PDA

View Full Version : Maryland luxury tax

TBroccoli
02-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Someone I know just got a letter in the mail from the Maryland police. It is telling them that they are late in paying the tax for having their boat in Maryland waters. They have had this boat for about 8years. They do keep it in the Sassafras River, MD. They had a place on the water in NJ for years. Every time the marine police pulled them over in the past they told the police that the boat is mainly kept in NJ. I guess the police noticed the boat stored in the parking lot of a marina on the Sassafras River, MD and traced it to them. Is there anyway of getting out of paying this tax?? My friend will have to take out a large loan to pay this off.

goatee
02-03-2005, 12:31 PM
luxury tax????
send monopoly money

what is this coming to?
wasnt this country founded by rich aristocratic guys who didnt want to pay their taxes?
mass. eh? send them "tea" bills. :spit:

f_inscreenname
02-03-2005, 02:12 PM
Looks like he is not alone. Check this link out http://www.geocities.com/bill_dietrich/Costs.html Go to the part “US states in general:” and read all about it. It looks like he had 30 day and then they come and get you. Being your buddy was pulled out they had him. A lot of people winter there boats around the bay. I bet a lot of people got the same notice. If you are pulled out it will probably be more then 30 days. Must need the extra revenue.