PDA

View Full Version : Reversion Revisited

onesubdrvr
02-17-2005, 09:00 AM
Well,

I know there has been MANY discussions on reversion, unfortunately, I think that each one is a case by case basis.
I'd like to bring up my cam and combo to get thoughts. I've spoken with Rootsy (thanks!), and he doesn't see a problem, but states that the lobe CL is kinda close, so here goes on the cam specs
Distance between lobe centers: 110
Intake valve lift: .462 with 288* duration
Exhaust valve lift .470 with 284* duration
Duration @ .050 intake 210*
Duration @ .050 exhaust 215*

Exhaust is GLM with center rise, Mercruiser SS risers (standard height / length). Other possibility on exhaust is an Eddie Marine Thunder Power (standard exhaust with standard risers).

I did a search, but could find no real close comparisons to my cam. Also, there will be no through hub, only through hull.

Thanks
Wayne

turbo2256
02-17-2005, 09:27 AM
There shouldnt be an issue with that mild of a cam.
By the way I used to live in North River Shores.

onesubdrvr
02-17-2005, 01:56 PM
There shouldnt be an issue with that mild of a cam.
By the way I used to live in North River Shores.I thinkg that's the general concensous
Shouldn't, I hope it doesn't or I'll be a dead man

Anyway, North River Shores, just across the Roosevelt on the west, between US-1 and the river, that is a pretty area,.... I don't know how long you've been gone, but the growth rate of the cities here (PSL, Stuart, etc), it incredible.

Wayne

turbo2256
02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
Yea concidering ours was the 3 or 4 house in that development back in 1958. I was back there twice a year untill about 4 years ago. Should go back before long. My brother now lives on the bluffs just north of Johnathon Dickinson State Prk.
He works for SeaTow of Palm Beach.

onesubdrvr
02-17-2005, 02:11 PM
Yea concidering ours was the 3 or 4 house in that development back in 1958. I was back there twice a year untill about 4 years ago. Should go back before long. My brother now lives on the bluffs just north of Johnathon Dickinson State Prk.
He works for SeaTow of Palm Beach.That's pretty cool, if you ever make it, let's hook up,..... Hey, I may need your brothers number for when I put the Ragazza back in the water!! Or, maybe I can convince one of the normal towers to come down for the occasion!?
Wayne

MOP
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Wayne the SS Merc risers are far superior to the cast ones, the exhaust outlet is further away from the water outlet then the cast iron risers. I doubt if you will have any problem with your cam. The exhaust oulet is also bigger due to the thin wall casting they will let it breath a tad better also. I grab them anytime I can get my hands on them and still have a set stashed in my treasure trove.

Phil

onesubdrvr
02-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Wayne the SS Merc risers are far superior to the cast ones, the exhaust outlet is further away from the water outlet then the cast iron risers. I doubt if you will have any problem with your cam. The exhaust oulet is also bigger due to the thin wall casting they will let it breath a tad better also. I grab them anytime I can get my hands on them and still have a set stashed in my treasure trove.

PhilHmmmm, I love treasure troves,....
I was wondering if you might consider letting go of those (or atleast one of them), I seem to be missing one, it appearantly got lost in the Cuda Garage,..... BAD DEBBIE, NO DONUT!! ;)
Looking on E-Bay though, I have a couple of leads on there,...

Later fella's