PDA

View Full Version : Identify This (Please)

Jraysray
02-13-2005, 05:53 PM
This decal was on the boat when I bought it. I was told that it came from the facatory that way. I have also been told that this is incorrect. So, can anyone shed some light on this? I am not sure if it should stay or go.

mattyboy
02-13-2005, 07:37 PM
Scott,
it might help if you gave some specs on the boat
year,engine drive and hull number

some thoughts might be it was put on for the dealer that sold it something like eagle marine or something like that or it had some meaning to the buyer eagle distributors or something like that
and in the end it 's up to you if you like it keep it or if not remove it

I do know of and older 18 with a bird decal on it but it was on the deck

could it be a BLack Hawk????

Mr X
02-13-2005, 07:41 PM
Looks like a Bald Eagle to me....... :biggrin:

BUIZILLA
02-13-2005, 07:51 PM
Is that an 18 with a B1, B2 prop, dual ram steering and K planes??? soooooo, what's under the hatch?? black bucket seats??

JH

Cuda
02-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Could it be a Hawk engine? They had a logo like that I think.

penbroke
02-13-2005, 09:07 PM
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37704

Frank

Jraysray
02-13-2005, 09:53 PM
Penbroke located my original thread. I believe it was purchased in Fla by some high roller here in TX. Interesting side note; the guy partied way tooooooo much and died by passing out, fell on to a plunger and that sucker embedded into his brain via his eye socket. Party hard die hard I guess. Anyhow the original set up got his ass beat on the water, so he got a supercharged set up and blew it up the first day. He then ditched that and got some type of 400 hp set up afterwards. Then came the date with the plunger..... As part of the estate setlement the motor and all associated equipment got re-yanked and the hull sat in storage fo seven years. A local texas mechanic then bid on it and dumped in the set up I now have.

As I stated before this is my first Donzi and I was amazed how it handled. I took it out for the "real" first run yesterday and it sliced through chop like nothing I have ever owned, and yes it is underpowered 305 ci.

I already warned my wife to what is comming next year.....

Anyhow, I wanted to consult the pros on what this was if anything. With her sorted past, who knows.

ToonaFish
02-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Am I the only one who read that as "your wife's sordid past?"

Congrats on getting her wet, any which her!

Jraysray
02-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Now that just pisses me off. :smash:

The decal is exactly the same. (Thanx poodle) Maybe it was in her before?! I guess it stay's because removing it would fall in line with re-naming it? Right?

Now I really want to know what's under the hatch..

Cuda, aohell ate your email to me this am. Resend it and I will send you the directions...

boldts
02-14-2005, 11:51 AM
Ummmm..... A Big Block Hawk in a 18 Classic?...... Look up Fort Apache in Miami. That is where Hawk used to be located and personally, if your planning to put more HP in her anyway, keep the decal and buy a Hawk engine to put back in there. Man, I love spending other people's money!

Hawk is known very well in the Offshore world of inboard boat engines. The engines were used as an option I believe in many of Cigarette's new boats.

To bad about the estate selling the HP parts, but maybe since this is your 1st boat, it's a good thing. I know myself along with others here would hate to see someone injured. Please, don't mean to say your not ready for a fast boat, but most work up to a 80mph 18' Classic rather than jumping right in to one. I had a 69 mph 22' Classic and didn't begin to know or understand completely about reading the water. The boat size in my case was very forgiving for me.

Congrats and good luck with her!

goatee
02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
i think it looks cool. i'd leave it.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 04:00 PM
There's a guy up in N Florida somewhere near where Forrest lives that has bought the Hawk name and it trying to resurrect it. Seems like a good guy. I think he still had some Hawk parts around too such as valve covers and stuff. His name is Kevin. I'll find out more for you.