PDA

View Full Version : Between the Mad Cow, the Softwood lumber dispute,...

Lenny
02-24-2005, 05:07 PM
the Pine Beetle, the Gypsy Moth, cheap prescriptions, and this, well, pretty soon you guys might just have to put up a wall. :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/TECH/02/24/canada.us.missile.defense.ap/index.html

MrsDigger
02-24-2005, 05:19 PM
Why would we want to put up a wall? That would keep the Hollywood liberals IN...which would be wrong, and a violation of some civil right or other that is defended by the troops those selfsame Hollywood liberals continue to vilify. A pox on Martin Sheen, and the rest of the Fondettes. I'm sure I support their desire to become Canadian citizens and would hate to stand in the way of a mass liberal exodus! Besides, a wall would keep your good hockey players from coming down south where the money is...

...oh wait, there is no hockey this year...:mad: :bawling:

ChromeGorilla
02-24-2005, 05:28 PM
Hockey?!?!?!?!?! I thought we were doin away with that "sport"..hehehehe

MrsDigger
02-24-2005, 05:55 PM
Hockey?!?!?!?!?! I thought we were doin away with that "sport"..hehehehe

Collectively, the NHLPA opened mouth and inserted puck in lieu of the cash they were after. The triumph of greed over common sense--they were already a distant 4th. After the baseball strike, it took several years and two Red Sox playoff appearances for me to bother with them. I won't watch hockey anytime soon, even if they DO pull their heads out. Overpaid whining prima donnas. Now if I could just get the networks to stop showing the National Buttheads Association....what a bunch of thugs and bums. Why don't THEY go on strike???? I wouldn't miss them.....

gcarter
02-24-2005, 07:01 PM
I think one of the best things the Canadian government has done in a long time is to allow the Fox News Channel to be distributed in Canada. At last a conservative voice in our Northern neighbors. :beer:

harbormaster
02-24-2005, 07:05 PM
Darcy.
You sure sound like you have a lot of pent up frustration....

And you sound like this after Matt has been gone for only a few weeks?

What are you going to be like in 6 months :eek!: :eek!:

MrsDigger
02-24-2005, 10:36 PM
Darcy.
You sure sound like you have a lot of pent up frustration....

And you sound like this after Matt has been gone for only a few weeks?

What are you going to be like in 6 months :eek!: :eek!:

Scot, he's only been gone for 9 days. The frustration... well, would you believe it is because I'm a hockey fan? *sigh* Watching hockey was a good way to relieve frustration--nothing so satisfying as screaming obscenities at the television or watching a bunch of neanderthals with clubs beat the hell out of each other. NASCAR sure doesn't fill the void--especially with that light-in-the-loafers Gordon winning the Daytona. . .