PDA

View Full Version : NASA adopts FireFox as primary browser.

harbormaster
02-13-2005, 10:30 AM
Microsoft got another shocker yesterday when NASA switched to FireFox as the agency-wide browser of choice.

Unless something drastic happens, this is just the beginning of the mass exodus from Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) to Firefox.

If you have not downloaded Firefox yet, then you should. At this time it is a helluva lot more secure than IE.

McGary911
02-13-2005, 11:08 AM
Funny timing. I just downloaded Firefox yesterday. Pretty nice browser. I've been primarily using Opera for a couple of years. IE is kept for the few sites that are optimized for it, which include a bunch that I need for my job.

Once I get used to it, I'll probably use Firefox and Oprea 50\50...

MOP
02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
I have been using Fire Fox since you posted this, really like it just use IE for a couple of my bisiness sites. I wish I could figure out how to keep the favorite folders colapsed in the side bar menu. It is quite a bit faster than IE and does not time out on slow up loads like IE does.

Phil

rustnrot
02-24-2005, 07:29 AM
I have been using Firefox now for at least six months. Blocks pop ups dead, has a great tabbing feature as well. I guess I am "missing" Microsoft's new "free" virus protection that is a plug-in? for IE but I run AVG free version and no problems.

MOP
02-25-2005, 03:09 PM
Has anyone fiddled with FF to figure out how to put the FF favorites into the regular menu, I have gotten into the habit of using the program menu to for favorites. I hate the side bar thing that both IE and FF have when in full screen mode.

Phil

rustnrot
02-25-2005, 06:55 PM
Phil, IIR when I converted it imported the Favs from IE and now they reside as Bookmarks in FF as a pop down from the top tool bar.

MOP
02-25-2005, 08:08 PM
Tom mine did all the same, I also made it my dedicated browser for my ISP. I know the Favs can be gotten from the tool bar with a nice pop dowm when not in full screen and from the Fav icon which does the side bar like IE. What I am trying to figure out is how to get FF Favs in my program menu, old habits die hard.

Phil

MOP
02-25-2005, 08:12 PM
Tom a P.S. you can customize the tool bar with some nice stuff, not sure if you have played with it. I am going to post up on the FF site when I get back, for the next two weeks my mail is being auto sent to my Patchogue office while I am away, I can send but not recieve until Mar 13 so I will wait.

Phil