PDA

View Full Version : StopSign.com

boldts
02-04-2005, 05:25 AM
Saw an ad on TV for this website that provides virus checks of your P/C. Anyone tried it or have any feed-back on this site? I guess I'm hoping that maybe the bad guys are not now advertising a fix to down-load their evil ways.

txtaz
02-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Scott, This is the best one I've found and it's free.
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Hope this helps,
Wes

boldts
02-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Thank-you Wes! I'll check it out tonight. I don't think I have a problem, but I've been getting an awfull lot of e-mail notifications from addresses I know I'm not sending e-mails to and I thought if there was a free application to check for a virus, I'd make sure there is nothing on my P/C at home. Sure would be nice to cut out all the spam I get also. Makes it hard sometimes to actually get back to people who need answers from me.

When you've received over a 1,000 e-mails in a 2 day span, you sometimes delete things you really needed to keep or at least send an answer to out of frustration! I think every medical pharmacy, cheating house-wife and mortgage refinance company in America has my name on their list. Funny, the cheating house-wifes actually expect you to come to their home, get caught and beat up or shot by the jealous husband? Not this guy thank-you very much! I was just hoping that by not answering all this junk, it would go away. Guess not! :splat: :banghead:

Formula Jr
02-04-2005, 07:50 PM
I got the pop up demon from hell on Sunday. Something called "Quality Values."
It got past my pop-up blocker, anti-virus soft and anti-spyware checker. It completely took over my machine to the point that I couldn't even hang-up the modem connection. I got slaved for about 30 minutes till I had to literaly pull the plug. Some how it also erased my modem driver and installed its own. Its a pretty strange feeling to pick up your phone to make a call and realize you're on line while your desktop task bars are saying you are not on line and you didn't even initiate a connection. This thing was so sneaky, it even muted my speakers so I couldn't hear the modem dialing out. It will be interesting to see whats on my phone bill for this month. So I had to do a disk wipe and start from scratch. But my modem no longer shows up in my hardware/device list. So something is still not right. In the mean time, I'm now getting e-mail delivery failure notices from messages I know I never sent out. They were all sent to swedish telecom addresses. That machine is now unpluged from the phone line. Awaiting an undetermined fate. :bonk: