PDA

View Full Version : Tampa, St. Pete. Bound!!

Jerry Eisele
02-13-2005, 07:22 AM
We've had SNOW and rain all winter. My wife Diane, DONZIGIRl and myself are heading south next thur. night. We will be in the St. Pete. and Tampa area. We have a Donzi plant tour on Fri. the 18th and are open on Sat. or Sun.. We are going to Orlando on the 21st, 22nd and 23rd. We'll be back in the Tampa area till Sun. morning the 27th. If anyone has any time to take some froooooooooozen Donzi lovers for a spin, let me know. Does anyone have the address or number for the Marine Liquidators, north of St. Pete.? :kyle:

Thanks in advance

Cell 513/885/8569
home513/771/6091

ChromeGorilla
02-13-2005, 07:38 AM
Open on Sat and Sun!?!?!?!?!?!? Road trip to MIAMI c'mon down! I have an empty bench in the 22! :yes: :yes: Thaw out with us!

Fish boy
02-13-2005, 08:11 AM
the weather is perfect right now, and I just got my motor hung last night. Hope to finish rigging today and have it broken in just in time for your visit. Give me a shout when you get here, 727-455-5175

McGary911
02-13-2005, 11:11 AM
You're going to Seadog country? Those guys are bound to show you a great time. I'm probably heading down in early March myself. Can't wait. Have fun.

Donzigo
02-13-2005, 11:25 AM
Jerry & McGary,

Yup, we're still here. Big D has been totally remodeled on the inside. Just finished yesterday. It's gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Over 150 hours of hard work.

I've been chasing two bads leaks around the outdrives. I replaced the lower two bolts on both sides, yesterday. if that takes care of it, we might be up for a ride. Maybe we could get a group together to do a MarVista run again or perhaps even somewhere new.

Possible candidates for such a run might be:

Donzigo
DonzigoJr - (and his new rocketship)
Mitchell - Hula Girl
Fishboy
Budman
Jamesbon
CigaretteSS - (lightning could strike)
Tidbart
Cuda
who knows, there might be others

Jerry Eisele
02-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies. We had a great time last year on the run to Mar Vista. Which weekend/day(s) would be best for everyone? We're open to pretty much any suggestions, we just want to get out on the water! Chrome, this is twice you've mentioned a ride, if you're anywhere near where we are, I'm holding you to that offer!

If anyone has any information on the national liquidators, I'd appreciate it. I need fold out seating for my boat and we thought we'd look for some while in Florida.

Also, we went to something called the Speed Festival or weekend or something. Does anyone know when this is or have any information on it? It was in St. Pete on the water near some big pink hotel.

Hope to see everyone soon!
DonziGirl (Elizabeth) - yes I know it says JerryEisele but I was too lazy to sign him out!

Mr X
02-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Jerry & McGary,

Yup, we're still here. Big D has been totally remodeled on the inside. Just finished yesterday. It's gorgeous, if I do say so myself. Over 15o hours of hard work. It's a day boat now, totally white inside. Me likie.

I've been chasing two bads leaks around the outdrives. I replaced the lower two bolts on both sides, yesterday. if that takes care of it, we might be up for a ride, when you are down, Jerry. Maybe we could get a group together to do a MarVista run again or perhaps somewhere new.

Possible candidates for such a run might be:

Donzigo
DonzigoJr - (and his new rocketship)
Mitchell - Hula Girl
Fishboy
Budman
Jamesbon
CigaretteSS - (lightning could strike)
Tidbart
Cuda
who knows, there might be others

Looks like a good day for lightning.........say when!
Thats why I bought the ZF....for the salt water

DonziChick
02-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Pick whatever day is best for you guys. The only bad days are Monday through Wednesday since we'll be in Orlando at Universal Studios and Epcot. We aren't picky!

Magicallbill
02-14-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey Jerry&Family
Sounds like you'lll not miss any fun while your there. I ran the waterways between Anna Maria&Venice in the 70's and 80's.

