apache
squadron
usa racing
aronow

working on my mid winter thesis ;) :)

olredalert
02-22-2005, 09:21 AM
Matty,

-------If you are asking if thats all the Aranow boats I think you are correct. However, I believe Champ might have been located on Thunderboat row for awhile technically speaking. Buzilla or MP would probably be able to answer that. Hey, somebody had to use up the metalflake production!!!!!!!...........Bill S

-------Hey Buzilla,,,, did you find that Hemi?????

mattyboy
02-22-2005, 12:26 PM
Red, I'm
looking for all hi po boats ever made on 188th st never heard of champ were they high performance??

olredalert
02-22-2005, 01:42 PM
Matty,

----------Champs would be thought of as performance boats. Just nowhere near as nice as anything Don ever dreamt up. They had lower degree of V and often were infested with metalflake gelcoat. Some were outdrive and some were jet. Motion Performance had a jet one with an L88 that was featured in a few magazines back in the day. I would think they would be considered better as small lake boats.
----------As far as the "Thunderboat Row" connection goes Im waiting for the Miami "lifelongers" to get involved. I had heard that the Champ factory was next to or near DONZI back in the 1968/9 era but am unsure of the info. Mr.B and MP both know a fella that has a very low hour Champ 17 in Coral Gables area named Gary Licko (spelling). His has a six cyl motor with a Volvo, I believe, but could scoot right along back in the day. Gary told me his dream was to own a DONZI but all he could afford was the Champ he bought. He also owns a very tasty "Yenko" Camaro Id like to get my hands on, but thats another story. Hope this helps!..........Bill S

BUIZILLA
02-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Champ factory was in OpaLocka, just west of NW 22 Ave, and north of the SR9 tracks a couple blocks, definately in the *'hood*. :shocking: at least that's where they were the couple times I went there.

JH

MOP
02-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Scott where were the Monza's built? Thought they were down in that area also.

Phil

olredalert
02-22-2005, 06:17 PM
----------You know, I wondered when I heard that, because I had been in that area many times when young and didnt remember Champ being on Thunderboat row. Thanks for the correction.............Bill S

Scott Pearson
02-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Hay, you forgot Bayliner..... :cistineb:

Scott
LGDCC

mattyboy
02-23-2005, 07:30 AM
you're killing me Smalls.......... :tongue: