PDA

View Full Version : Miami

Cuda
02-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Where are the pictures of the get together??

BUIZILLA
02-20-2005, 06:46 PM
I know Brad, Poodle, Gorilla and Dwight took pic's, not sure who else did. We had a L_O_N_G day on the water yesterday, actually a PHENOMINAL day, no breakdowns, easy cruising, great water... splashed at 9ish..., then met GEOO mid-bay in his Rent-a Wreck (he ran it WFO all dayy too :biggrin.: ) then to Stiltsville, then Elliott, then a long cruise south to Key Largo for lunch. 20 people on 6 boats, and then we stumbled on Paul and Dale at Gilbert's on the way back north from a Key Largo lunch stop. Way back we stopped at Boca Chita for lighthouse inspection, then allll the way north to downtown Miami to the OMNI Hotel, for the in-water Boat Show inspection.. The Critter got a great round of unexpected applause, fingerpointing, and gawking as I entered the Marriott marina, from all the spectators at the fuel dock and T docks... I was pretty dammm impressed with that.. :wink: Grizz and I couldn't believe the looks on people's faces that saw us in the marina, it was like we were an alien vessel.. :garfield: I got the Critter to 66.7 @ 4950/5000 rpm on Griz's GPS, dragging two tabs, full fuel, into the wind in slop, bow down, and no trim to air it out. I'm sure it was a tad under 70 (69 and change) on the last blast of the day aired out... boat never ran so good as it did yesterday, absolutely flawless performance. I think we covered well over 100 miles, maybe close to 120, but Grizz didn't set his GPS for total miles covered, so I can't be sure of the actual miles.. I do know that I got a documented and impressive 7.77GPH at 3200 rpm@41 mph with a 454-425 TRS package.

JH :spit:

Cuda
02-20-2005, 08:52 PM
I was just telling Debbie about the Donzi boy's run. I told her they went 100 to 120 miles, six boats, twenty people and nobody broke down. First thing out of her mouth was, "Fishboy must not have gone". :biggrin.: :biggrin.: :rlol:

ToonaFish
02-20-2005, 09:02 PM
...nobody broke down.

Shhhhhh, Cuda. The fact that no tow rope was visible was what the cheering was really about... don't let Jim and Griz find out!

Cuda
02-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Come on Poodle, get off some pics! :smile: :boggled:

Air 22
02-21-2005, 09:02 PM
It was a super run....looooong as Buizilla put it. :biggrin: 80-81 degree's, DONZI's, sunny, coconut palms, clear blue water, boat show,....No mechanicals.....what else could one ask for... :biggrin: we could of done w/ out the A-hole marine cop :angryfire at Boca Chita who wouldn't let us drop off 2 people at the restrooms....thanks to Poodle's nifty boating skills(unloading between two cruisers) Crissy & Brad were able to relieve their blatters... :bighug:

ChromeGorilla
02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Before I post some pics I want to thank Madpoodle. Without his generous offering I probably would not have been able to do this. TY! It was awsome to have a personal guide to the waters down there (Buizilla and Poodle).
It was great to hang with Dwight (Air22) and Chrissy and see their top notch 22. I wish I had their attention to detail. It was great to meet Brad and Amy. You guys we're a lot of fun. Thanks for the wash down Brad! I also met Chris for the first time (CDMA) and some of his friends. TY for the private tour of the fuzz boat :) Grizz, it was great shootin the breeze with yA! Oh yea, Catch22 your ride is one bad mammajamma !!!! Geoo went diving again ala Sarasota..... :cool: OK now some pics...

1. MP and CDMA and crew at the ramp in the AM
2. Air22 and crew with Catch22 in the background in the AM

Cuda
02-21-2005, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the pictures guys, but could you please make them a little bit BIGGER?? :biggrin:

Cuda
02-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Who all was there? Poodle, I thought you were taking the X.

ChromeGorilla
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
1. Just chillin out in the middle of no where.
2. Chrissy smilin for the camera.
3. Buizilla and Grizz with Miami in the background.
4. Uh oh......Houston we have a problem...
5. Milling around.
6. Me taking a picture of Grizz taking a picture.
7. This is my favorite picture from all weekend by far. It captures how perfect the day was.
8. Couple of young studs.
9. Boca Chita Key...Home of the PEE NAZI.
10. Dwight after getting yelled at by said PEE NAZI.

ChromeGorilla
02-21-2005, 10:38 PM
1. Minx
2. I asked if they wanted to race and they didnt want non! They we're skeered!!! :rolleyes:
3. View of Miami on the way home for the day.

Cuda
02-21-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey, I think I recognize that dude in the Minx!

Great pics Scott, thanks!

bverd
02-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Here are my pictures...

Key Largo Run (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_miami_largo)
Miami Boat Show (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_miami_bs)
Miami In-Water Boat Show (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_miami_bsw)
Cigarette Fashion Show (http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/events05_miami_cig)

Enjoy!!!

--bverd

RedDog
02-22-2005, 06:58 AM
makes me proud that that Tennessee can lay claim to one of the few Critters :biggrin.:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9558

Man - wish I had been there... :bonk:

Air 22
02-22-2005, 07:08 AM
PEE Nazi...now thats funny...good one Scott. nice pic's too! :yes:

Poodle...great shots....I like that new X sticker you mention :biggrin:
Good shot of Bob Teague's head :biggrin: ZR looks shweeet! :)

Jim's Crit hauled ASS!! Tinnisee an all..... :biggrin: :biggrin:

ToonaFish
02-22-2005, 07:43 AM
Whoa, that's wild! Thanks as always for the killer shots!

