PDA

View Full Version : Did a little shopping today

onesubdrvr
02-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Well,

Although I am in the land of warm weather and sunshine, I am still unable to go boating as I am doing the engine swap thing. I've been waiting for the engine to come home from the machinist, but as that's not until next week, I needed to feel like I was making some progress. Hence a shopping trip!! Went to marine liquidators here in Ft. Pierce and picked up a couple of windshield supports (stainless, nice shiney upgrade from the plastic stock ones $9.95), a new set of blower vents / intakes ($7.95), the little box behind them that holds the hose ($5.00), and MORE than enough 3" ducting to replace. Also picked up some Flitz (metal / fiberglass polish - works good on metal so so on the glass), and some stuff by StarBrite called "Instant Glass Cote" This stuff is great, I've been fighting to restore the white gel on the Rag, to no avail (tried the Flitz, McGuires compound, wax after wax) and it came plenty clean and smooth, but no real gloss, until now. I just did a small portion (as I really nead to wash the boat before doing this), but it works great, 3 coats wiped on with a t-shirt and voila! I'll post some before and after pics after I'm done so you guys can see the difference.

For now, engine less,
Wayne

olredalert
02-18-2005, 06:11 PM
--------That place in Ft.Peirce is great, huh? I have never seen so many cleaver props in one place in my life. Pallets and pallets of them, mostly brand new. Just occurred to me that there are two places several miles apart. Im referring to the place on Rt.1 (I think)...........Bill S

Fish boy
02-18-2005, 06:23 PM
we should make a seadog event shopping trip. Sounds great Wayne, gonna have to check that place out.

onesubdrvr
02-18-2005, 08:06 PM
--------That place in Ft.Peirce is great, huh? I have never seen so many cleaver props in one place in my life. Pallets and pallets of them, mostly brand new. Just occurred to me that there are two places several miles apart. Im referring to the place on Rt.1 (I think)...........Bill SYup, that's the one, they got lots of cool stuff, (have my eye on a guage panel out of a Donzi ZX, and a Scarab (just for the guages, forget the panel), nice white with yellow bezels.
Yeah it's pretty amazing, kingboard (1/2" and 3/4" sheets) - but not alot of savings there,....anyway,...
Wayne

onesubdrvr
02-18-2005, 08:10 PM
we should make a seadog event shopping trip. Sounds great Wayne, gonna have to check that place out.You know something, that's a pretty good idea, the city boat ramp here is NICE, (floating docks, etc) almost brand new, TONS of parking, and it's on the IR Lagoon, hop on it, scoot north about 30nm and your in Sebastian, home of Capt. Hirams, goot eats and good drinks at the "Sand Bar"
Wayne
in all seriousness, I'll stop by there and see if they would consider a special SEADOG's only shopping time, store all to ourselves could be DANGEROUS, bring your wallets!!