PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Donzi Z-22 needs new windshield

tahoetom
02-23-2005, 04:20 PM
My 1989 Donzi Z-22 needs a new windshield and frame...any ideas??? E-mail to tahoetom@sierra.net Thanks, Tom

Donzigo
02-27-2005, 07:56 AM
There are a number of fiberglas people who can make you a new windsheild. If you have old one, you are miles ahead of the game. They will simply take the old one and put the plexiglass next to it, heat it up and bend it to be the same configuration. If it has a bend in two directions, as some of the 22's from that era had, you will need to find a fabricator that has a furnice to make the two bends.

There's a company here in St.Pete, if you want to send it a long distance to have the work done.

I have a Z-33, 1989, and the next rpoject I do will be a new windsheild; so, I've been researching the project for a few monthes. This is the information I have come up with.

For your information, the company that made your original windshild was called STRATOS, as I understand it. They were a very small company located in Plametto, Fl, close to the Donzi plant. The company has long ceased to exist, from what I can find.