PDA

View Full Version : Crazy-stupid-huge-ginormous....I digress

ChromeGorilla
02-22-2005, 09:53 PM
As I sit here pondering the meaning of life I was wondering, how well do you think a 43ZR with crazy-stupid-huge-ginormous power would do in the "fastest boat" thing that Fountain and OL have goin on? The ZR is a proven hull that kicks arse. If Donzi threw enough $$$$$ at it could they push a ZR to be the fastest in the world? Whether they would or not or if it would be a smart business choice is another bag of worms. If they did it would be awsome to lay claim to the fastest V bottoms made....and earn some R E S P E C T from the haters in the house. C'mon Lee.....throw down! :uzi:

I got bag of Orville ready to go...just curious to what you guys thought.

Hotspare
02-23-2005, 01:00 AM
Chrome, Big Dreams/ Big Things .... Would we have to get Skater to build us one tooooooooo ......LOL,,

boxy
02-23-2005, 06:59 AM
Oh yeah, the 43ZR is in the mold as we speak :) :) :)

.....and I think after it's given powerplants big enough to propel it to LUDICROUS speed, it's heading to New Jersey......

Fish boy
02-23-2005, 07:03 AM
sounds like a good idea to me... LUDICROUS SPEED is GOOOOOD! :biggrin.:

mattyboy
02-23-2005, 07:25 AM
if we get the members to pony up in to a kitty we can fund
Geoo and have him kick their asses :) ;)

Fish boy
02-23-2005, 07:27 AM
if we get the members to pony up in to a kitty we can fund
Geoo and have him kick their asses :) ;)

I like that idea even better... but i thought they wre chasing Geoo's speed record already :D

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 07:46 AM
So far the fastest boat i have been in with gps was our 38 zr with 1075's it ran 127.2 mph and very well we could spend lots of money to set a speed record, but who is gonna but a boat good for 15 seconds in a straight line??? just cause you can run 170 doesnt mean people are gonna buy it.:) :) :)

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 08:53 AM
Marketing a 170 MPH isnt the point. I'm sure Fountain and OL dont regularly produce the boats the used in these record attempts for the public. they are one of a kind with stupid big power. The question i asked was do you think Donzi for whatever reason, threw tons of $$$ at a ZR for alot of power could they put up the big #'s like we've seen?

Last Tango
02-23-2005, 09:05 AM
It's not about buying the boat that went that fast, or even one like it. It is buying from the manufacturer who did it. Reggie Fountain has no plans what-so-ever to build a line of 170MPH boats. He does however, get a LOT of wonderful press and business from building and driving the boat that WILL. Ferrari does not sell it's F1 World Championship cars to anyone. But they do continue to expand on the reputation that creates the dreams and the desires that makes folks aspire to owning one of their road cars.
I think a 29 Fever with the STANDARD 525EFI and Bravo XR and 80+ MPH speed would look good on me. Same price as a Ferrari 430. Just as desireable. Neither are race vehicles, but both can be driven with maximum pleasure. They also tell the world you have discriminating taste and the financial success to enjoy it.
Donzi does the same thing by being a winner in offshore racing competition with it's race boat variants. Making them available in a "poker run" edition is how they build on the legend. Few of us can afford a ZR, but all would like to have one and the financial success it takes to do that. Building on the reputation...

... but it WOULD be nice if they DID make a run for the speed record.

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Yeah, what he said....

Last Tango
02-23-2005, 10:30 AM
By the way, I personally am still in the dark as to the length of the FOURTH ZR in the series. I already know about the 35ZR, 38ZR, and 43ZR. Anybody know the other one they plan to build? (Tell you what, if you know, but have been sworn to secrecy, just create a ficticious membership and name and respond only with the length of that ZR on this thread. Then we can attribute that knowlege to an "anonymous source.")
With any luck, it would be a heads-up competitor to the Fountain 29 Fever. I REALLY like that combination.
And, I WISH that the head would be more than just a porta-potty under the V-berth. Girls really like toilets that flush, rather than the outhouse-style porta-potty. There is a dandy toilet out now that looks like a porta-potty but is actually a self-contained flush toilet. Much easier to deal with. No residual odors...
Sorry for all the toilet talk.

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 02:12 PM
we at donzi offer a up grade head witch is porsalen and has a vac u flush head with holding tank and dock side discharge so its like your at homeand right now we just have the 35 38 and 43 maybe another model in the near future

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 02:14 PM
and yes if we spent big money a 43 zr would 165++++ mph

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 02:17 PM
and yes if we spent big money a 43 zr would 165++++ mph

But our goal is a 172 mph average..... :biggrin:

Just messin....

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 02:28 PM
if we took a 43 cut it down to a 40 with closed cockpit and a set of triple 2200 hp motors i think it would run 175.00 mph

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Now thats the kinda insane thought i was fishin for :)

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 02:37 PM
you like that huh i cant wait till i get my final drawing of the 22 aronow i want to build that will be very nice as well, thinking of the 600sc for power

Last Tango
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
172, 185... wimps.
Just like Bently came out of virtually nowhere a couple years ago.
They had not done a single race in decades.
Showed up at the 24 Hours of Le Mans with two Bently prototype racers...
and finished 1 - 2. Overall. Then went home, never to be seen again.
Donzi comes out of nowhere and blows away the 200 MPH mark - then goes home quietly to sell boats - leaving the competition frozen in fear wondering "what the heck happened just now?" and shivvering in their shoes that Donzi will show up again when least expected and blow them away again.
Now,THAT is what I"M talking about wanting from my favorite boat maker. Donzi came out of retirement and won national championships in several classes back to back with the 38ZR. So ANYTHING is possible. Triple 2200's in a closed cockpit 40 footer is a HINT! Right DonziSales1? 200MPH is a speed best broken by DONZI!

DONZISALES1
02-23-2005, 03:15 PM
Yes we will blow away the compition like we always i mean who else can take a 38 with twin 600's and run 99 to 101 ??? :tongue:

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
LT and MP have the right idea..... ahhhh madness....madness....hahahahaha