PDA

View Full Version : AN Stainless braided-hose ends?

RickR
02-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm plumbing an oil cooler for the 22.

Which AN hose ends are better for salt water corrosion resistance?

Russell
Russell Endura
Aeroquip
Earls
Earls Hard anodized

Thanks!!!!!!

GEOO
02-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Normal colored anodized ends don't last long in Salt Water. (3-5 years if get salt spray on them)
Hard coat anodized ( a blackish Color) is very hard and should last in salt water.

BUIZILLA
02-07-2005, 02:48 PM
AeroQuip stainless

RedDog
02-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Seems I recall you had a problem with warm running at WOT - looks like you found a cure. Did you / did you have this fabbed?

I drove by your house Saturday and didn't see a sign of life so I just kept on going and drank the cold one with your name on it :D

RickR
02-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Geoo and Buzilla
I'll look into the hard anodized and stainless. Looks like I could buy a new boat for what these hoses are going to cost me :shocking:

I installed cooler with OE hoses but 1/2" OD looks too small to me. I had temp and pressure issues after extended WOT.

Reddog
New cooler is from Rex Marine. Installed in same location as the OE cooler after I modifed the brackets. I used up some weird powder coating (silver vein)

Sorry I missed you I was above Center Hill (Rocky Creek) helping my brother in law look at property :)

gcarter
02-09-2005, 04:39 PM
I recently installed SST braided Aeroquip hoses on my Minx. We searched throughout the catalog and were unable to find SST ends for that series of hoses. So I ended up with plated steel.
The cost was less than $200.00 but I don't remember an exact amount.

:wavey:

Jamesbon
02-09-2005, 10:16 PM
RickR,
You continue to raise the bar....

Like BUIZILLA said, "Aeroquip Stainless" is the way to go. Any well equipped Goodyear store should be able to "fab'em" for ya.