PDA

View Full Version : 1989 R25 questions!! please help

BOON2500
02-16-2005, 02:54 AM
Im trying to find out some info on my 89 R25. 1st up does anyone know what the name of the yellow colour is?? 2nd the hull number is DMRRD506A989. Am I correct in assuming this means a Jan 89 build date? I believe the "506" in the middle is a production number. The question is is this R25 production or total production? ans finally does any one know how many of this model were produced in the 89 model year and perhaps a breakdown by colour too??? thanks in advance for any info any one is able to provide!!!! Great website by the way!!!!

harbormaster
02-16-2005, 07:13 AM
Post some photos and you might get more of a response.

MOP
02-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Thats an OMC boat, 989 means it was popped in September of 89. I spoke with Donzi last year there are no longer any OMC records who knows what they used, they did a dissapearO when OMC gave up Donzi. You may have to mix a several samples to get a close match, or I would do some asking around for a really good glass guy some are magicians when it comes to gel coat.

Phil

Donzigo
02-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Sorry, MOP, he's right. The way you read that is:

A9 - meaning it came ot of the mold in Jan, 1989.

The last number is the model year of the boat - 1989

This boat was a high production modestly priced Donzi, which was made to sell the OMC drives in big numbers, to get them on the market. Unfortunately, the black engines had far too great a lead and the OMC drives couldn't catch up, even though the King Cobra was a pretty good design. There has been much written about these drives here on the registry.