PDA

View Full Version : OK, color me uninformed

onesubdrvr
02-11-2005, 08:26 PM
OK

So what exactly is a "Poker Run"? I've heard about these alot, but never knew exactly how they work?

Just Curious,
Wayne

pmreed
02-11-2005, 09:59 PM
Wayne,

Bunch of boats get together, pay a set fee per boat and or poker hand and set out on the high seas, making stops along the way where playing cards are picked up. At the end of the run you will have a complete poker hand. Big party at the end :beer: , and prizes are awarded for the best hands. If you look at the types of boats most often associated with poker runs, you'll also note that who gets it all done first is a big deal. Going fast doesn't get you a better hand, but you get bragging rights.

Phil

onesubdrvr
02-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Well,

Must say, that sounds pretty cool, I may try my hand at the Angel Aid run (even though I don't have a 90mph boat). It's almost like a scavenger hunt on the water

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
02-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Wayne, yes you need to come on up for Angel Aid. Sure it's cool to be the fastest but to me it's more about the people, the party and the cool ass boats sittin at the docks.

onesubdrvr
02-11-2005, 11:31 PM
Wayne, yes you need to come on up for Angel Aid. Sure it's cool to be the fastest but to me it's more about the people, the party and the cool ass boats sittin at the docks.
When are registrations due by? Don't need a hotel, my parents live in Waynesville, so 45 minute drive (not too bad, considering the alternative 4 hours from here)

Wayne