PDA

View Full Version : Fun Day

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:50 PM
What a freaking day! I spent all day "breaking in" Debbie's bike.

First I rode my bike to Randy's in Ormond Beach, that's about 33 miles from my house. Ranch and I have been friends for 30 years.

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:52 PM
We left his place to go ride the Loop. It's just an unbelievably beautiful bike ride. We rode though canopied roads, and out by the water. Too bad I can't run the cam when I'm riding. I need a helmet cam. When we got through the loop, we headed towards the beach, and headed north on A1A towards St Augustine. When we got to the beach, I started to freeze on my bike. It was quite a bit cooler there. We rode a long ways north, the ocean was calm and blue. We rode through Flagler Beach and made a stop at Matanzas Inlet, so I could quit shivvering!

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:53 PM
From there, we continued north to St Augustine Beach for lunch at the Oasis. Cool place, and busy too. First thing I had was a bowl of clam chowder to warm me up.

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:55 PM
After lunch, we stopped across the street so I could buy a sweatshirt, then we headed back south on A1A back to Flagler Beach where we stopped at Finnegans. What a cool spot! It looks out over A1A and the ocean. We were upstairs where there was a real good band playing. I liked this spot a lot. I think this summer, Deb and I will get a motel there for the weekend, ride all day and get drunked up all night at Finnegans.

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:55 PM
We headed west out of Flagler, and made our way back to another part of the Loop we didn't ride earlier. I just can't explain how pretty that ride was. I can't wait to take Deb on that ride. We rode past a couple famous biker bars, The Iron Horse, The Broken Spoke, the new Iron Horse, which was Jackson Hole for years, and back to Ranch's. It was getting a little late in the day when I left. I the sun was setting, and it sucked riding right into it. After the sun started setting, I was beggining to get cold again. Ranch asked me if I needed anything for the ride home, but I said I was good. What I didn't think about was I needed some night glasses to wear, all I had were my shades. I didn't like riding the backroads here when I couldn't see chit! Anyway, made it home, cold but intact. I put 165 miles on today. I've been home for an hour now, and my knees and nutz are still cold!

ChromeGorilla
02-13-2005, 09:29 PM
Knees and nutz.....hehehehehe..... Joe looks like an awesome day to me! Good friend, good weather = great ride. Wonder what the weathers like up in Lake George? :biggrin.:

Cuda
02-13-2005, 09:32 PM
Knees and nutz.....hehehehehe..... Joe looks like an awesome day to me! Good friend, good weather = great ride. Wonder what the weathers like up in Lake George? :biggrin.:

I take it you are refering to Lake George NY right? :D

ChromeGorilla
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
LOL yes, I was going for the cheap shot. :biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

probably wasnt too bad today in Lake George Fl..... :shades:

Ed Donnelly
02-13-2005, 11:49 PM
Cuda; What a wonderful husband you are. It must have been terrible having to break in that VROD!!! :rlol: :rlol: ...Ed

Cuda
02-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Cuda; What a wonderful husband you are. It must have been terrible having to break in that VROD!!! :rlol: :rlol: ...Ed

We all have our crosses we must bear.

BUIZILLA
02-14-2005, 06:22 AM
wow cool...... whenever we ride the loop we ALWAYS ended up at either place for toddy's.... man, i'm jealous, all I did this weekend was scrape barnacles..

JH

Fish boy
02-14-2005, 07:12 AM
actually, debbie was fixing Cuda's bike so she let him take hers LOL :D Looks like ya had a great time joe, could not have asked for a better day to ride.

fish

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:18 AM
And rescue Poodle's :) :)

Thanks for the lift!

Run out of gas??? :cistineb:

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:30 AM
LOL, no.. 10 miles after I fueled the bike, it shut off on the turnpike.. And I mean SHUT OFF!! I had the worlds quietest FXE all of the sudden.. A little troubleshooting revealed a cracked coil.. Cheapazz AMF coil, only lasted 28 years.....

Jim picked the wrong moment to hit my Nextel and ask me "What's up?" :D :D :D

Or the right time. :D

Donzigo
02-14-2005, 08:31 AM
My thoughts, too. Figured Deb was polishing his other bike or the Minx.............again.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:37 AM
My thoughts, too. Figured Deb was polishing his other bike or the Minx.............again.

She should have been, but she had to take her son back to St Pete to the home he stays in.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm thinking of getting her a couple of brand new buffing pads for Valentines Day. :rlol:

Fish boy
02-14-2005, 08:42 AM
I'm thinking of getting her a couple of brand new buffing pads for Valentines Day. :rlol:

Good idea, they should be able to double as a pillow too when you are banished to the couch. :D

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:43 AM
No worries there. I have a 30x40 garage I can move into, and I have the cushions out of the Minx in there!:D

ToonaFish
02-14-2005, 03:53 PM

Depending on the size of the power tool to which they attach, that might not be a bad gift! :biggrin.:

Footloose
02-14-2005, 04:16 PM
great riding lately though I have not had time to run up north of West Palm so I am dodging gray hairs and snowbirds - DANGEROUS

looks like a great time Dude- one of these days I'd like to take the "loop" you speak of.

the "loop" we take is 595 west to snake road north to around the big lake Okee and back around via A1A - pretty nice....but FLAT!

onesubdrvr
02-14-2005, 05:09 PM
great riding lately though I have not had time to run up north of West Palm so I am dodging gray hairs and snowbirds - DANGEROUS

looks like a great time Dude- one of these days I'd like to take the "loop" you speak of.

the "loop" we take is 595 west to snake road north to around the big lake Okee and back around via A1A - pretty nice....but FLAT!

uh,..........this IS Florida afterall

Wayne

Cuda
02-14-2005, 07:58 PM
Gee, that'ds nice, now your calling Cuda a tool??

Happy Valentines day to you too :D :D :D

Thanks for having my back Scott. :biggrin:

Footloose
02-15-2005, 09:12 AM
woops meant to type "Flat out" ;-)

Walt. H.
02-15-2005, 07:22 PM
Did someone say "Lake George, NY."

Same guy, same bike just 20 plus yr's later and a paint job.

Time flys on a Harley. :D :rolleyes:

Walt :wavey: