PDA

View Full Version : Rough day at work

ChromeGorilla
02-16-2005, 08:36 PM
OK maybe not but it was 81 here today. So I figured why haul the boat all the way to Miami with a full tank of go juice? Might as well lighten the load. Cruised up the ICW to St. Simons Island and back just to burn up some fuel. Have a nice day! :wavey:

gcarter
02-16-2005, 09:13 PM
So you will be paying about $0.20/gallon more in S. Florida!!!!

Donzi Kat
02-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I sure as hell hope soo...... Chrome u are so bad at teasin us people up north with the WARM weather!!!! Sooner or later we WILL get to enjoy it too!!:( :( :jestera: :jestera:

Ed Donnelly
02-16-2005, 09:25 PM
I shoveled 60' of snow just to get inside my storage unit.
Looked at the Donzi, then drove home.
Didn't burn a drop of gas. Look at how much money I saved.Ed

gcarter
02-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Looked at the Donzi, then drove home.
Didn't burn a drop of gas. Look at how much money I saved.Ed
Ed, just think of the cardiovascular workout!!!!

ToonaFish
02-16-2005, 09:59 PM

I'm sure there is a very good reason that this hasn't been done yet, but... why not just heat the snow up to melt it, then blow the ground dry? Something like a giant hair blowdryer...

Last Tango
02-16-2005, 10:41 PM
Sir Chromey,
I think you used good sense burning up that extra gas before heading south. It would have taken a lot of extra gas to tow that heavier boat. Yeah, that's the ticket. You were SAVIN' gas. So what if costs more for gas in Miami this weekend. We just turn that gas into noise, too, anyway. Besides, had I known you were out on the ICW today, I woulda hooked up with you. I was turning gas into noise in that warm Florida sunshine on the St. Johns River, today. Ain't it great here in Jacksonville?

Cuda
02-17-2005, 12:00 AM
I wish I would be burning gas in Miami, I don't care how much it costs. :frown:

Fish boy
02-17-2005, 06:03 AM
that's cold dude... :beer:

Hotspare
02-17-2005, 08:04 AM
I guess if I were there to help you out on a rough day,, That would, by some folk's standards, consider "me" as a true friend ........ Not just some fair weather friend ...... LOL.. Have fun ......... Bruce.

LGMAZ
02-17-2005, 08:32 AM
I'm sure there is a very good reason that this hasn't been done yet, but... why not just heat the snow up to melt it, then blow the ground dry? Something like a giant hair blowdryer...

It's been done...I've never tried to attach pictures, I hope they show up.

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/amtk_ice.jpg

http://www.northeast.railfan.net/images/lirrTC992.jpg

RickyR
02-17-2005, 08:35 AM
I took mine out Tuesday, to break in my 250 EFI.. It was beautiful on the river, and not a ripple. So far, my engine is running nice, and It will hopefully be a dependable engine.

I think a few more days like this, and I will have the right prop on it, and be ready for the J-ville run in April.
I will be probably topping off my fuel tank at exit 5 or 8 on the way down.. The fuel in GA, is way less than FL, but a little less than here in SC.

That way, most of my trip down will be lighter...
Ricky...seeya...

boxy
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM

Like this Toona ???

http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/transportation/snow/torontomelt.htm

ToonaFish
02-17-2005, 10:13 AM
There ya go, Ed, LGMAZ has just the ticket! Think of all the uses: lighting bonfires in summer, removing pesky water hazards on a golf course, and a killer way to remove dandelions from your lawn!

ToonaFish
02-17-2005, 10:19 AM
Like this Toona ???

Er, no. Something kinder and gentler, less Freddy Krueger. That thing might mess up his petunia bed.

Ed Donnelly
02-17-2005, 02:29 PM
ToonaFish; With a top speed of 24 kph(14mph). By the time they drove it from downtown, to the north city limits, It would be spring anyways. Our new storage unit will have a heated driveway...............Ed

ToonaFish
02-17-2005, 11:50 PM
Until then, could you borrow a few of the Hav's doggy blow dryers and hook up extension cords?

mattyboy
02-18-2005, 07:51 AM
those 2 train thingies look like something wyle e coyote would have ordered from acme and put together to catch the roadrunner
those look like ge jet engines out of an f-15 :eek: