PDA

View Full Version : Great article on new ZX Donzi's

Last Tango
02-02-2005, 01:43 PM
The current issue of Family and Performance BOATING magazine arrived a couple days ago. It has a very nice multi-page article on all of the '05 Donzi ZX series. Plenty of photography although it does appear that some of it was taken directly from the catalog. Article talks about the history of the series, the design and development of the stepped bottom in that series, and lots of fun details about each model which might be of interest to all. It also includes the MSRP for each boat.
Unfortunately, the lead photo of the 38ZX at speed with a boatload of happy folks has, I believe, sadly, Steve Simon at the helm. I could be wrong. But, that photo has been around since the 38ZX began production and Steve often drove the boats for the photo shoots.
Still, all in all, a nice (and also unfortunately RARE) Donzi article in a major boating publication. I guess I will renew my subscription later this year and hope they eventually do a similar article on the Classic series.
Oh, yeah. They also chat a bunch about the ZR series and mention a total of FOUR boats planned for that series. Let's see: 35ZR, 38ZR, and 43ZR are already out in the open. Since they lament the old Z27 as the ONLY Donzi in that series to ever be actually designed and campaigned actively in offshore competition, is it possible that a 27ZR or 29ZR will be the fourth of this series? Single 525EFI and Bravo One ZR with DTS and lots of go-fast stuff?... Hmmmmm... Or maybe something a little larger, say around 30 or 31 to fill the gap left open by the end of 33ZX production last year. TWIN BB's? Donzi no longer gives you a single BB choice in the 28ZX according to the article (discussion on this is elsewhere on another thread), so wouldn't that leave the door open for a new entry in this gap?
Who can shed more light on this?

Cuda
02-02-2005, 02:47 PM
I sure think the 35Zr is really going to sell. 80 mph with black engines is going to be tough to beat in a good looking boat.