Just wanted to tell you your '68 is either being painted or already done.(Jason's '66 is already done&looks great,no doubt yours will too.) We're keeping the same Robin-egg blue scheme,and we'll show you shots when completed.
We're a year behind on completion,but it'll be worth it. We'll meet you and yours and run Brookville or zip around South Bass or whatever you want. I'll bet it'd be a hoot for Donzichick to ride in that boat again
I'll keep you informed-have a good run South

Bill Hayes

Donzigo
02-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Now that Ted (CigaretteSS), will actually show up, I'm "IN" for sure, even if it isn't in my boat.

Jerry, I don't know of a National Liquidators around here. There's a place close to Wellcraft, Chris Craft & Donzi in Sarasota, called MARINE OUTLET. They have a large stock of most eveything.

But, the grand-daddy of all liquidators is this one, IMHO. It's huge. They advertise over 8 acres of stuff.

The Marine Connection Liquidators
2970 N. US Hwy 1
Fort Pierce, Fl. 34946
1-772-465-6460

I've been there several times, when I travel to that area. It is awesome. It's about 2 to 3 hours to Ft. Pierce from Orlando, I think.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:58 AM
Richard, there used to be a Marine Surplus on 34th street south on the east side of the road, proably around 30th ave.

onesubdrvr
02-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Now that Ted (CigaretteSS), will actually show up, I'm "IN" for sure, even if it isn't in my boat.

Jerry, I don't know of a National Liquidators around here. There's a place close to Wellcraft, Chris Craft & Donzi in Sarasota, called MARINE OUTLET. They have a large stock of most eveything.

But, the grand-daddy of all liquidators is this one, IMHO. It's huge. They advertise over 8 acres of stuff.

The Marine Connection Liquidators
2970 N. US Hwy 1
Fort Pierce, Fl. 34946
1-772-465-6460

I've been there several times, when I travel to that area. It is awesome. It's about 2 to 3 hours to Ft. Pierce from Orlando, I think.You are correct, 2 hours almost to the T from Universal.

Jerry,
If you make it over here (Ft. Pierce), give me a call, I'd love to meet another board member, and we could grab lunch or something

Wayne

Cuda
02-14-2005, 08:59 AM
Jerry, I don't know if you're looking for parts type stuff, but you might want to try Don's Salvage. I'm sure Donzigo knows where that is.

Donzigo
02-14-2005, 10:13 AM
Cuda, the one in St. Pete you speak is closed. it was simply a branch of the one in Sarasota.

Don's Salvage is fine if you have 3 hours to sift through the junk and fight with Don over price. I've stopped going there for those reasons.

DonziChick
02-14-2005, 11:21 AM
We were going to look for flip seats for my boat mainly I think. Just someplace new to putter about looking at boat parts :)

Donzigo
02-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Elizabeth, You could find those at Marine Outlet in Sarasota, probably.

Sunday is usually the most likey day this group gets together. How's that sound for you guys?

David has a new ride for you to try ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

Cuda
02-14-2005, 03:49 PM
Cuda, the one in St. Pete you speak is closed. it was simply a branch of the one in Sarasota.

Don's Salvage is fine if you have 3 hours to sift through the junk and fight with Don over price. I've stopped going there for those reasons.

Yeah, that's a fact. Even though Don's still around, the last time I was there, some young guy was in charge of pricing, and he was a lot easier to deal with.

Cuda
02-14-2005, 03:51 PM
We were going to look for flip seats for my boat mainly I think. Just someplace new to putter about looking at boat parts :)

The Marine Surplus in Sarasota had quite a few seats the last time I was there. It's real close to the Wellcraft plant, which I think is real close to the Donzi plant if I'm not mistaken.

Jerry Eisele
02-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Cuda, Donzigo, Thanks for the info on boat parts. Elizabeth needs some stuff so we want to look around when we're down.
Wayne, If we get around Ft. Pierce I'll give you a call. Email me your #
Donzigo, how about we meet on the 19th or 26th? Do you want to rendzvous at your place or a place closer to Fish or Ted? :cool:

DonziChick
02-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Zooooom is good :D

Team Hula Girl
02-15-2005, 11:13 PM
Jerry, glad to hear you are coming back to FL again this year. I am up for getting together also. This wekend coming up is bad for me because of the Miami show but the following weekend is good. Hopefully we will get to see you guys. The weather should be great.

