PDA

View Full Version : Z235 owners manual needed

fr8dog
02-12-2005, 11:03 PM
We're in the process of buying a sadly neglected '98 235 Sport Deck. We checked out the cockpit last week and found what was left of the manual, frozen in a block of ice in the bottom of the boat.

Does anyone have a lead on where we could go for a replacement? (Mike at Donzi parts says they don't have any.) If anyone has one we could copy, we would be happy to cover the Kinko's bill and shipping charge.

We're new to the Registry but would appreciate any leads. Thanks!

Donzigo
02-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the hunt, Fr8dog! You're in the right place.

An owners manual might be hard to come by with this group; since it is a club of mostly 16,18, &22's. Even I, with a Z-33 am not a mainstream Donzi Classic owner, Having said that, if you go to the registry listing, and find somwone who owns a vessel like yours, you could email them directly. Most peope list their boat & model types.

More important than an actual owner's manual might be manuals for the engine, outdrive, and other systems. Those are readily available. What is your engine outdrive package?

Richard
727-867-7020

fr8dog
02-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the idea, Donzigo! I'll contact the couple of members who seem to have the same boat.

As far as the answers to your question, I don't have access to the boat right now. I seem to recall the boat has a 5.7 Mercruiser, 250 hp, with an Alpha 1 drive. I've never owned an I/O before so I'm not sure what that signifies.

BoatCrazy
02-20-2005, 07:11 PM
I own a 1999 Z235 and have spent many hours on her and would be happy to answer any questions you may have. I do not have the factory manuals that came with the boat but I do have manuals on the engine and drive (5.7 260HP/ Alpha One). I have done alot of work to my Donzi and hopefully I can help with your questions. I have posted a few pictures of my Z235 in the Donzi Registry.

Steve

gcarter
02-20-2005, 07:49 PM
We're in the process of buying a sadly neglected '98 235 Sport Deck. We checked out the cockpit last week and found what was left of the manual, frozen in a block of ice in the bottom of the boat.
FWIW, people who do restorations of valuable manuscripts that get wet....(isn't a Donzi owners manual valuable?) :biggrin.: use freeze drying. Apparently when done the pages are separate and completely whole. I know we've all seen freeze dried foods, but the process entails a vacuum chamber to vaporize the moisture while the frozen material (food, paper, or whatever) is slowly warmed up.

gcarter
02-20-2005, 08:27 PM
You might want to look at this;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26453&item=4529521914&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
It doesn't say what model it is.