PDA

View Full Version : I'm one pissed off sob!

Cuda
02-16-2005, 03:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only damn vacation I try to plan all damn year long, is three damn days in Miami. Now I've got my main gc on my ass to start a damn job Friday afternoon. The damn tile wasn't scheduled to get her until Monday, but he's called everyone raising hell and now he wants us to start Friday afternoon. It's a crock of sh!t. I bet it won't show up until late Friday, and I have guys standing around getting paid and not doing chit. To top it off, there's no way we can work over the weekend. Try getting a room in Orlando anywhere this week with the Daytona 500 going on. It's just enought to fck up my whole weekend. It we had the tile on Thursday, I could go lay it out and then have my guys work. Just my fcking luck. No other time this year has it been imperative to work the weekend. I'd like to tell them to find someone else to do the gdmn job, but I can't cut my nose off to spite my face.

Yeah, everyone that says I'm so lucky to have my own business and can take off anytime I want, this is what you get.

I am one pissed off Sob right now. I'd make Attila the Hun look like Mary Poppins on Prozac right about now. :angryfire :mad: :mad: :angryfire :kaioken:

onesubdrvr
02-16-2005, 03:14 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only damn vacation I try to plan all damn year long, is three damn days in Miami. Now I've got my main gc on my ass to start a damn job Friday afternoon. The damn tile wasn't scheduled to get her until Monday, but he's called everyone raising hell and now he wants us to start Friday afternoon. It's a crock of sh!t. I bet it won't show up until late Friday, and I have guys standing around getting paid and not doing chit. To top it off, there's no way we can work over the weekend. Try getting a room in Orlando anywhere this week with the Daytona 500 going on. It's just enought to fck up my whole weekend. It we had the tile on Thursday, I could go lay it out and then have my guys work. Just my fcking luck. No other time this year has it been imperative to work the weekend. I'd like to tell them to find someone else to do the gdmn job, but I can't cut my nose off to spite my face.

Yeah, everyone that says I'm so lucky to have my own business and can take off anytime I want, this is what you get.

I am one pissed off Sob right now. I'd make Attila the Hun look like Mary Poppins on Prozac right about now. :angryfire http://www.donzi.net/ubb/mad.gif http://www.donzi.net/ubb/mad.gif :angryfire :kaioken:DUDE, THAT F'IN SUCKS GORILLA GONAD!!

Sorry to hear brother,...

Wayne

Fish boy
02-16-2005, 03:53 PM
DUDE, THAT F'IN SUCKS GORILLA GONAD!!

Sorry to hear brother,...

Wayne

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Sorry to hear the GC messed up your weekend. Karma will get him... :fire:

Lenny
02-16-2005, 04:24 PM
'Cuda, I feel for ya... :yes: Been exactly where you are many times for GC's and new homes etc.

To top it off, if my life is any indication, you can bet the tile shows up on Monday OR there is some other trade glitch that will pop up and make it so that you can't install till then anyway.

In my situations it has never ruined something as important as my "one and only" get away in the year, but, nonetheless, a $iss off to be sure.

Don't you have to let it set and grout later anyway? Does 2 days mean the end of the world for the Contractor? Is there any of his money in your pocket right now ? Is this a Commercial job or homeowner?

The "best" part is when you jump through the hoops, touch the sky after you paint it blue, and then get to wait 90 days for some semblence of a payment :rolleyes:

Hope it still works out for ya... :( Lenny

(I'd hop on Debs' V-Rod and let off a bit of steam if it were me) :D

MOP
02-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Major Bummer! I know how I look forward to the one event that due to my job I can attend, I would be hard pressed not to shot any SOB that screwed it up.

Phil

Last Tango
02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Okay Cuda, but look at the bright side...
uhhmmmm...
Never mind :banghead: :kaioken: :angryfire :uzi: :mad: :mad:

Tell you what, We'll make it better for you and Debbie at the NEXT event in Mt. Dora.

Cuda
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
'Cuda, I feel for ya... :yes: Been exactly where you are many times for GC's and new homes etc.

To top it off, if my life is any indication, you can bet the tile shows up on Monday OR there is some other trade glitch that will pop up and make it so that you can't install till then anyway.

Oh, there's no doubt about it. Either the tile won't show, or another trade will be in the way. To top it off, they are going to core drill the seat holes tomorrow and set the steel, so that makes it that much harder to work around that crap.

It's a McDonald's we're working on, that's 90% of where we get are money all year. The reason he wants us there is because the owner will have a fit about having the store closed and nothing going on.

ChromeGorilla
02-16-2005, 05:53 PM
DUDE, THAT F'IN SUCKS GORILLA GONAD!!

First of all leave my "boys" out of the discussion :rolleyes:

On a serious note, total fock job! Been there bro. I feel for ya. Hopefully somethin changes tommorrow and you and Deb can come down. If not I'll tip 2 extra drinks back in memoriam :beer:

C'est la vie!

Cuda
02-16-2005, 07:25 PM
Send Debbie down...
:)

Somebody has to grout.

gcarter
02-16-2005, 07:40 PM
I know how you feel buddy!
One of the things I'm trying to do is develop some managers so I'm not at the beck and call of every customer I have. Maybe in another year.......... ;)

Sam
02-16-2005, 07:52 PM
So Cuda, tell us how you really feel :wink:

Sam

Scott Heidt
02-18-2005, 08:35 AM
Hey is the tile being delivered to your shop or out in the field?

If it is going to your shop..... Guess what.... as far as the GC would know it never came in! :)

Plus with the miracle of the cell phone the GC would never know your happy ass was in Miami! :)

Just a thought! Good Luck to ya!

Sincerely,

Lowly GC :)

Footloose
02-18-2005, 09:20 AM
dude- that blows- I finally have a three day weekend and some shmucks from up north decide to "surprise" us and come into town and expect to be entertained - #$%*&! I wanted to take three days and do some overnights on the boat with my wife. We need a tall wall at the GA line to leave us in peace in the winter down here.

Cuda
02-18-2005, 04:42 PM
The tile was delivered at one o'clock today. The decor guys were there core dilling and setting steel right where I needed to work, so I dropped off the mastic and came back home.

fasttrucker
03-05-2005, 05:19 PM
I work also as a contractor in my job as a steering wheel holder.I missed my daughters birthday party once,after being promised off.They didnt have an unloading appointment set,So I had to sit a day to unload.I then started a new contract with a different company.I bet I was madder then you are now!