The speed festival you went to was called the RPM show and it was at the Vinoy Resort and marina. It is put on by a magazine called RPM magazine.

J Mitchell

Jerry Eisele
02-16-2005, 05:25 AM
J Mitchel, Thanks for the input. Is the RPM show this Sun or next? That was realy cool and the Hotel was so nice we spent some time just looking around. I'll try to keep up while we are on the road, but I'm not sure if Elizabeth will have her lap top. My cell is 513/885/8569. I have Jodys # and I think I might still have Donzigos. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the sea dog group. We will plan on the 26th.

Donzigo
02-16-2005, 08:28 AM
Good idea, John. David & I are still thinking of getting down to the Miami show, this weekend.

Next weekend will be warmer and better for all of us here. Then, I can check to see that Dig D is working fine, with no leaks.

I think Fishboy is just getting back in the hunt with his new engine, as well.

Fish boy
02-16-2005, 08:39 AM
26th is better for me too, still have not gotten te fish boat wet. while I have everything apart, I am rewiring, fixing combing pads,...etc. This weekend was going to be pushing it for me too, and I still have to break the motor in. Gonna be a great time, can't wait to see everyone!!!!!

DonziChick
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Whenever is good for you, is good for us. Just tell us when/where to show up!

Donzigo
02-16-2005, 09:41 PM
I took Big D for a spin this evening. bad news, the transom at the bottom of the Bravo 1 housing, still leaks. So, the next step is to 5200 around the transom housing and let it cure. Then, I suppose I'm going to take the two powerplants ot and fix the darn thing.

Rats!

Mr X
02-16-2005, 09:56 PM
Richard,
have you pulled off the block off plates at the bottom of the gimbles on the inside of the transom....and inspected them??

Donzigo
02-17-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm assuming you are talking about the plates that block off what would be the connection tot he Y-pipes. Yes, I have inspected those. I have excellent access to the rear of the boat, since the pumps are mounted on the firewall. I took a look with my flashlight last night, when the boat was still in the water, and the water is oozing from below the housing.Starboard is worse than port. It oozes about maybe 1/4 cup per minute; so I'm not going to sink; but, it just makes me crazy that something wouldn't be 100% on my boat. I'm pretty sure that 5200 will completely stop it, if it's leaking from arond the seal. Then, I can plan to take it up to Gary King's on 49th, and have them take the engines out, when they have the shop empty. They're slammed right now.

Oh well, when I get the engine room all gutted, I'll take the housing and outdrive to Bob's and have them bead blast and paint them for $200 a piece. It would be worth it to have them look new again.

Jerry Eisele
02-21-2005, 01:16 PM
We've had a great time , weathers been great!! We rented a fish boat for the 24th, for the day, in Clearwater. If anyone wants to get together on the 25th , let us know. cell 513/885/8569.

Fish boy
02-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Hey Jerry, just got back in town about 10 minutes ago. Got a message from you a couple of days ago, but it was cut off. I will give you a shout. Glad the weather has been good, and good luck fishing. We definitely need to hook up.

see ya,

fish

Fish boy
02-25-2005, 06:16 PM
who is still in?

Team Hula Girl
02-25-2005, 08:06 PM
who is still in?

I'm game. I will be out on the water tommorrow regardless. Fish give me a call around noon. I can't hang out all day, I have plans for the night time.

J Mitch

Jerry Eisele
02-28-2005, 07:47 PM
Fish,
Thanks again for Sat. We had a good time and it was fun talking Donzi's. Buy the way, it's 26 degrees out and snowing!!! Not much change for the rest of the week. Hope to see some east coasters at the AOTH.

Fish boy
03-01-2005, 07:08 AM
hey Jerry,
it was great seeing you guys too. Between weather, schedules...etc, sorry we could not get out on the water. Hopefully next year if ya'll come down again. BTW, the speed show was cancelled Sunday, so you did not miss anything. Sorry about the snow, it is 70 and not a cloud in the sky today... where are my shades. LOL

Hopefull see ya at AOTH if I can work it out.

fish