for the captains call exhaust and tabs....How much more $$$ is the boat worth with the BH package?

Lets say everything is perfect and the boat is a genuine BH, what would a good price be? mid $20k'ish?

roadtrip se
02-28-2005, 02:59 PM
in normal Classic clothing.

From looking at the pictures, you can see the rocker, the high exit points of the exhaust tips, k-planes, and the sender wire for the trim indicator. All give-aways of the BH in sheeps clothing.

I am not going to comment on the condition of this boat, because I haven't seen it, but it looks like a pretty cool ride, if it can be bought at the right price for someone who has the experience to run one of these things.

Spring is a coming soon! 105, you have got to have been looking at this boat for over six months! C'mon somebody step up and bring her to the rallies!

Todd

Trueser
02-28-2005, 07:38 PM
I Agree for the price who cares. Its still a great deal.

I saw a 89 22 classic sell on ebay last week for 16K.

105mph_38_2003
02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
I had some interest in this boat last year but after talking to 2 board members I changed my mind.

FlatRacer, aka BarrelBack
02-28-2005, 08:42 PM
I just have to ask this (he says as he dodges the tomatoes thrown at him), but can somebody explain to me WHY the BH hull needs more rocker?

FR

roadtrip se
02-28-2005, 10:46 PM
they just don't get no respect.

I would love to have one, but two 22 Classics in the barn, when I scarcely got to use the one I now own last summer, doesn't seem like a great idea.

I will tell you that it is a true thrill to drive and ride in one of these things with someone that enjoys the essence of true high performance boating.

You literally fly this boat. Watching Bill Bateman run his at full throttle at Cumberland and Sarasota is a treat. The smile on Fast Eddie's face after we spent and early morning out on the river at 1000 Islands in his LE is something I won't forget. Hearing the excitement in Robert Goelletta's, aka GERO1, voice on the phone every time he gets a little better at handling his is great.

Yes, props are hard to find and you can blow drives for what seems like no reason, but typically it's due to a heavy throttle or shifting hand. The boat will scare the hell out of passengers, who may not share the same adnrenaline-junkie tendencies that you do.

If you have any doubt about this boat, just stay away from them. Buy a stock 22 Classic and have a ball. For those looking for a challenge and something that takes a little mastery, the Blackhawk may be your boat.

Oh, and the question, the rocker was placed in the transom to give the boat more lift, due to the lack of lift of the semi-surfacing drive.

Again, somebody buy this thing. For that lucky person, you will have a blast and never a dull moment!

Todd

blackhawk
03-01-2005, 01:32 PM
It's a blackhawk, I have no idea why people would be questioning it.

Blackhawks seem to sell a lot slower because the buyer must WANT a blackhawk. They are indeed a very rare boat but a lot of people are scared of them. Props will get scarce in the future and there are a couple of internal parts that may become obsolete. But the gears, bearings, propshafts, etc are the same as a Bravo 1 or Bravo 3.

A lot of people think that Blackhawks are more prone to breaking also. I totally disagree. In my opinion they are just as strong as a Bravo, you just have to drive them different. Obviously, with a higher X and a much shorter drive it's easier to air it out. Once you get the hang of driving it then you don't have to worry about it. People saying "better buy a spare drive" and other comments aren't helping.

The blackhawk is definitely a driver's boat. And it slop you have to really read the water and pay attention. But, after some seat time you get used to it. I drove mine with no indicators at all, not even for the drive. Drove it strictly by feel for 5 years.