Bunches,

Celene "a TN tag on the trailer is worth 2.3mph GPS on the water"

Dr. Dan
02-22-2005, 08:23 AM
:bonk: Well as usual...Brad has not only the Best Shots....but obviously the Best Content in his Photos....I would expect nothing less! Good Job Verdigo!

I am sure Catch 22 is actually wearing some sort of Life Vest...I just can't see it...cuz I know he is too smart to run a 90 + MPH 22 Classic with out one....so we can at least recover his body! ;)

Looks like a great time....glad to hear all went well and no major headaches....that's always a plus!

Might have to try to come South with the Toy in the future....just February is not a good Month for me...March on the other hand? :rlol:

Doc of Conspicuous Consumption :D :spit:

ToonaFish
02-22-2005, 09:41 AM
7. This is my favorite picture from all weekend by far. It captures how perfect the day was.

Makes killer wintertime wallpaper too!

ChromeGorilla
02-22-2005, 11:02 AM
I don't want Jefe, oh exscuse me....El Capitan Jefe, and Fishboy to feel left out.....

pmreed
02-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Doc, If march looks good, think Mt. Dora. :) Check the Events thread.

Phil

Cuda
02-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Great pictures guys, it's almost as good as being there................NOT! :bawling:

Cuda
02-22-2005, 01:21 PM
That Zr is a great looking boat, probably the best I've ever seen out of them.

Scott, that was Dale in the Minx wasn't it?

boxy
02-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Cuda, I was going to, but with 4 passengers and 20+ knot winds I decided the fishboat was a wiser choice..
madDog, the fishboat looks great.....

undertaker
02-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Brad, great pics!! :biggrin.: :biggrin.: Looked like it was a great time, the weather down there looked great in the pics, come on spring :eek: Thanks for posting guys.

Undertaker :kyle:

catch 22
02-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Scott and Jim for getting everybody together. It was nice to see everybody. Scott, the next time it blows I got shot gun in the fish boat :biggrin: :biggrin: because this is the first day since the outing that I can move. :biggrin: . Must be getting old. My apologies to CDMA for not saying hello, I didn't realize that was you. I had met you once at the Sarasota rally 2 years ago but thats no excuse must be the age thing again. Thanks to Chromegorilla and Bverd for the awesome pics and Thanks Jacque Cousteau I mean GEOO for going diving for my cleat. Hope to see most of you in Mt. Dora next month. Dr. Dan your right I didn't have my life vest on :banghead:. It won't happen again.

Dr. Dan
02-22-2005, 07:39 PM
:smash: Sorry Jim...I know we are all like family here...I just hate to think of anything nasty happening...in fact, I am working on getting Embroidered Patches with our Atlantic Coast Logo on them...I am ordering 2 Teague Lifeline Style Vests for me and the Co Pilot this season.

I can't wait to see your Donzi Run....I am sure it is awesome. Glad it worked out....for everyone. Post some pics of the finished Engine Compartment...when ya get around to it! :bighug:

Doc :smash:

BUIZILLA
02-22-2005, 07:41 PM
WOW, really awesome pic's... I know everybody had a blast, i'm ready to do it again, anytime..

I am humbled by the attention the Critter is getting, and the great running pic's of it...

CDMA, you've got me thinkin'....

JH :boat:

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 07:18 AM
MP I am totaly down for a run to KW, a stay overnight and back. Thats what I'm talkin about......... :yes:

BUIZILLA
02-23-2005, 07:38 AM
I think KW is tooooooo damm far of a run. Hawks Cay or Holiday isle would be much better. :checkered

JH

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 07:40 AM
Well, you local sun bums would prob know better than this transplanted Yankee.........

catch 22
02-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Key West, I hope there's a fuel tanker standing by. :biggrin.: . I would have to agree with Jim, Key West is a long way. But would consider it.

Cuda
02-23-2005, 02:58 PM
Marathon would be more doable I think.

boxy
02-23-2005, 03:18 PM
I love the tiki bar at Holiday Isle.
This one time at scuba camp .... :wink:

ChromeGorilla
02-23-2005, 03:21 PM
But, the salt water weinies won't come down and play

Thats is definately their loss. That lunch run we did was one of the best times I've ever had on the water. May not be much to some but I loved it. But like MP said theres a lot more of the keys to go. And I would be down in a heart beat. :lifeprese

Cuda
02-23-2005, 03:55 PM
Holiday Isle has a better bar... And, I have a ramp a few miles away just in case...

Duck Key has nicer acccomodations....

But, the salt water weinies won't come down and play :D :D :D

My exwife and I ended up staying there on our honeymoon. We had everything set up for the Bahamas, rooms and flights. We got there and we both hated it. We didn't stay one night. I chartered a flight back to FTL and we drove down to the keys and stayed the rest of the time. We had a ball there.

Cuda
02-23-2005, 03:56 PM
Scott, is there a marked channel on the gulf side from where you are to Marathon?

catch 22
02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Holiday Isle has a pretty nice sand bar to. :smileybo: