PDA

View Full Version : NEW Eddie Marine Stainless TIPS...

Air 22
01-31-2005, 08:06 PM
In JR's lil' world of cosmo upgrades :rolleyes: its ...out w/ the old...and in w/ the NEW. : :biggrin: : These new Eddie Marine Tips are soooooo :shades: much nicer than the CAN's/Mufflers I had on before. Easy to install as well.. Just adding the screws to finish them off...:smash: :biggrin: :spongebob Oh and sound well...it Rocks.. :yes: :biggrin:

If anyone is interested in the old can's let me know. They are stainless w/ new flappers installed.. :wink:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2005, 08:10 PM
They must be fiber-magnetic cause I don't see no screws.. :jestera:

Air 22
01-31-2005, 08:14 PM
They must be fiber-magnetic cause I don't see no screws.. :jestera:

Diesel Boy..RTFP :smash: :biggrin: again...

BUIZILLA
01-31-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm confused what this stands for, can you clue me in? :cistineb:

Air 22
01-31-2005, 08:30 PM
I'm confused what this stands for, can you clue me in? :cistineb:
OMG... :rolleyes: Read The.....????? :biggrin: oh never mind...yet another post hijacked... :fire:

BUIZILLA
01-31-2005, 08:32 PM
RTFPwassa matta fo u

penbroke
01-31-2005, 08:47 PM
Well they surely do look nice even without the screws. :yes:

Frank
Mufflers?? I don't think so.

onesubdrvr
01-31-2005, 08:47 PM
If anyone is interested in the old can's let me know. They are stainless w/ new flappers installed.. :wink:
I may be interested, waiting for a call back from Corsa as to recommendations
(ya know, the rag with the swim platform)

Wayne
PS, NEW TIPS ARE SWEEEEET!

Air 22
01-31-2005, 08:53 PM
I may be interested, waiting for a call back from Corsa as to recommendations
(ya know, the rag with the swim platform)

Wayne
PS, NEW TIPS ARE SWEEEEET!

Onesubdrvr...Sorry....already sold..only took 3 min....

harbormaster
02-01-2005, 06:50 AM
I am interested in the old "cans"

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 06:52 AM
MP, do the ones your talking about look just like Air's? Just w/out the screws. I may be interested.....

I also have some questions as that style of tip.

1. With out the rubber flapper on the outer rim is water reversion more of an issue?

2. Are they louder than the ones you had Air22? (The louder the better :) )

3. MP, whats it gonna cost me for said bling?

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 06:53 AM
Scot, you have dibs on my cans :smileybo: if I get new tips..... :yes:

RedDog
02-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Very nice. I have kicked around replacing my cans as well. Do the ones you bought from Eddie's have the internal flaps?

MP - the ones you describe sound nice too. Do they also come with the internal flaps?

Air 22
02-01-2005, 08:42 AM
Very nice. I have kicked around replacing my cans as well. Do the ones you bought from Eddie's have the internal flaps?

MP - the ones you describe sound nice too. Do they also come with the internal flaps?

RedDog..Yes, my Eddie Marine Tips came w/ internal flaper. :wink: You can order w/ out if desired.

Hey, I fly into TYS(Knocksville) all the time...give me a call .
919.696.1968cell if your near by. From the air I see some neat lakes/resv and rivers ya'll must boat on. :yes:

Air 22
02-01-2005, 08:47 AM
MP, do the ones your talking about look just like Air's? Just w/out the screws. I may be interested.....

1. With out the rubber flapper on the outer rim is water reversion more of an issue?

2. Are they louder than the ones you had Air22? (The louder the better :) )

3. MP, whats it gonna cost me for said bling?

Scott...You can order your tips with or without flapers. Our 22's exhaust exit point on the transom ain't to far from the aqua. I'd get the internal flapper to be safe. ;)

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 09:00 AM
Scott...You can order your tips with or without flapers. Our 22's exhaust exit point on the transom ain't to far from the aqua. I'd get the internal flapper to be safe

Dwight thank you for the valuable input :wink:

OK, now for round 2.....

2. Are they louder than the ones you had Air22? (The louder the better )

3. MP, whats it gonna cost me for said bling?"

RedDog
02-01-2005, 09:08 AM
Hey, I fly into TYS(Knocksville) all the time...give me a call .
919.696.1968cell if your near by. From the air I see some neat lakes/resv and rivers ya'll must boat on. :yes:

10 miles and 2 turns from TYS. Yep, the boating is pretty nice around here.

Air 22
02-01-2005, 10:53 AM
Dwight thank you for the valuable input :wink:

OK, now for round 2.....

ChromeGorilla....
1. No reversion if you order internal flaper. Its welded in place up inside pipe. You only see it if ya look up there. It only moves on direction to let H2o out not in :smash:

2. Louder....ooooohhhhh yaaaaaaa... :yes: The longer style like mine allow for a muffler insert if desired to tone it down if ya wish. Not me yet...gotta watch it now as some places we run have restrictions so we need to behave.... :rolleyes: :)

RedDog
02-01-2005, 12:15 PM
With internal flaps, 78 bucks ea FOB Miami.....

