PDA

View Full Version : Good sleeves for cables

Fish boy
02-13-2005, 09:04 PM
Does anyone know where I can get this stuff? It is a sleeve sort of like chineese finger cuffs. Make it shorter from end to end and it expands, pull the ends away from eachother and it contracts to fit snugly around the cables. A guy at a repair shop had some and did not need the extra so he gave it to me, but it is not long enough. THis stuff is really cool and I want to do my cables with it.

Thanks,

fish

pmreed
02-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey Fish, The proper name for that stuff is braid . In expensive pre-made harnesses, it's braided directly on to the cable. You can find the braid sleeving at some wire and cable supply houses, or at a good electronics surplus house. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if our local surplus outfit, Skycraft, had it. What diameter and how many feet? Maybe I can get by there this week. Or, you can call them. See Skycraft (http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/)

Phil

Fish boy
02-14-2005, 07:25 AM
thanks phil, braind makes a lot more sense. Still have not been able to find it, but at least I know what I am looking for now.

fish

Donzigo
02-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Fish,

I get my braided things down at Goodyear Rubber, on Central right next to that two story bar, west of the interstate. I'll bet they have it.

Fish boy
02-14-2005, 08:39 AM
THanka Richard,
I as just there Friday to get some hydraulic lines made> Doh, I did not even think about them, I will give it a shot.

This stuff is really cool and looks better than wire ties when holding a bunch of cables or wires together. Plus it is flexible so great to rig the harness, steering, throttle, cables on the outboard.

fish

marcdups
02-14-2005, 04:26 PM
Fish, land & sea or any good distributor should have them, they come in different sizes.

land & sea part numbers are:232-FLX75 for 3/4"
232-FLX150 for 1 1/2"

They are supplied to them by TH marine, and are $$$$