1) got a picture?

2) angle cut or straight?

3) internal flaps?

4) lenght outside the transom?

RickSE
02-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Air & Poodle,
Do the straight tips bolt right up to the old holes for the Corsa cans, or do you have to make new holes.

I think I have the biggest cans on the board. :biggrin: I've been thinking about replacing with straight tips but worried about the noise regulations here out west (86db) and the fact that the 6" flange diameter on the tips will not be big enough to cover the 7"-8"?? diameter of my current Corsa cans. My boat is painted and I'm willing to bet that there's no paint under my cans, just white gel.

BTW, I hate mt current cans, although they do a good job quieting the motor down they also splatter water back up all over the transom of the boat. I tried removing the flappers but this did not help. I'd rather just shoot that water as far back as possible with an unrestricted tip.

RedDog
02-01-2005, 02:19 PM
these are the same size? It's hard to tell

ChromeGorilla
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
OK just went to look at my boat and I didnt even know what I had. :bonk: I have a 5" long tip with the straight cut end. it is 4" in diameter and has a 6" flange. I think I'm gonna take the rubber flap off the end to see if I like how it looks. i like the look of the angle cut better though....
This is how the bolt pattern is layed out on the flange. 2 on top and 1 on the bottom. MP, what is the pattern on the tips you have?

RickSE
02-01-2005, 03:55 PM
I found what must be the standard Corsa can online, says the outside diameter of the can is 5". Seems about right for your picture RedDog, 4" pipe with 1/2" per side for a can O.D. of 5". Mine are bigger than that, 4" plus at least 1" per side. So hopefully they're no bigger than 6" O.D.. Mine seem to mount with the same 3-hole configuration inside the boat.

MOP
02-01-2005, 04:32 PM
The angle cuts look great but are some dangerous, I have a nasty scar on my arm from meeting up with one the hard way. I had a nice set awhile back and gave them away for free to a board member!

Phil

RedDog
02-01-2005, 06:10 PM
The angle cuts look great but are some dangerous, I have a nasty scar on my arm from meeting up with one the hard way. I had a nice set awhile back and gave them away for free to a board member!

Phil
I like the look of angle cut too but had wondered about the hazards when climbing out of the water and up the drive/transom.

tmdog
02-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Poodle- -I wish I knew you could of supplied exh. tips . I bought mine from Eddie Marine. Your tips are a lot cheaper and really like the idea of no exposed screws. I purchased the angle cut w/o flappers. Screw hole pattern is different and the top flange needs to be cut. The stock tips were cut also to fit high on the transom. I believe they came from the factory that way. The 18 D is a 1988 model. Does anyone have a similar problem or do I have the bastard.

onesubdrvr
02-01-2005, 09:37 PM
Ok, while we are on the topic,.....sorta,.... I'm looking for some side exhaust tips, any suggestions other than Corsa and Hardin? Hardin has a selection of (1) and Corsa (2), would like some other options maybe!!

Wayne

Charter member of NOTHING!

gcarter
02-01-2005, 09:44 PM

Phil
I've only hit my head on them a couple of times while working on the transom. :kaioken:

:wavey:

farmer tx
02-01-2005, 11:17 PM
http://stainlessmarine.com/exhaust1.html

4" straight flange 30 degree angle cut w/mounting studs.
I think they are 6.5" long from flange to tip.

bverd
02-02-2005, 07:33 AM
The Eddie Marine bolted right up..existing holes were perfect..no drilling. I used through bolt and locking washer for strength :bonk: :D

Dwight speaking here!

RickSE
02-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Dag Nabit, the O.D. of my cans is 6.5" and the black paint on the transom was masked to the cans, no paint under the cans. Therefor if I take off the cans and put on straight tips with a 6" flange I'll have a 1/4" white donut around the flanges on my tips. :bawling:

Has anyone seen a straight tip with a bigger flange diameter? They all seem to stop at 6".

Ranman
02-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Dag Nabit, the O.D. of my cans is 6.5" and the black paint on the transom was masked to the cans, no paint under the cans. Therefor if I take off the cans and put on straight tips with a 6" flange I'll have a 1/4" white donut around the flanges on my tips. :bawling:

Has anyone seen a straight tip with a bigger flange diameter? They all seem to stop at 6".

See if Stainless Marine fab you up a set with a 6.5" flange. Prolly wouldn't be that much more cheese.

I bought a set of Stainless Marine tips to replace the ones on my 18 (IMCO's I believe), but the hole locations were off. I wonder if I provide the hole pattern if Stainless Marine can match me up to use the existing holes? Anyone know?

RickSE
02-02-2005, 02:00 PM
Here's roughly what I'd be looking for. I'd have to determine where my current mounting holes are if I want to avoid drilling new holes, or just drill new ones.

I'd probably go with 6 3/4" or 7" dia. flanges to insure I cover the old mounting diameter.